Stir caused by recent fire in Germany - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Far-Right Sage
Yes, I understand. For you, sometimes, It is quite justifiable to set fire on peoples flesh.

Did I say that? No. I stated that I would understand the motive behind the crime if such a crime had occured - not that I would personally participate in or approve of any such action. Sometimes, people themselves create the circumstances in which they become victims.

I sincerely hope it was an accident. But, we need to wait till truth reveals itself.

Indeed - Fair enough.

Well, we have European involvement in numerous Turkish internal affairs and I can say their involvement sometimes help

Yet why is it that Turkey often has to be dragged kicking and screaming all the way? No proud people appreciate foreign meddling, unless a state is too weak to manage it's own affairs - I don't believe that applies to Turkey, and it most certainly does not apply to Germany.

Since Germany is somehow slow and may be reluctant in tackling the fascists elements within, may be it is time for Europeans involvement in Germany. For the good of majority, of course.

Slow at tackling fascist elements?

You are losing me here. Have you ever actually been, if I may be so blunt? There is a larger Neo-Nazi movement in the United States, for God's sake.

If the case was as you described, then oops. They should have thought about it before granting citizenship and permanent working visa to millions of Turks, Greeks, Italians and Yugoslavians.

Should official policy be altered so that Turkish, Italian, Greek, and every other minority language is elevated to the status of German? This is not an international free-for-all zone.

Flourishing Kurdish culture can make me nothing but happy. Cultures get richer with amalgamation and die in quarantine.

Why do I seem to get the impression that your opinion doesn't align with the current majority sentiment in Ankara?

So speaks the Nazi sympathizer, who, by chance, happens to be originating from Germany.

Origins are irrelevant to what I have to say on the matter, and I would feel the same if this were any other state under siege. Why bring it up unless you yourself wished to make an arbitrary point about race? By stereotyping an entire people, you are no better than those who stereotype Turks as uneducated savages, which we both know is not true.

If this event appears to be another fascist assault as it happened before, I must have a bit of justification for drawing analogies between people torched in concentration camps and people torched in their houses by the members of the very same nation.

If a man beats another man to death with a whip in the United States, parallels should be drawn to the 200 year-old institution of slavery? What you're putting forth is inappropriate and serves only to inflame. This has nothing to do with Nazis or death camps, so leave it in the history book, champ.
By Doomhammer
Why do I seem to get the impression that your opinion doesn't align with the current majority sentiment in Ankara?

You know, Kurds aren't Martians. Their religion is a bit different (which shouldn't be an issue and it really isn't), and their language is different. That is it. The majority wants them to speak Turkish (which makes sense) and that is all. A good comprimise where they get to speak their own language in daily life but use Turkish in professional or academic life would probably be welcomed by most (the notable exception being the fascists which Anothroskon and Noemon frequently mention).
By droodle
The problem in this discussion is that there is no clear definition of integration or assimilation. Both terms are used in order to refer to adaption of one group to another - it is just the extent to which they adapt that differs. Some issues regarding this discussion that have emerged in The Netherlands during the past few years (just to show that the problem is more nuanced)

* Should immigrants learn the language before immigrating to The Netherlands or upon arrival? Who should pay for the costs? Should they talk dutch in public?
* Should these immigrants also pass an exam on dutch culture and laws? What exactly is dutch culture, and is it testable?
* Should immigrants be allowed to wear headscarves, or niaabs? Should police officers be allowed to wear them?
* Should cities allow or even promote the building of mosques? Should islamic religious leaders have enjoyed a dutch education?
* Should writers write whatever they want, even if it offends a large group of people or could lead to rising public tensions between immigrant and autochtonous citizens? (for example, Theo van Gogh)
* Should museum directors refuse art which may offend immigrants?

to name a few.

Of course, everyone does agree that immigrants should learn the language. Of course, they should be able to maintain their local cuisine; those are not issues. The problem is: exactly what part of Turkishness should immigrants give up, and which part are they allowed to keep?
By Cid
I am glad about this news for two reasons:
Firstly Erdogan showed Merkel her respective place, her administration like many other administrations in the past have been known to be actively interfering in Turkish domestic legal and political affairs like this one:
http://www.turkishdailynews.com.tr/arti ... wsid=91574

Secondly it has harmed the favouring predisposition among the European establishment towards the AKP and Erdogan, who they thought would support them in converting the Turkish communities in Europe into German Muslims, Dutch Muslims, etc.

That being said, Merkel shoudn't make such a commotion about the German-Turkish communities. I understand that they have established parallel communities in Germany which creates worries about integration, but in the end it will diminish and find its respective place. Just like the Italian-Americans had parallel communities and the seperation diminished over time, leading to a more harmonized existence of the Italian-Americans. It takes time and Merkel should understand it instead of bitching about assimilation which will only create more resentment to the process.
By Annatar
[Admin edit: Do not violate Forum Rules n°2 and 3. Yellow card issued.]
By Rbns
It's time for Germany to give aid to the PKK as Kurdish integration in Turkey is obviously a crime against humanity.

Erdogan is a moron if he thinks anyone with half a brain cares what he wants. Turkey is a miserable country of herdsmen and looters. Its population is as dumb as it is lazy and therefore impossible to integrate in any modern society. Every single Turk who is not willing to assimilate in Germany should be send back to Anatolia where he belongs.

Electricity thieving Turks became victims of their own clumsiness, big fucking deal. The Turkish victim complex shows its ugly face once again. Just because some Turkish thieves died in a fire, it doesn't mean that the evil Germans are out to get the poor victimised Turks.

I never read the rules of this forum, but I bet this post is a clear violation.
By Vanasalus
Nope, Merkel used the word "assimilation" before. I quite vividly remember it. And I can search for the link if you wish.

Please do.

Sorry, I could not locate it yet.

That being said, Merkel shoudn't make such a commotion about the German-Turkish communities. I understand that they have established parallel communities in Germany which creates worries about integration, but in the end it will diminish and find its respective place. Just like the Italian-Americans had parallel communities and the seperation diminished over time, leading to a more harmonized existence of the Italian-Americans. It takes time and Merkel should understand it instead of bitching about assimilation which will only create more resentment to the process.

Pricesely. These things spontaneously happen at an appropoate juncture. No government should have the tendecy to change it with force and/or pseudo/forece.

What makes Merkel say "The notion of multiculturalism has fallen apart" or "Anyone coming here must respect our constitution and tolerate our Western and Christian roots". hat are the standards of measuring toleration of Christian roots.
By Nets
Annatar wrote:It's time for Germany to give aid to the PKK as Kurdish integration in Turkey is obviously a crime against humanity.

Erdogan is a moron if he thinks anyone with half a brain cares what he wants. Turkey is a miserable country of herdsmen and looters. Its population is as dumb as it is lazy and therefore impossible to integrate in any modern society. Every single Turk who is not willing to assimilate in Germany should be send back to Anatolia where he belongs.

Electricity thieving Turks became victims of their own clumsiness, big fucking deal. The Turkish victim complex shows its ugly face once again. Just because some Turkish thieves died in a fire, it doesn't mean that the evil Germans are out to get the poor victimised Turks.

Whoa. Chill out Annatar. I like Turkey and Turks. Collectively, they are the best face Islam puts out to the rest of the world.

Annatar, there are good Turks and bad Turks, just like anywhere else.

I think you make several good points about host-country integration, but framing it in bigoted language negates these.
Last edited by Nets on 13 Feb 2008 17:16, edited 1 time in total.
By Annatar
Annatar, there are good Turks and bad Turks, just like anywhere else.

Obviously. However, in my experience(and the experience of most Germans) Turks tend to be on the bad side far more often than on the good side.

[Admin edit: Cut for violation of rule n°3. Do not do it again.]
By Doomhammer
Collectively, they are the best face Islam puts out to the rest of the world.

Sigh.

You found a republic, you try to modernize and do eveything imaginable to reject religion and lo... here we are. :|

Obviously. However, in my experience(and the experience of most Germans) Turks tend to be on the bad side far more often than on the good side.

Annatar
Idealogy: National Conservatism

Figures.
:lol:
It would because you probably pay attention to the bad more than the good. I know this because... well most people do it. Yeah. Human nature. We love to externalize everything and we love to see only what we are ready to believe.

large amounts of them also disrespect the law, refuse to work, terrorise the population and foment hate for Germans.

I'm this - - close to saying something which people will condemn me for under Godwin's law.

In anycase, didn't your dear old Max Weber write the same stuff about the poor drunken lazy Catholics?

This goes for most Muslims in Germany but Turks also adhere to an extremely perverse form of nationalism which leads their leader to come to Germany with a disgusting claim to power.

Narcissism. Yeah. Uniquely Turkish thing.

For quite some time I thought that the Turks in Germany simply are a bad example because we let the Islamist Turks in and not the secular ones.

How do you expect many rural Turks to integrate to German society when they failed to integrate into the urbanized society in Turkey?

This recent diplomatic row and the reports by the Turkish media did however show that it's the vast majority of Turks who are backward lunatics and not only the ones in Germany.

I regret asking, but how?

If the USA had to put up with the same shit as Germany does, you wouldn't be particularly fond of Turkey and Turks either.

The next time German does away with its minorities and looses yet another war, I hope its leaders will have enough common sense and prudence to not invite so many workers from so many different places again.

It's time for Germany to give aid to the PKK as Kurdish integration in Turkey is obviously a crime against humanity.

You already are. Get with the program.

Erdogan is a moron if he thinks anyone with half a brain cares what he wants.

You just made a comment that will redeem yourself. :up:

Turkey is a miserable country of herdsmen and looters.Its population is as dumb as it is lazy and therefore impossible to integrate in any modern society.

Wow. Even the resident Greeks here are more politically correct when speaking about Turkey.

Electricity thieving Turks became victims of their own clumsiness

So that's what happened then?
By Rbns
Doom, please kindly change the topic of this thread.
By Annatar
In anycase, didn't your dear old Max Weber write the same stuff about the poor drunken lazy Catholics?

What max Weber did write is completely irrelevant to the case at hand. His research was neither confirmed by public opinion nor statistics, while the failure of Turks to integrate themselves is well-known.

How do you expect many rural Turks to integrate to German society when they failed to integrate into the urbanized society in Turkey?

I expect them to behave like good guests because that's what they currently are. If they are unable/refuse to do so they should go home.

I regret asking, but how?

If the Turkish media reports immediately that Nazis burned the house down even though the investigation into the causes of the fire had not even started, it shows the hatred Turks have for Germans, does it not?

I hope its leaders will have enough common sense and prudence to not invite so many workers from so many different places again.

Germany invited relatively few Turkish workers.

Here's the number of Turks living in Germany from 1961 onward:
# 1961: 6.800
# 1971: 652.000
# 1981: 1.546.000
# 1991: 1.780.000
# 1998: 2.110.000
# 1999: 2.054.000
# 2001: 1.998.534
# 2004: 1.764.318
# 2006: 1.738.831

Strangely enough the Italian, Yugoslavian and Greek workers Germany hired integrated themselves into German society. Only the Turks failed to do so.

You already are. Get with the program.

Great news then. :)

So that's what happened then?

According to the latest reports, it's the most likely theory.
By Doomhammer
Doom, please kindly change the topic of this thread.

Buzz kill. ;)

Germany invited relatively few Turkish workers.

Yes. And most stayed there. Natural increase coupled with regular immigration (which you could have halted if you wanted to) produces this.

Strangely enough the Italian, Yugoslavian and Greek workers Germany hired integrated themselves into German society.

They are all model German citizens then? Well, congratulations then.

Great news then.

We must increase our efforts to colonize your puny countries post-haste.

According to the latest reports

O'rly?

it's the most likely theory.

It probably is.
By Rbns
Annatar wrote:If the Turkish media reports immediately that Nazis burned the house down even though the investigation into the causes of the fire had not even started

What? I thought the fire was caused by the malfunction of electricity and that the people who lost their lives, including children, were thieves?
By Annatar
Yes. And most stayed there. Natural increase coupled with regular immigration (which you could have halted if you wanted to) produces this.

And if Germany tries to stop immigration, Turks complain because their import-wives have to learn 400 words of German.
After all forced marriage is a wonderful thing and integral part of Turkish culture. Who is the Federal Republic of Germany to insult Turkishness?
It would obviously be discrimination towards the Turkish population if Germany prevented Turks from acting out their great traditions such as honor killings and forced marriage. After all assimilation is a crime against humanity.

They are all model German citizens then?

Yes, the majority of them are.

O'rly?

Not according to the Turkish media of course. Your media cares more for showing German flags with swastikas in them than for the findings of the investigators.

What? I thought the fire was caused by the malfunction of electricity and that the people who lost their lives, including children, were thieves?

When the Turkish media started their slanderous campaign against the German people, investigation into the cause of the fire hadn't even occured. Now we know more about the case and the evidence is pointing in the direction of electricity theft by the residents of the house as the cause of the fire which makes the residents thieves.
By Doomhammer
Not according to the Turkish media of course. Your media cares more for showing German flags with swastikas in them than for the findings of the investigators.

When the Turkish media started their slanderous campaign against the German people

Annatar, stop being a pity whore. I don't think the Turkish media even needs to dehumanize Germans while German stereotypes pervade all across the world.

the findings of the investigators.

It'll probably be published once an official explanation is found. You yourself have said that is only a theory.

After all forced marriage is a wonderful thing and integral part of Turkish culture.

prevented Turks from acting out their great traditions such as honor killings and forced marriage.

Wonderful. You have figured it all out.
Those are all customary law here. Really. :roll: Go do some research and stop bleeting out your ignorant notions on culture. You are saying that the Turkish media is altering facts but frankly your grasp of "culture" and "history" reflect typical right-wing propaganda (I don't like to over-generalize people, but you attitude must clearly be reciprocated).

Yes, the majority of them are.

Good.
By Vanasalus
Every single Turk who is not willing to assimilate in Germany should be send back to Anatolia where he belongs.

Why are you so obsessed with assimilation anyway? What danger can one think of if someone chooses to retain his/her cultural heritage in his/her adopted country?

Why is this a problem for Germans, but apparently not for Americans or for Brits?

Do you think foreign cultures constitute a threat for your “superior” culture or “unique” way of life?

And if Germany tries to stop immigration, Turks complain because their import-wives have to learn 400 words of German.
After all forced marriage is a wonderful thing and integral part of Turkish culture. Who is the Federal Republic of Germany to insult Turkishness?
It would obviously be discrimination towards the Turkish population if Germany prevented Turks from acting out their great traditions such as honor killings and forced marriage. After all assimilation is a crime against humanity.

Nothing but ludicrous hypocrisy... If a blonde German with blue eyes go and marry a foreign girl, who knows not a single word of German, it is OK. But, a darker German with brown eyes cannot do the same thing, since his grandfather was born in Turkey.

If this is not a fascist discriminatory policy, I do not know what it is.
By Annatar
I don't think the Turkish media even needs to dehumanize Germans while German stereotypes pervade all across the world.

There has not been a single state except Turkey whose media spread anti-German propaganda in recent times. There was conflict with Poland a while back but the Polish media at least had the courtesy not to put the entire German population under general suspicion.

Those are all customary law here. Really.

These are acts which the Turkish state has yet to combat effectively.

Go do some research and stop bleeting out your ignorant notions on culture.

As much as laical propaganda your government spouts, Turkey has always been an Islamic state at heart. Atatürk was a good man but not even his efforts were enough to rid Turkey of Islamic practises such as honor killings and forced marriage. Especially such regions as Anatolia where most of the Turks in Germany originate from are ridden with support for Islamic laws.

What danger can one think of if someone chooses to retain his/her cultural heritage in his/her adopted country?

Because it splits the population into groups. Except Germans, there will be Turkish Germans, Polish Germans, Spanish Germans etc. instead of Germans. Assimilation worked well in the German Empire, I don't see why it shouldn't work now.

Why is this a problem for Germans, but apparently not for Americans or for Brits?

Because Germans haven't sold themselves out to the illusion of a beneficial multicultural society.

Do you think foreign cultures constitute a threat for your “superior” culture or “unique” way of life?

Certain parts do, others don't. Turkish music and cuisine don't threaten Germany's culture, Turkish nationalism does.

If this is not a fascist discriminatory policy, I do not know what it is.

It's a measure to prevent Turkish overpopulation in Germany, accelerate integration and a blow to forced marriage and misogynistic Islamic culture.

Fascism has nothing to do with a selective immigration policy.
Last edited by Annatar on 13 Feb 2008 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
By Rbns
As much as laical propaganda your government spouts, Turkey has always been an Islamic state at heart.

Really? How is Turkish state Islamic? And how does the current government spout laical propaganda?
By Annatar
Really? How is Turkish state Islamic?

The Turkish people and their values are deeply rooted in Islam. If you honestly believe that the majority of Turks doesn't follow Islamic teachings, you are fooling yourself.

And how does the current government spout laical propaganda?

The current government is still claiming to uphold the laical values of Atatürk while turning Turkey into an Islamic state.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oex20hQeQp4 No, […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhTHsvuKa4s

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O