Trump calls it like it is; the establishment can't take it - Page 163 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I don't understand anything that you wrote there. It is hocus-pocus and black magic to me. Why should I trust it? This is a serious question because if the elites cannot communicate the essence of their authority to the maltitudes, then the elites themselves have become bond-slaves.

What you don't understand is that this election is also a metaphysical and spiritual battle. It isn't all about economic reductionism.
Trump clearly demonstrated (I wanted to use "showed" first, but it rather was a demonstration) in Scotland that the only things he has in mind are his business and his family interests, so he would care about the American people's and the country's interests only if they were his own business or family. I wonder whether how that was supposed to help his presidential campaign. Was it really a part of his presidential campaign or just a stunt for the Trump Organization?

Anyway, make the Trump Organization and his owner great or even greater again! :lol:
Is this some sort of Clinton campaign strategy to counteract the Clinton Cash narrative? :eh:

Sterling goes down and Trump says it's good for Turnberry...yeah? And? :?:

As far as Sterling goes it's at the same level now it was one month ago...snooze. This has to be the first time I've ever seen liberals discuss currencies in such earnest. :lol:

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=GBPU ... teractive#{%22range%22:%223mo%22,%22allowChartStacking%22:true}
Dave wrote:Is this some sort of Clinton campaign strategy to counteract the Clinton Cash narrative? :eh:

Don't you think they were pretty prepared when Trump mentioned the woman card? :eh:

Trump just demonstrated who he really is: a billionaire patriarch and businessman, who only cares about his family and business (family business), running for presidency.
Like Zagadka, you would never have supported Trump anyway. Trump is a nationalist, which you oppose.

Trump has lost a lot of business deals ever since he declared. There were the early sponsorship deal cancellations from Univision and NASCAR, there was the loss of the PGA championship, his tie collection (which is actually quite good unlike, say, his steaks) was thrown out of Macy's, and I've even heard claims that booking rates for Trump hotels are down.

The campaign itself is quite expensive and he's already spent at least $50m of his own money on it.

If he loses the election he will never be able to return to his old life. And if he wins, Federal laws about conflict of interest will apply. Given that we know what he owns, it will be easy to scrutinize his actions as well.

The idea that he's in it for financial gain is preposterous, and when people like you and Zagadka twist an obviously factual statement to claim that it's quite proper to call your motives into question.

If you wish to say he's in it because of egomania, that's a claim I wouldn't challenge.
For the people who mocked Donald Trump for not giving his opinion on the Brexit...

The prime minister of Canada (a Trudeau boy) went on air to say "Stronger together" with a smirk on his face, and then went on to talk about CETA - a free trade deal he's been pitching from behind the colorful McDonald's counter.

A lot of Western leaders made fools of themselves by pitching their masters' self-interest (global corporations that want to hollow out Europe and the rest of the world). Trump talked about Scotland and business connections.

This doesn't make him an idiot (though other things may).

In fact, mass media and the Western political-class have been exposed as idiots by being rejected by the masses they think they own.
Dave wrote:Doesn't that suggest that this idiotic campaign can also succeed in winning a national election?

You know, since so many of us American voters are idiots and all. :eh:

No, because the majority of ordinary voters are concerned or even scared by Trump rather than convinced or inspired, in the swing states especially.
Dave wrote:Do you think the people who lost their jobs to foreign trade in rustbelt states like Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania are concerned and scared by Trump?

I'm sure that many people are not concerned or scared by Trump, but the most of independent or swinging voters won't vote for him. Furthermore, they will vote for Hillary, or any other establishment candidate, in order to prevent his presidency.
Dave wrote:The idea that he's in it for financial gain is preposterous, and when people like you and Zagadka twist an obviously factual statement to claim that it's quite proper to call your motives into question.

You can download the Excel sheet Derek pulled the data from here (operating expenditures under Disbursements). Now, personally, I don't think it's just about the money. I think Trump could legitimately be a diagnosable narcissist.

Dave wrote:The campaign itself is quite expensive and he's already spent at least $50m of his own money on it.

That money was originally a loan, which he has only recently forgiven after realizing his campaign is broke and nobody wants their donation to repay Trump's loan to himself that was spent on Trump products and business services.

But lol @ everyone who believes in the completely normal looking man with a reputable business history of honest dealings and his consistent, well thought out positions.

You fell for an orange con man, lol.
Beren wrote:No, because the majority of ordinary voters are concerned or even scared by Trump rather than convinced or inspired, in the swing states especially.

Hopefully voters with brains have not yet checked in ............. although this cannot be counted upon. I just hope that a man who worships money and has gotten a big pile of it by fucking others does not get to be president on the basis of "Make America Great Again" which is undoubtedly one of the most meaningless crocs of shit to come down the pike in some time. Trump is clearly a genius of a con man who just may pull it off aided by the timing of arriving on the stage at an uncertain time when millions are moving too and fro around the globe in desperation to feed themselves and escape the fruits sowed by years of profiteering arms merchants.
jimjam wrote:Hopefully voters with brains have not yet checked in ............. although this cannot be counted upon. I just hope that a man who worships money and has gotten a big pile of it by fucking others does not get to be president

His campaign will be a failure of epic proportions, it might even collapse when those voters check in. Not because he couldn't do better, I'm sure he could. I'm also sure he's a highly intelligent person, he couldn't play Cipolla otherwise. However, unlike Italy in Mussolini's time, America is not ready for fascism.

Yeah, I'm in Maine. I have met Jimjam, but haven'[…]

No, you can't make that call without seeing the ev[…]

The people in the Synagogue, at Charlottesville, […]

@Deutschmania Not if the 70% are American and[…]