Opening National Parks Without Government? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The 'no government' movement.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Some have, on their own initiative, decided to attempt to open national parks on their own as a response to the Government shutdown in the US. This nothing major, but shows that people can spontaneously come together to accomplish things without government:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/201 ... park-areas

This is the anarchist response--it's ironically different from what Harry Reid said about the Republicans, i.e. that they are the anarchists. They are far from anarchists.
I presume that the reason for that is that if a paper-pusher in a third world country holds up people's permits or other shit because he isn't being paid, they'll use him to decorate a tree.

Whereas bureaucrats in the Western world are among the most protected people (protected from the consequences of their actions towards the citizens which they serve, I mean) in the world.
SecretSquirrel wrote:I presume that the reason for that is that if a paper-pusher in a third world country holds up people's permits or other shit because he isn't being paid, they'll use him to decorate a tree.

Whereas bureaucrats in the Western world are among the most protected people (protected from the consequences of their actions towards the citizens which they serve, I mean) in the world.

Bureaucrats in developing countries usually get paid below subsistence level wages to promote corruption as a means to survive. If the state stops paying wages or salary he will continue to issue permits, fines, etc. in exchange for bribes. Or spend less time in the office and more in the market (or wherever his second job is).

Cambodia is planning to institutionalise this 'service fee' so when someone gets fined $1.25 for driving a 100cc motorbike without a helmet
the cop will issue a ticket and get to keep $0.25 for himself (minus kickbacks to superiors). The police focus on enforcing laws broken by the poor such as driving overloaded vehicles whilst ignoring the shiny SUV burning a red light at double the speed limit. Always a good idea to pick on someone weaker than yourself.

@FiveofSwords Also, don't get too hung up on g[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This post was made on the 16th April two years ag[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]