Iran renews threat to "wipe Israel off the map" - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
An Iranian General stated that an Israeli strike on Iran would be "a great opportunity for the Islamic Revolution to wipe them (Jews) off the world's geographic history," Deputy Commander of Iran's Revolutionary Guard Brig.-Gen. Hossein Salami declared Sunday.
The General also said that Iran may make a "pre-emptive strike" on Israel.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 ... 30,00.html
Moshe wrote:An Iranian General stated that an Israeli strike on Iran would be "a great opportunity for the Islamic Revolution to wipe them (Jews) off the world's geographic history," Deputy Commander of Iran's Revolutionary Guard Brig.-Gen. Hossein Salami declared Sunday.
The General also said that Iran may make a "pre-emptive strike" on Israel.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 ... 30,00.html

By the way... The statement by Deputy Commander of Iran's Revolutionary Guard Brig.-Gen. Hossein Salami said -

"an Israeli strike on Iran would be..." meaning this could happen ONLY if Israel strikes Iran FIRST. What do you expect them to do if Israel bombs them? Bow down and surrender? :lol:
Goldberk, you are always anti-semitic.
No surprise that in another thread you came out in support of your fellow former "Rugby" pupil calling policemen "plebs". You public school boys either join the Tory party or claim to be "Anarchists", but you are mostly anti-semites.

In any case, you are trying to get away from the topic. This Iranian general very clearly said Iran would "wipe Israel off the map". He said they would do this if Israel attacked Iran first ("it would be a great opportunity") but also as a "pre-emptive strike" in other words, if Israel did not strike at Iran first.
Goldberk, of course you side with the Iranian theocracy as you aproved of Hitlers' lunatic plan to exterminate the Jews.

The good part is that the Theocratic fanatics are more likely to blow themselves up in their attempt to blow up Israel. The Mullas couldn't even manage to defeat the tiny, primative army of Iraq during the comedy of the Iran-Iraq war.
The US defeated the Iraqui army in less than five minutes, as could any other army, or even the girl scouts, come to that
No surprise that in another thread you came out in support of your fellow former "Rugby" pupil calling policemen "plebs". You public school boys either join the Tory party or claim to be "Anarchists", but you are mostly anti-semites.

I went to a comprehensive school and I despise the public school system much more than you.

This Iranian general very clearly said Iran would "wipe Israel off the map". He said they would do this if Israel attacked Iran first ("it would be a great opportunity") but also as a "pre-emptive strike" in other words, if Israel did not strike at Iran first.

We could have the age old debate about the difference of wiping Jews off the map or the Jewish state, but arch zionists like yourself are so removed from reality there is no point.

Goldberk, of course you side with the Iranian theocracy as you aproved of Hitlers' lunatic plan to exterminate the Jews.

Lie and complete troll fail on your point, I despise Nazi ideology and anti Semites.

The good part is that the Theocratic fanatics are more likely to blow themselves up in their attempt to blow up Israel. The Mullas couldn't even manage to defeat the tiny, primative army of Iraq during the comedy of the Iran-Iraq war.

This bit I agree with.
Goldberk wrote:We could have the age old debate about the difference of wiping Jews off the map or the Jewish state, but arch zionists like yourself are so removed from reality there is no point.

What is there to debate? I don't see people saying they will "wipe ireland off the map". It is interesting to see how far the apologists will go to try and excuse away the worst behavior of those they are ideologically allied with. Why is it required to be an "arch-zionist" or some other allegedly derogatory term in your mind to find it socially acceptable in defending one's national state? Are irish who take pride in ireland to be undermined, attacked, ridiculed, and suicide bombed also?

Lie and complete troll fail on your point, I despise Nazi ideology and anti Semites.

I find this statement disengenuous at best.

But but but didn't the "mighty lions" of hezbollah crush the IDF in 2006? Why can't those who hate jews keep their idiocies in alignment? And what does a war fought 30 years ago have to do with the russian-trained IRG?
Tirunus wrote:Moshe, have you considered the fact that people can oppose Israel for non anti-semitic reasons? Or are you just so consumed by the caricature you have created for people that oppose your opinions that you cannot see reason?

Certainly one can oppose the polocies of the Israeli government without being anti-semitic. I totally oppose most of the polocies of Israeli governments over the last decade.
But to argue that a state has no right to exist, that it has no legitemacy, that it must be wiped off the face of the earth, is another matter entirely.
I totally oppose everything about the theocracy in Iran, but I certainly don't want it "wiped off the map" or wish any harm to its citizens. I am not anti-Iranian, I am anti the repressive government.
While I think it unfortunate that India was devided and Pakistan artificially created for religious reasons, I do not question Pakistans right to exist or call for it to be destroyed. If I did, that would be genocidal and racist.
Yet this is exactly the demand of the anti-Israel lobby- that Israel cease to exist and that Jews be exiled from the land.

BTW, I find it amusing that Goldberk continues to state that I am a Zionist, when I have made it clear that I am not. Not that there is anything shameful about being a zionist- but nationalism in any form is against my temprement.
What is there to debate?

One point argues for the genocidal removal of Jews the other for the removal of Israel the two are different propositions.

they are ideologically allied with

I am not ideologically allied with Islamists, in your narrow world view everyone who opposes racial supremacist zionists must be Nazis or Islamists when in fact opposition stems from a much wider base.

I find this statement disengenuous at best.

Why?

I totally oppose everything about the theocracy in Iran, but I certainly don't want it "wiped off the map" or wish any harm to its citizens. I am not anti-Iranian, I am anti the repressive government.

When people ask for the elimination of a state they may be asking for it's transformation not the elimination of its populace, for example those who worked to see the elimination of the Soviet Union.
If I may...

Speaking with Iran's Al-Alam TV, Hajizadeh said: "Iran will not start any war but it could launch a preemptive attack if it was sure that the enemies are putting the final touches to attack it."

Hajizadeh said any attack on Iranian soil could trigger World War III: "We cannot imagine the Zionist regime starting a war without America's support. Therefore, in case of a war, we will get into a war with both of them and we will certainly get into a conflict with American bases."

"In that case, unpredictable and unmanageable things would happen and it could turn into a World War Three."

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4285130,00.html

OK...the man actually said they will not start a war.
He also said that if they know Israel is about to attack, they will make a pre-emptive strike...Bush fashion.
It's important to note that Israel has also threatened a pre-emptive strike.
Over the past several weeks there has been an eruption of alarming reports, high-level meetings, and public debate over whether Israel is close to deciding—or has already decided—to launch a military assault on Iran before the November U.S. presidential election.

On August 10, Channel 2 News, Israel's leading news program, reported that Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu and Defense Minister Barak were on the verge of making a decision to go to war. Yedioth Ahronoth, Israel's largest daily, reports, "Insofar as it depends on [Prime Minister] Benjamin Netanyahu and [Defense Minister] Ehud Barak, an Israeli military strike on the nuclear facilities in Iran will take place in these coming autumn months, before the U.S. elections in November."

The week before, the New York Times reported, "In Israel, there remains feverish speculation that Mr. Netanyahu will act in September or early October." A former head of Israeli intelligence commented, "If I was an Iranian, I would be very fearful of the next 12 weeks."

http://revcom.us/a/279/frenzy-of-war-talk-israel-threatens-to-attack-iran-en.html

Hmmm...so are we to understand that it's OK for Israel to make threats and do allot of "saber-rattling" but it's not OK for Iran to reciprocate?
That doesn't sound "Kosher"...

Only a complete PANSIE would examine this situation and not understand the "tit-for-tat" politics of it.
Israel makes threats.
Iran leadership, so as not to appear week, and perhaps to drum up support, reciprocates.

AN IDIOT COULD FIGURE THIS OUT!!!

Which is why I'm not at all surprised that certain PANSIES refuse to figure this out...or at least admit that they can figure it out. :knife:

IF Israel makes their playful little pre-emptive strike, and IF that escalates to WWIII, I too will pray for Israel's complete destruction.
NOT because I am some sort of Jew Hater ('cause I don't really HATE anyone) but because Israel will have it coming to them.

IF Israel errs on the side of caution and rationality, deciding NOT to take insane violent action, Then I will be the first to applaud them.
Buzz, you are a sad case.
Do we really need to read your pitiful homophobic obsessions?

As to the other matter, it is absurd to put Israel and iran as equal. The Iranian theocracy is an absurd laughing stock. Iran has no rights in the world of nations, bvecause it denies the right to exist of other states and other people.
Israel would be entitled to wipe out Iran on strategic, legal and moral grounds, but of course will not do this.
If Israel does strike Iran, it will be only to strike at Irans nuclear facilities. It will be an act of law enforcement
The statement by Iran that if the US and Israel "attack" Iran it would be the start of WWIII is hillarious.
It would not. NO country would rise to support Iran.
Irans' only ally (apart from Syria) is Russia, and Russia\ would have no part in any attack on Israel. Putin himself has warned Ahmajinidad against any provocation against Israel.
For strategic reasons, vis a vis power games between the USA and Russia, Russia is aligned with Iran. But Puti9ns support and allegiance to Israel and the Jewish people goes much deeper. Iran knows that if it makes any move against Israel- even if provoked- it will have lost any hope of future Russian supplies and support
And you think I'M a sad case? :lol:

Be warned Moshe...if Israel starts this thing...the entire world will blame the Jewish people and you'll all be right back where you started...

Scattered and living in ghettos as social outcasts.

The Jews have worked too hard to dig themselves out of that mire.
A single unthinkable act would likely put your people right back where you never wanted to be again.
Is that what you want?

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Only Zionists believe that bollocks and you lot ar[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]