Ending Imperialism - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By layman
Morality is irrational and not objective. I do not make moral arguments.

Fair point.

The problem is other people do. It is also a political question in this day and age. Not a legal one. I don't know the legal strength of your argument so I will assume it is sound.

No American politician or judge could actually enforce it though I expect. The implications are just too great.

Ps nothing is impossible though. It will be a long term project though so I would guess the priority is to keep the struggle, unity and identity of the people intact as America sets and changes.
Last edited by layman on 22 May 2015 18:17, edited 1 time in total.
And your edit is quite correct. If change is going to happen, it will probably happen in later generations, thus the current task is to lay the groundwork for such a change.
By layman
You will probably hate the example but the Jews played the long game rather well it seems.

I expect north Americans will be more hostile to the idea than I am for obvious reasons. No one can predict multiple generations ahead though. It would be actually arrogant to write you off. I think I did in a previous thread on the same topic but I I have charged my mind.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]