Do you think Obama will be assassinated if he gets elected? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Will Obama be assassinated if he gets elected?

Yes
23%
No
72%
Other
6%
Do you think Obama will be assassinated if he gets elected? I think there's a possibility that he will, because of his skin colour.
By Todd D.
No. There are just as many people (if not more) that despise Bush, yet he hasn't been assassinated.
By Mazhi
But the people who despise Bush aren't the kind of folks who go and assassinate people. It's usually the progressive leftists who get assassinated.
By The Immortal Goon
I doubt he would get assassinated though, of course, it's always possible.

The big factor is largely that the people that would be most likely to do that now are either cowards with so little clout that it would be unthinkably unattainable, and really old men who probably couldn't physically do it - and also have little clout.

Though a lot of the south (because let's be honest, that's where who're talking about) is stuck in the past, it doesn't equate to racism against blacks as much as it used to anymore. Largely, it's directed at Mexicans now. I think the comparable view to racists of the last generation might be a Catholic Mexican that spoke English poorly becoming president.

I could be wrong though. The Americans I'm in touch with are about the least racist people I've ever met.
By Annatar

No. There are just as many people (if not more) that despise Bush, yet he hasn't been assassinated.

Maybe those people are just smart enough to realise that Bush is a fairly decent guy compared to Dick Cheney. :hmm:

On topic:

I don't believe Obama would be assassinated as he isn't the radical reformer some people claim him to be. Furthermore the Secret Service seems quite capable of guarding the President.
By W01f
He has a more likely chance than anyone else who's run for president in my lifetime. I know there are some pretty fucked up racists out there who just couldn't handle "being ruled by a black man". Stupid and radical, a perfect combination.

I wouldn't be surprised, though I doubt it'll happen.
By Nets
Mazhi wrote:Will Obama be assassinated if he gets elected?

No. Is it a possibility?; yes of course. Likely? No.

Mazhi wrote:But the people who despise Bush aren't the kind of folks who go and assassinate people. It's usually the progressive leftists who get assassinated.

See:

Progressive Leftists do a fair bit of assassinating as well. Except they call it a "purge".
By MatthewJ
Yes, a confident yes. This is an integral part of Russia's plan to destabilize the United States before future conflict.
By Potemkin
Alright, who opened MatthewJ's cage again? Didn't I tell you to keep it locked at all times? :roll:
By Thunderhawk
If Jesse Jackson was elected president, I could see someone trying to assasinate him.

Obama however does not convey the message that he is a "black" leader fighting for black rights and playing the race card. He conveys the idea that he is a likable leader who happens to have darker skin. If Obama is elected president Im sure there would be plenty of people who, soley based on his skin colour, would be neutral to happy if Obama was assasinated. I suspect however that few would actually assist, condone or commit such an act against Obama.
By stalker
Well there are lots of White Power folks who might well try. He has certainly has a greater chance of being assassinated than McCain or Clinton, but it's still quite unlikely.
By Galoredk
I have had that exact thought. I think there are several reasons to assasinate him. He opposes the war, thus Halliburton and the military industrial complex. He wants free healthcare and thus is an enemy of health insurance companies.

He is is opposing the very idea of lobbyism and thus many many others would like him dead.

I would not be surprised if he was assasinated, even though I am sure Americans would believe it was the terrorists who did it. You gullable Americans. I will chuckle when the headlines roll over my tv screen: Obama shot by Islamist terrorists! We have the confession video right here, found randomly in an abandoned house in Afghanistan!

;)
By MatthewJ
Alright, who opened MatthewJ's cage again? Didn't I tell you to keep it locked at all times?

Hypothetically, if this were to happen, you know what the aftermath would be, especially if it were after he were elected but before inauguration? No government, social unrest and chaos.

The fact that he is a fallen Muslim gives perfect plausible deniability to our enemies. Or of course the GRU could use the white supremacist false flag, plenty of malcontents there. Obama being elected invites an attack on the United States whether false flag or genuine, non Soviet recruited extremists.
By Abood
Other.

I think if he is going to be assassinated, it's going to be from the inside rather than the outside. He could get on the nerves of some corporations and their lackey politicians. However, an assassination of a US president by an average fellow is highly unlikely. Have you seen the level of the damned security they have?
By Zagadka
I saw a pieceo f footage from the Texas campaigns... Obama was about 20 yards away from the crowd, there were 2 SS (?) agents on either side, and 2 more every 10 yards further out. He had more security than Reagan did as President. Well, so far, anyway.
By ingliz
Inside job if he doesn't buckle down to the Washington way of doing politics.
By Oxymoron

Inside job if he doesn't buckle down to the Washington way of doing politics.

More likely a disallusioned supporter, who realises that Obama is just a politician who was pandering to his base just like G Bush I "Read my lips no new tax's"
By Todd D.
Inside job if he doesn't buckle down to the Washington way of doing politics

Just like how they killed Carter?

If he doesn't "buckle down" and play ball the way the good ole boys want him to, he won't get anything done, but they won't kill him. There's no reason to.
By KurtFF8
It's usually the progressive leftists who get assassinated.

Obama should be fine then, since he isn't a progressive leftist.

Also, not only has security been improved for President's since Kennedy (I'm assuming at least) but the amount of people who would be so angry that they would do something like that is likely much less than in times like the 60s. The country just isn't in the crazy state it was in then (Although at this rate.. but lets hope that doesn't happen)

I'm surprised to see the genocide supporters (lik[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong???[…]

Sure, but they are too stupid to understand, Trum[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is the issue. It is not changing. https://y[…]