A New Mexico tribe speaks a language eerily similar to Japan - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Theories and happenings too odd for the main forums.
The Zuni tribe have perplexed anthropologists with their language. They speak a language that is too similar to Japanese to be coincidental. Anthropologists can't figure out why this would be the case.

Some similar words as an example. Clan in Zuni is 'kwe,' in Japanese 'kwai.' The word for priest is 'shawani' in Japanese and 'shiwani' in Zuni. Both Zuni and Japanese use the verb as the last word of a sentence, a feature only 45% of languages share. This might not seem like much, but the Zuni language is very different in this than other languages around them.

This sparked some research and scientist discovered that both Zuni and the Japanese have similar frequency of Type B blood, a rare kind of kidney disease and very specific oral traditions about their origins. The working theory is that Buddhist missionaries somehow made it to California around the 12th century somehow.

Read more at http://www.omg-facts.com/Language/A-New ... 2pKbMde.99

If this is true it would be amazing, when you think about it, it wouldn't be a long strich. As they could follow the coast line of russia to Alaska down to Canada and then to the US. But sadly there is little trust worthy links and soure's and if it wasn't because there was much better accounts and evidence of china reach Australia and even reaching Europe i would call this story BS.
The Zuni tribe have been living in northwestern New Mexico for nearly 3,000 to 4,000 years and the hypothesis about their Japanese ancestry can be disputed. But the Japanese belong to haplogroup D4e1a and haplogroups A, B, C, D and X are found in the indigenous peoples of the Americas and a close relative of a Native American lineage is D4b1a2a1a. Their cultural and linguistic similarities can be explained by the fact that the Altai region played a key role in the dispersal of humans into northern Eurasia and subsequently into the Americas.

The Altai region of southern Siberia has played a critical role in the peopling of northern Asia as an entry point into Siberia and a possible homeland for ancestral Native Americans. It has an old and rich history because humans have inhabited this area since the Paleolithic. Today, the Altai region is home to numerous Turkic-speaking ethnic groups, which have been divided into northern and southern clusters based on linguistic, cultural, and anthropological traits. To untangle Altaian genetic histories, we analyzed mtDNA and Y chromosome variation in northern and southern Altaian populations. All mtDNAs were assayed by PCR-RFLP analysis and control region sequencing, and the nonrecombining portion of the Y chromosome was scored for more than 100 biallelic markers and 17 Y-STRs. Based on these data, we noted differences in the origin and population history of Altaian ethnic groups, with northern Altaians appearing more like Yeniseian, Ugric, and Samoyedic speakers to the north, and southern Altaians having greater affinities to other Turkic speaking populations of southern Siberia and Central Asia. Moreover, high-resolution analysis of Y chromosome haplogroup Q has allowed us to reshape the phylogeny of this branch, making connections between populations of the New World and Old World more apparent and demonstrating that southern Altaians and Native Americans share a recent common ancestor. These results greatly enhance our understanding of the peopling of Siberia and the Americas.
http://europepmc.org/articles/PMC3276666/reload=0;jsessionid=Isv22mSDw88Jww2wG9Qp.4
Bounce wrote:Are you really doing a Bachelor of Arts in Australia?

Umm? Yes focusing on politics (mainly international politics) not geological society and movement early civilisations and second more theres a reasons why i posted in Conspiracy Theories and not anywhere else.

ThirdTerm wrote: The Zuni tribe have been living in northwestern New Mexico for nearly 3,000 to 4,000 years and the hypothesis about their Japanese ancestry can be disputed. But the Japanese belong to haplogroup D4e1a and haplogroups A, B, C, D and X are found in the indigenous peoples of the Americas and a close relative of a Native American lineage is D4b1a2a1a. Their cultural and linguistic similarities can be explained by the fact that the Altai region played a key role in the dispersal of humans into northern Eurasia and subsequently into the Americas.

Thank you for the great response.
The Zuni Enigma: A Native American People's Possible Japanese Connection
http://www.amazon.com/Zuni-Enigma-Ameri ... 0393322300

You can read parts of the book here.
http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr= ... se&f=false

That book is by the scientist that proposed the theory. A pretty simple genetic test would solve this but people don't seem that interested in it (probably because it isn't true).

As to the haplo group stuff posted above. You could still tell if they are from more recent genetic stock compared to the older migrations. Sharing haplo groups with Asians doesn't disprove or explain much (not saying the theory is true, it probably isn't).
Ahovking wrote:
Umm? Yes focusing on politics (mainly international politics) not geological society and movement early civilisations and second more theres a reasons why i posted in Conspiracy Theories and not anywhere else.

I'm more concerned with your ability to write. Which university?
Bounce wrote:I'm more concerned with your ability to write. Which university?

And I am concerned with whether you are contributing to this thread. What's with the trolls recently.
ThirdTerm wrote:The Zuni tribe have been living in northwestern New Mexico for nearly 3,000 to 4,000 years and the hypothesis about their Japanese ancestry can be disputed. But the Japanese belong to haplogroup D4e1a and haplogroups A, B, C, D and X are found in the indigenous peoples of the Americas and a close relative of a Native American lineage is D4b1a2a1a. Their cultural and linguistic similarities can be explained by the fact that the Altai region played a key role in the dispersal of humans into northern Eurasia and subsequently into the Americas.

Yeah, but 3000 - 4000 years is way too long and the migration period into the Americas occurred even earlier. It's very unlikely that Japanese and Zuni turned out so similar after all those years, and in complete isolation from each other. East Asian tribes populated the Americas but these same tribes gave rise to the Han Chinese, Koreans, Mongols and Siberians in addition to the Japanese, the Japanese who weren't even a separate culture until much, much later (early middle ages). I strongly suspect correlatios between Japanese and Zuni are the result of coincidence/Japanese influences in the modern era.
Some similar words as an example. Clan in Zuni is 'kwe,' in Japanese 'kwai.' The word for priest is 'shawani' in Japanese and 'shiwani' in Zuni. Both Zuni and Japanese use the verb as the last word of a sentence, a feature only 45% of languages share. This might not seem like much, but the Zuni language is very different in this than other languages around them.

I think that I need a picture of an owl.

Let's take a look at the WALS.INFO site.

Welcome to WALS Online

The World Atlas of Language Structures (WALS) is a large database of structural (phonological, grammatical, lexical) properties of languages gathered from descriptive materials (such as reference grammars) by a team of 55 authors (many of them the leading authorities on the subject).

Being an SOV language, that "only" 45% of world languages share, is the first misleading comment. Oh, not that the fact isn't true, because it is, http://wals.info/feature/83A but rather that "only 45%" makes this characteristic somehow exceptional. This 45% is the most salient word order, of all the possible combinations. Thus "only 45%" is misleading, as the other word order combinations occur fewer than 45% of the time.

Let's look at the second claim,

This might not seem like much, but the Zuni language is very different in this than other languages around them

It certainly is not in the V-Finality nature that it has...

http://wals.info/feature/83A?s=20&v1=c0 ... 75&z=5&t=m

The other languages around it are also OV, or verb-final...

Similarity in TWO lexical items is hardly evidence for common ancestry.

I think that this fact belongs with the following Ripley's Believe It Or Not fact...

"No meteor has ever hit Earth."

OH MY GOD, wow really?

Yes, really, because when it hits Earth, it's called a meteorite.
Any possible cultural and genetic links between Japan and Americas could be through the proto-Japanese people called the Ainu and a study revealed that the ancient people, who established the Moche civilisation in the Lambayeque region in Peru from about 100 AD to 800 AD, had genetic links to the modern populations of Siberia and the Ainu people of northern Japan. It's also known that "Kennewick Man", the skeletal remains of a prehistoric man found in Kennewick, is genetically closer to the Ainu than Native American tribes. The Japanese people and the Ainu share some basic vocabularies such as nouns and simple verbs just as numerous English words are derived from Old Norse, resulting from ancient admixture events between native Britons and the Vikings (e.g. ransack=rannsaka, slaughter=slahtr, sleight=slœgð, Thursday=Þorsdagr).

The first three principal components from the principal components analysis of all 52 variables account for only 39.22% of the total size-corrected variation in the data. The PCA plot (Figure 3) places the Kennewick individual as an outlier compared to full Howells data (N = 22 populations). Using the principal component scores to generate inter-individual distances (Van Vark and Schaafsma 1991), the Kennewick individual is closest to south Pacific (Moriori, Easter Island) and the Ainu of Japan. The typicality probabilities for the PC reduced data, which are the least conservative estimates of group membership, all indicate that the Kennewick cranium is not morphologically similar to any modern human population (Table 7). No modern Native American group is included as a close neighbor in the least conservative approach, which strongly suggests that they bear no morphological resemblance to the Kennewick remains. Furthermore, while the inclusion of the Ainu as a nearest group could be interpreted as a possible "Caucasoid" morphology for the Kennewick remains if one considers modern Ainu to be "Caucasoids" (see Jantz and Owsley 1997); we view this as a reflection of the southern Asian/south Pacific morphology of the Kennewick skull given that most researchers tend to associate Ainu groups with earlier population originating in southern Asia (Brace and Hunt 1990; Turner 1985, 1990).
http://www.nps.gov/archeology/kennewick/powell_rose.htm
Ahovking wrote:Umm? Yes focusing on politics (mainly international politics) not geological society and movement early civilisations and second more theres a reasons why i posted in Conspiracy Theories and not anywhere else.
Why then did you post and why am I having to ask...come now, there is little reason to make a leading declarative statement and then fail to explain yourself.

Ancient migration routs is a specialty of mine and I am just itching to respond to ThirdTerm, but you said that you wanted to focus on international politics and I do not want to be rude and derail your thread.

So, as you see it, what is the connection between the OP and international politics?
Why then did you post and why am I having to ask...come now, there is little reason to make a leading declarative statement and then fail to explain yourself.

What ?

Ancient migration routs is a specialty of mine and I am just itching to respond to ThirdTerm

Then respond and enlighten us with your specialty.

I do not want to be rude and derail your thread.

Too late.

So, as you see it, what is the connection between the OP and international politics?

Am I missing something in this thread ? Why does there have to be a connection between the OP what he studies ...
Having an SOV word order (like Japanese does) and a few words that sound like they might be Japanese does not, of course, provide for a Japanese origin.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I think future vice-president Kushner has the fact[…]

As someone that pays very close attention to Amer[…]

I (still) have a dream

...Kids don't need to drive anywhere to play with[…]

Jared Kushner is inspired by the real estate pote[…]