3 dead in shooting near Belgian Jewish museum - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

You don't know nothing about Israel. I didn't say agents. I said employees.

The military correspondent of Haaretz says it almost openly

הירי במוזיאון בבריסל: צירוף מקרים או חיסול חשבונות?
ייתכן שקטל הישראלים שעבדו בגופים ממלכתיים לא היה פשע שנאה, אלא התנקשות מכוונת. ההשערה מתחזקת לנוכח סרטון שבו מצטייר הרוצח כמקצוען

אמיר אורן 26.05.2014 14:1757הוסף תגובה

לא היתה סיבה עניינית לכך שמדינה עוינת כמו איראן או ארגון אויב כמו חיזבאללה ינסו לפגוע בבריסל דווקא באחד משני בני־הזוג עמנואל ומירה ריבה, עובדי מדינה לשעבר. השניים היו בעלי מקצוע משותף, חשבות, שהועסקו בנפרד בגורמים ממלכתיים. לא היה להם כל קשר מהותי לנושאי הליבה של גורמים אלה; כלי העבודה שלהם היו מספרים ומחשבים, לא גלימות ופגיונות.

עמנואל הגיע ללשכת הקשר ליהודי ברית־המועצות לשעבר, ״נתיב״, ממשרד האוצר, שם התוודע לקהילת הביטחון, החוץ והמודיעין, ועמד בקשר עם צמרת הגורמים הממלכתיים. אחריו נקלטה גם מירה בגוף ממלכתי. שם, וגם כשהוצבה באחת משלוחות המשרד באירופה, היה לה תפקיד מינהלי בלבד. היא לא היתה מאטה הארי לא סילביה רפאל, לא ״סינדי״ מפרשת ואנונו. גם ב״גולני״ הרי היה הבדל מכריע בין מפקד הסיירת לבין שלם היחידה (תפקיד שבוטל פחות או יותר כשהלירות היו לשקלים), גם אם הוא פחות חשוב למי שרוצה לפגוע בחייל בחטיבת החי״ר, יהיה מי שיהיה.

ובכל זאת, ייתכן שהרצח בבריסל לא היה ״פשע שנאה״ או ״פיגוע אנטישמי״, אלא התנקשות מכוונת. השערה אפשרית זאת מתחזקת לנוכח תיעוד פעולתו של הרוצח. הוא נקלט במצלמות באופן הנראה מקצועני, כחיסול חשבונות. לא חיסול חשבים, אלא קרב במלחמה חשאית, אולי מתוך זיהוי שגוי של קרבנו המיועד.

http://www.haaretz.co.il/news/politics/ ... -1.2331977
maz wrote:It's interesting that this same kind of event, a shooting near a Jewish community center by a lone wolf anti-semite neo-nazi, happened here in the US just last month. I think three people died and the event got top billing media coverage for a week or so as these kinds of shootings.

The initial news reports were that the victims were Jews, but then it turned out that the victims were just white Christians.

maz wrote:*edit*

You post snuck in before mine

What about inter-familial squabblings? Especially how scant the details are now, and that your source suggest Israeli politicos, but other news outlets haven't released the victim's identities.

I'm reading the Telegraph, and as usual, they posit only two theories with no evidence; that Neo-Nazis whatever they are, or radical Islamists carried out the attacks at random. Well what about some other government intelligence group?

Telegraph reports that the attack only took 35 seconds and it seems like the Telegraph are rooting for the Islamic attack theory because they keep referring back to the Toulouse shootings, as if it had something to do with this event.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk:80/news/worl ... amist.html

Do you believe that posters on this forum cannot read? What happened to the victims being "just" white Christians? Far more interesting if they were Mossad agents, I guess.
noir wrote:What do you mean by inter-familial squabblings.

Crime families, gangs, intelligence agencies within Israel. Why not revenge killings from Argentina? Or Blackwater mercs? A hit ordered by the USA via the FBI, who is increasingly being used on international operations? Or a hit ordered by someone's jilted lover? Or aliens from Mars as long as we're speculating? Global warming?
http://www.haaretz.com/misc/iphone-arti ... m-1.595464

The Brussels mystery: Was shooting anti-Semitism or part of spy games?
Considering how professional the shooter looked on footage, and the fact two of those killed were former Israeli civil servants, maybe the attack was actually a battle in the covert war.

Image of the shooter taken from the video of a security camera at the Jewish museum in Brussels. / Photo by Reuters
By Amir Oren
Published 02:00 27.05.14
There was no practical reason for a hostile state like Iran or an enemy organization like Hezbollah to try and harm either Emanuel or Mira Riva – both former civil servants – at the Jewish Museum in Brussels. Both were accountants who were employed separately by government bodies. They had no substantive connection to the core issues of either Iran or Hezbollah; their tools were numbers and computers, not cloaks and daggers.

Emanuel Riva came to Nativ, the liaison office for Jews from the former Soviet Union, from the Finance Ministry, where he met members of the security and intelligence community and the foreign service, and was in contact with senior government officials. Afterward, Mira was also hired by a government agency. There, and also when she was stationed at one of the agency’s missions in Europe, her post was solely administrative.

She wasn’t Mata Hari, or Sylvia Raphael, or Cindy of the Mordechai Vanunu affair. Even in Golani, after all, there is a crucial difference between the commander of the reconnaissance force and the unit’s paymaster.

Still, it’s possible that the murder in Brussels was not a hate crime or an anti-Semitic attack, but a targeted assault. This possibility is strengthened by the video of the killer’s actions. He was caught by the cameras looking like a professional, as if this was a settling of scores. Not the assassination of accountants, but a battle in a covert war, though perhaps there was a misidentification of the intended victims.

After all, such things have happened to organizations far more sophisticated than Iran and Hezbollah – like the Mossad, for instance, in its mistaken killing of Moroccan waiter Ahmed Bushiki in Lillehammer, Norway in 1973. Bushiki apparently looked to those tracking him like the double of Black September leader Ali Hassan Salameh. At the time, Brussels was one of the way stations in the Mossad’s bloody campaign against the various PLO factions throughout Europe. Tzadok Ofir, who controlled several agents, was seriously wounded there in an ambush by an Arab source who betrayed him.

Israel has double representation in Brussels – its embassy for Belgium, and its embassy to the European Union and NATO. In recent years, Brussels has been one of the most important postings in the foreign service, second only to Washington, and some of Israel’s top diplomats – including Ephraim Halevy (before he was appointed Mossad head) – were posted there.

Senior Israeli representatives are closely guarded by the Belgian authorities. Even a short trip with them to the local Foreign Ministry is a whole security operation.

Brussels is both a very international city and a very Muslim one. The headquarters of NATO, with its 28 member states and more than a dozen partners and observers, is located in one of its suburbs.

In the downtown area lies one of the centers of the European Union (which migrates periodically to Strasbourg). Bus No. 12 from the airport, which passes the NATO command center, full of officials from Europe and North America, continues downtown to the EU offices through neighborhoods that are clearly dominated by North Africans and others, with veiled women seen in the streets, stores and restaurants.

It’s easy to hide in this Arabic-European capital with diplomatic mail and passports from various countries and its supportive environment, which conceals and whisks you away.

Databases compromised in recent years (see Edward Snowden) – both those that have been published and those that have not – included tens of thousands of names, some with similar and erroneous spellings. They are liable to help evildoers track targets, correct or mistaken, and attack them, either as part of a plan or on an improvised basis, because the victims met acquaintances or colleagues who were in the trackers’ sights.

Le couple d’Israéliens assassiné à Bruxelles travaillait-il pour le Mossad ?

Publié le : lundi 26 mai
Mots-clés : Belgique; International; Israël; Services secrets; Tuerie de Bruxelles
Commentaires : 39
Source : E&R

http://www.egaliteetreconciliation.fr/L ... 25602.html
« Une source israélienne confirme une rumeur qui a circulé dans les médias israéliens : l’un des Israéliens assassinés au musée juif de Bruxelles travaillait pour le Mossad. » C’est ce qu’affirme aujourd’hui Richard Silverstein sur son blog Tikun Olam (de sensibilité « juif libéral »).

Les deux Israéliens assassinés, Emmanuel (54 ans) et Miriam Riva (53 ans) experts comptables de profession, ont d’abord été présentés comme un couple de touristes israéliens venus de Tel-Aviv.

Or Miriam Riva officia pour le Mossad, explique aujourd’hui Richard Silverstein, qui rapporte également qu’Emmanuel Riva a travaillé pour Nativ, une agence du gouvernement israélien. Cette agence a notamment œuvré, en lien direct avec les services secrets israélien, pour l’Alya des juifs d’URSS et plus généralement pour inciter les juifs d’Europe de l’Est à opter pour une installation en Israël plutôt qu’aux États-Unis.

La chaîne de télévision Channel 10 News rapporte par ailleurs que le couple travailla six ans durant pour le « service gouvernemental » (government service) allemand. Or l’expression « service gouvernemental », en Israël, est parfois un euphémisme pour désigner les activités de renseignement.

S’il n’exclut pas définitivement qu’ils aient pu être ciblés en raison de leur appartenance aux services secrets israéliens, Richard Silverstein considère néanmoins cette hypothèse comme peu probable car aucun d’eux n’était présentement actif.

Selon Amir Oren, expert du journal Haaretz pour les questions de défense, les services de sécurité israéliens prennent cette piste en considération et enquêtent pour déterminer si le couple Riva a réellement été visé au hasard.

Musée juif: le couple serait lié au renseignement israélien selon Haaretz
BELGIQUE | lundi 26 mai 2014 à 17h24

Musée juif: le couple assassiné lié renseignement israélien selon Haaretz - ANTHONY DEHEZ - BELGA
Mots clés

Enquête, Bruxelles, Mossad
Alors que l'on suspecte l'attaque survenue au musée juif de Bruxelles d'être attentat terroriste, la question se pose aussi en Israël. Amir Oren, l’expert de Défense du quotidien israélien Haaretz, révèle que les services de sécurité d’Israël enquêtent pour savoir si la mort des deux victimes israéliennes Emmanuel et Myriam Riva est le seul fait du hasard. Selon lui, ils étaient liés aux services de renseignement israéliens.
D'après Amir Oren, ce couple aurait occupé des fonctions dans ce qu’il appelle "un service gouvernemental". Emmanuel Riva aurait travaillé dans le passé dans l’organisation native du Mossad qui s’occupait à l’époque des juifs d’Union soviétique. Il aurait ensuite été en liaison avec "des services du renseignement". Quant à son épouse, elle n’aurait eu que des fonctions administratives.

Ce qui dérange en tout cas les services de sécurité en Israël, c’est ce qui semble être le professionnalisme du tueur, visiblement bien entraîné.

Ces mêmes sources rappellent qu’il ne s’agit là que d’une hypothèse, et qu’"il n’y a pas à ce stade de raison quelconque pour penser que la tuerie du musée juif soit autre chose qu’un crime raciste et terroriste".

En Israël aussi, l’enquête se poursuit.

noir wrote:http://www.haaretz.com/misc/iphone-article/.premium-1.595464
The Brussels mystery: Was shooting anti-Semitism or part of spy games?
Considering how professional the shooter looked on footage, and the fact two of those killed were former Israeli civil servants, maybe the attack was actually a battle in the covert war.

Oops! Looks like Western mainstream media, particularly American mainstream media isn't so interested in this story after all; charges of possible anti-semitism and/or terrorism notwithstanding...

Brussels Terror Attack and Mossad Connection

Yesterday, I broke the story that the Rivas, an Israeli couple murdered in the Brussels Jewish museum terror attack, worked for agencies with connections to Israeli intelligence. Miriam worked for the Mossad and Emanuel for Nativ, a unit that encourages aliyah from Eastern European countries (including Russia). Thanks to reader Bluebird, who discovered that the Israeli embassy website in Germany lists Miriam Riva as an “attache” who worked there since 2007. My Israeli source informed me that they were both accountants.
noir wrote:And who was the first to identify them as Mossad employees? Waton thinks he knows everything about Israel. He doesn't know anything.

Silverstein has zero proof of that beyond an unnamed source that may not even exist.

Saying that working for an embassy is equivalent to working for the Mossad is actual propaganda, however.

I know you are still butthurt after I showed to know more about some aspects of your country than yourself, though, so don't be too upset
wat0n wrote:Silverstein has zero proof of that beyond an unnamed source that may not even exist.

Saying that working for an embassy is equivalent to working for the Mossad is actual propaganda, however.

I know you are still butthurt after I showed to know more about some aspects of your country than yourself, though, so don't be too upset

Posts by "wannabes" are so funny.

wat0n...I worked in an embassy. I can tell you that most staff in them are either proper intelligence agents, or have basic intel training.
But hey...keep denying what a REAL Israeli already knows...its quite entertaining.
Buzz62 wrote::lol: Posts by "wannabes" are so funny.

I think posts by propagandists like yourself are even funnier.

Buzz62 wrote:wat0n...I worked in an embassy. I can tell you that most staff in them are either proper intelligence agents, or have basic intel training.

Yes, you worked in an embassy just like you don't deny the Holocaust.

But even assuming you did actually work for a Canadian embassy, having basic intel training doesn't mean you work for an intelligence agency. Again, there is no proof of that beyond Silverstein's claims.

Buzz62 wrote:But hey...keep denying what a REAL Israeli already knows...its quite entertaining.

His sources are a blog written in English by a non-Israeli like myself and his own speculation
It was the Jewish/Crusader conspiracy that brought about their deaths. Some fools in Tehran know all about it and will reassure the Iranian people that bestiality is legal in Belgium and the recent earthquake was Satan's servant in west Jerusalem's responsibility.....
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Well decades after we are still here. So for all […]

I'm not American. Politics is power relations be[…]

@FiveofSwords If you want to dump some random […]

…. I don't know who in their right mind would be[…]