Where do UFOs (flying saucers) come from? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Theories and happenings too odd for the main forums.
Please choose the answer you most favour.

Let us limit the discussion to the best authenticated cases.

I am very doubtful that humans have been in contact with extraterrestrials, but I am open to persuasion.

I believe that if flying saucers are real, they probably do not originate from within our universe, since they defy the laws of physics. We would have to seek some other explanation.
I would of voted other. The only logical explanation for Unidentified flying objects... Consider the following

-John Titor. or other more advanced time travelers

-Phineas Gage, manifesting image for illusion

-Last guild of Nazi's taking their ol' crafts for a spin from Antarctica

Take your pick for other reasons. I'm sure not one will convince you
Even in the best authenticated cases, flying saucers are misidentified natural phenomena, man-made aircraft, hoaxes, visual hallucinations, &c

I've known people to make hoaxes. We vastly underestimate the power of suggestion-I've known people in situations where a group of gawking people looking at a UFO and trying to explain what else this metallic thing hovering in the sky could possibly be. Someone else joined and asked why everyone was staring at a crane.

Finally, UFOs are notoriously sighted around top secret Air Force bases. The fact people can't explain why secret aircraft would be around secret aircraft storage units is depressing.
Section Leader wrote:Even in the best authenticated cases, flying saucers are misidentified natural phenomena, man-made aircraft, hoaxes, visual hallucinations, &c

I think the most rational position is that of open-minded scepticism. Given that they defy the laws of physics, they cannot originate from within known universe, but it seems premature to dismiss even the best authenticated cases as misidentified natural phenomena, man-made aircraft, hoaxes, or visual hallucinations.
Wolke wrote:they defy the laws of physics.
:knife:
First, they do not defy the laws of physics. We just do not have the materials necessary to create one.
Monopoles, which were created at the moment of the big bang, have only one magnetic pole. Their existence is well established in physics, but they are extremely rare, because of the vastness of the universe. if one created a magnetic net across a wide area (something within the ability of a type III civilization,) relic monopoles could be gathered to create UFOs such described by the most plausible sources.
Red_Bull wrote: The extraterrestrial angle is fun to think about, but I doubt a sentient species is traveling across the galaxy just to do some trippy air shows and observe humans.
:roll:
So an extraterrestrial species travels across the galaxy, finds another sentient species, and they WOULD NOT want to observe it? Unbelievible.
So an extraterrestrial species travels across the galaxy, finds another sentient species, and they WOULD NOT want to observe it? Unbelievible.

Your arrogance as a human forces you to think we're worth observing. That wasn't really the point I was making. I'm trying to say the black project angle is more likely than aliens.
We wouldn't know the mentality or rationale of an alien species that is advanced enough to travel to our solar system.

On topic the US airforce did catalogue and try to explain every case of UFO's reported in the US (Project Blue Book) and even they aknowledged a small perentage of cases that they couldn't explain.
:lol:
Could you have a civil face to face conversation with a two hundred
pound critter that has this general appearance? And what makes
anyone think that their motivations would understandable by us?

But as to where do UFOs (flying saucers) come from I would say most of the come out of a bottle, a baggie full of powerful weed, flights of fancy caused by psychedelic drugs or mental illness, unexplained natural aerial phenomenon, the misidentification of terrestrial aircraft and from the minds of hoaxsters.
UFO's dont necessarily come from space. Assuming they are aliens ofcourse. During the cold war there was a pretty well known (at least in the USSR) underwater phenomenon in the military known as Kvakers (or Quackers because of the quack sound they made on the sonar) These got more and more common towards the end of the Cold War, the Admiral of the soviet Pacific fleet got so tired of hearing about this and got on a sub himself and after a few miles the sonar detected hundreds of these things and they moved much faster than any known submarine. Apparently both sides suspected that these where some sort of weapon and the US staged an entire operation to capture one around the North Atlantic Ocean near Norway, the US sub commander tried to ram one and the sub was destoryed :eek: with no evidence of the Kvaker near the debris. During the 90's all Kvaker activity in the oceans just stopped. I'm not making this shit up btw there is witness testimony by very very high ranking military officials. Scary shit eh?
I would say most of the come out of a bottle, a baggie full of powerful weed

Shit, I should be reporting sightings every day.
Travesty wrote:UFO's dont necessarily come from space. Assuming they are aliens ofcourse. During the cold war there was a pretty well known (at least in the USSR) underwater phenomenon in the military known as Kvakers (or Quackers because of the quack sound they made on the sonar) These got more and more common towards the end of the Cold War, the Admiral of the soviet Pacific fleet got so tired of hearing about this and got on a sub himself and after a few miles the sonar detected hundreds of these things and they moved much faster than any known submarine. Apparently both sides suspected that these where some sort of weapon and the US staged an entire operation to capture one around the North Atlantic Ocean near Norway, the US sub commander tried to ram one and the sub was destoryed with no evidence of the Kvaker near the debris. During the 90's all Kvaker activity in the oceans just stopped. I'm not making this shit up btw there is witness testimony by very very high ranking military officials. Scary shit eh?

And thus someone finally gives me the origin of the US fights with sea Vril story i heard years ago. Thank you

People tend to forget that the French now have a s[…]

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls There is no ethnic cleansing going o[…]

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]