US Navy almost fires on Iranian ships after provocation - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By KurtFF8
I'm glad American kicked the ass of both the Mexican and Spanish juggernauts, made the world safe for cheap labour and awesome vacation spots!

Well you're not the only one, which is why America is on the decline.
By Oxymoron
Go look where your shoes are made, go look where the keyboard you're typing all this shit is built. Checked? It's not Iran you moron.

Ok so you want us to attack a country that has peaceful and vibrant economic relations with the US? China is not a competitor they are our manufacturer, while the mideast is our gas station.
By Thompson_NCL
America doesn't need to fight wars in the middle east. It's cheaper to buy the oil than it is to fight for it, and Iran's nuclear ambitions can be kept in check with strategic air strikes. I don't understand why they don't just pull out instead of being dragged into another expensive conflict.

Theres no prestige in a victory over Iran, the Americans will look like the aggressor as it's not their territory and basically it's just unnecessary.
By The Immortal Goon
I would be fighting for the same reason our boys fought the Mexican American War, and Spanish american war, WW1, WW2 . To mantain and gain American dominance.

What's that whirling sound? Oh, that's every American that fought in the revolution and the vast majority of notable Americans in the past 150 years spinning in their graves.
By Oxymoron
Oh, that's every American that fought in the revolution and the vast majority of notable Americans in the past 150 years spinning in their graves

Not so much. under Madison we invaded Canada , under GW we put down a strike with troops, under Jackson we expelled Indians.
By PBVBROOK
Do Americans not care about the fact that 40 percents of their tax money is being spent like that ?

They might if it were true. Actually 60% goes to Social Security and other direct payment to individuals. The Defense budget is about 20% of current taxes and that is if you include retirement payments for civilians as well as servicepeople and veteran's benefits.

We are not even in the top 25 nations in defense spending as a percentage of GDP. We are third in NATO.

As for the Iranians? I like the idea of Capturing them and conducting an investigation. If that is not practical simply blow them out of the water.

Another example that Iran is being run by idiots. Maybe they want another Republican president. A serious incident will almost guarantee one.

But the war with Islam is inevitable. Why not now?
By QatzelOk
Verv wrote:...gay Moslem Communist is not so bad. I would assume the amount of compassion and friendship between these characters...

"Gay," "Moslem," and "Communist" aren't three separate characters, Verv. They are adjectives that could be used to describe the same person.

This is a problem with text versus reality. Likewise, the "Americans" on the ships, the "Iranians" on the small ships, the "international" waters... These are all adjectives that could be used to describe the same person, so it's stupid to treat them like good guys and bad guys in some cheesy Western.

Think outside the screen.
By Kapanda
Oxy, you should value your sense of patriotism more, and realise that it is unique to a few, and therefore not support it being entrenched in those that do not see things the way you do.
By Noelnada
Well when a country has a global war to fight then a draft is usualy used which I support.

Yeah i support US draft too, so nobody in the US will be able to look somewhere else while their criminal regime is murdering innocent people around the globe.

That's pretty much the only solution to wake up American people and push them to do something about this fucking disgrace.
By Rancid
so what are these war crimes anyway?
By Oxymoron
something about this fucking disgrace.

The only disgrace is the way Europe being eaten alive by the Muslim radicals.
By Rancid

QFT

like the [VIOLENT] rioting "youths" of Paris. What a disgrace to France if you ask me....
By Noelnada

QFT

like the rioting "youths" of Paris. What a disgrace to France if you ask me....

Rioting "youths" in Paris have nothing to do with radical Islam but with the poor conditions of living and opportunity provided by the French government to its third class citizens.

About the Muslim radicals, well , i haven't seen much lately, the few i met in my life where rather trying to find a meaning for their life rather than planning a terrorist act. :hmm:

On the other hand young Muslim radicals are just like the punks of the 80's, they do not believe this society has a future. And i tend to join this kind of analysis, we will have to adapt to new conditions imposed by our actions.
By Rancid
I don't believe that little (Muslim) kids with guns on the streets, shooting at police is not radical...

so much for the religion of "peace" huh?
By Noelnada
I don't believe that little (Muslim) kids with guns on the streets, shooting at police is not radical...

so much for the religion of "peace" huh?

:lol:

What shooting on the cops has to do with religion, what is the link between a teenager and religion anyway...

Take a plane ticket and go tell that to their parents Rancid.
Last edited by Noelnada on 08 Jan 2008 18:49, edited 1 time in total.
By Oxymoron
The truth is that van Ripen did something so important that I still can't believe the mainstream press hasn't made anything of it. With nothing more than a few "small boats and aircraft," van Ripen managed to sink most of the US fleet in the Persian Gulf.

That is war games not reality.

Why didnt Saddam sink any ships?

How did that strategy work for Argentina?
By Rancid
What shooting on the cops has to do with religion, what is the link between a teenager and religion anyway...

no direct link.. but the majority of those kids were Muslim.. and they were radical (i.e. shooting at cops). YOu'd figure their "peaceful" religion would teach them about doing things peacefully.
By Noelnada
no direct link.. but the majority of those kids were Muslim.. and they were radical (i.e. shooting at cops). YOu'd figure their "peaceful" religion would teach them about doing things peacefully.

No Cop was killed, more "Christian" kids kill each other in USA all year long and nobody give a shit.
Last time there was a serious riot in LA, i seen the damages by my own eyes,that was quite more serious than anything in Paris ghettos.

But i still don't understand how you can label kids, Muslims, since they are kids, and how you can do a direct link between their violence and the religion of their parents.

Were the riots in LA a proof that Christianism is really a religion of violence ?

Your logic on that issue is totally flawed...
By Oxymoron
Were the riots in LA a proof that Christianism is really a religion of violence ?

It was proof that Ghettos must be abolished.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]

@FiveofSwords is unable to provide a scientific […]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

…. the left puts on the gas pedal and the right […]

@QatzelOk DeSantis got rid of a book showing chi[…]