Corbyn out? 'Half' of Labour top team set to resign - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Potemkin wrote:By calling the referendum and then losing it, Cameron managed to break the political system in Britain, has possibly broken the UK as a union and has even possibly broken the entire EU. It's awe-inspiring. :eek: :D
The funny thing about it, I judge him as actually a decent blocke. As you said in an another post, he is a well meaning Victorian gentleman. Which makes this all the more funny.

Honestly I like Camaroon personally, I believe he was just living in a wrong time in a wrong place. He was working from a system that is hard to manage and where you have to be a shark these days, yet he intended to do good and that is why it all got screwed up in the end lol. Perhaps if he worked in a better system his career would have been a better success.

But yet again, maybe in the longrun we will be all thanking him for this. He did unintentionally and by circumstances of his actions give the liberal visionaries and business elite a good shake up. Which they all deserve and need. He also gave the British people a voice to an issue that is very decisive for their historic proceeding.

More Colbert humour to ease from serious talk when in need.
Apparently, CORBYN 'taunted' CAMERON on his remaining 2 months in office & Cameron responded by telling Corbyn to go.
Were I Corbyn , I would have responded with, " I am a gentleman, after you 'sir".

I would also have added in my response, " I sir, am NOT a quitter".

Maybe Corbyn's 'problem' is, he plays the 'nice' guy, in politics, that is no good, you have to kick the opposition when they are down.
Another thing that bothers me about the guy is that he doesn't 'project' himself as a 'leader' to the public.

I have never, ever voted Labour, never will, because they have treacherously betrayed\abandoned the working class, even worse, they have 'airbrushed the working class out of that Party's political\rhetorical narrative.

To me, that's criminally stupid, although it proves my thinking that 'Labour' ONLY ever used the 'working class' as voting 'fodder', that's as true under Corbyn as under BLAIR,BROWN & all the other CLOWNS that have led that party.

Lastly, to my mind, a party that is afraid to state it's future policies to the public years before an election, is a party going nowhere, as MILLIBAND proved.

MILLIBAND was the 'Lazuli' of Labour's 'Meerkat Manor', whereas Corbyn is 'whiskers', they are mere lookouts of the political landscape, at the first sniff of political trouble they scurry down into their bunkers.

Had Corbyn got the balls, he would put Cameron down without hesitation, instead he sits on his little 'high horse' playing Mr 'Goodie' & all that untermenschen.
I think Corbyn could win an election but it is a very slim chance

Not a chance in hell. He is out of touch with both his old school base (mainly on migration) and the more modern labour bunch. Thats not even to mention all the tory, UKIP and SNP voters.

his cowardice during the referendum

Yes although he had limited options. Hard to support a leave vote when 90% of your MP's want to stay. I guess he chose the covert option.

This is why there has to be a split between the old and the new. When you disagree on such fundamental things as trident, ireland, capitalism and europe what the point on being on the same team?
A year ago I would have agreed but now I think the schism between politics and the electorate seems to be greater than imagined, although he may have missed his chance with the Brexit.

No, the world seems like it has turned upside down but peoples positions actually havnt. At least not in the past few years.

People voted for the Tories partly because the Toriesare more anti EU and more anti migrant than labour are. This is the same reason they voted to leave the EU.

Even if corbyn could suddenly evict all the prod eu mp's and stand on an authentic anti-eu platform, he is still very pro migrant and his new mp's/base are very lefty-liberal. This 'liberal elite' are very much hated by the old labour base.

There simply arnt enough labour bodies like him to build a government. He might as well just lead the SWP if he wants that ticket.

Also, he lacks the personality and charisma. Same as ed.
Potemkin wrote:Do you actually think that Labour will win an election with a Blairite as leader?

It should NEVER be forgotten, that it was 'New Labour' that LOST power in 2010 & guess the reason why??

In a word...MIGRATION, unfettered, uncontrolled, open-door MIGRATION.

Link that to 23 June 2016 & the referendum result becomes more understandable.

The rather fancilful talk by REMAIN that 'REFORM' & staying IN was the way ahead was just LIES.

Why is it a 'LIE', because Angela MERKEL says so, by saying there will be no cherry-picking in negotiations once Article 50 has been announced.
Jake-UK wrote:It seems like Labour are heading for a split at some point. They now represent two different groups of people, so it doesn't make sense for them to remain as one party.

I humbly suggest that Corbyn's opponents, if they succeed in their objectives, will NOT win a general election after losing in 2010.
Corbyn's problem is that he is too serious and humourless. I think he needs to relax and not be so puritanical about everything.

A politician must be able to transcend criticism with a good sense of humour and he must also play on the ridiculous. Sadly Corbyn is too strict.

Neither Corbyn or Livingstone have said anything controversial about Jews or Israel. All of this is nothing but typical British hysterical politics in which middle class pseudo leftists try to outdo each other through appearing to be outraged.
jessupjonesjnr87 wrote:I'd rather a serious Corbyn than someone like Boris Johnson who gets votes by acting like a posh buffoon. Waiting lists for kidney operations and military aggression are serious issues and I think the people are sick of smirking politicians laughing at their own jokes.

The problem is that his seriousness is a weakness. If he was more relaxed he would have greater popular appeal.
jessupjonesjnr87 wrote:I'd rather a serious Corbyn than someone like Boris Johnson who gets votes by acting like a posh buffoon. Waiting lists for kidney operations and military aggression are serious issues and I think the people are sick of smirking politicians laughing at their own jokes.
I do not think PI means to be arrogant, but as more so I see it the guy has the same expression all the time. This frustrated energy that seeks to liberate "the poor and fight injustice". Which is all nice. Yet to me this shows inflexibility. Which is essential to me for good leadership.
screw up labour

How has he screwed Labour?

Under Corbyn...

Referendum:

70% of Labour voters voted Remain. 80% of young voters, whom Corbyn did more than anyone else, with his social media campaign, to recruit, voted Remain.

Local elections:

Labour's vote share was up 4 per cent on the general election in key wards, with the Conservatives down by a similar amount.

Mayoral elections:

Every one, won by Labour.

London
Bristol
Liverpool
Salford

By-elections:

Every seat contested, won by Labour.

Tooting
Ogmore
Sheffield Brightside and Hillsborough
Oldham West and Royton

And

After David Cameron announced his resignation as Prime Minister on the 24th June, Labour was neck and neck with the Tories to win a GE in the polls.

24–25 June Survation/Mail on Sunday
He's too loony left, which is a great shame. I had such high hopes of him when he became leader, but that didn't last long. It's no good having high ideals if you don't get a chance to enact them.
Moreover, his half-hearted so called support for remaining in the UK was disgraceful.
Wow, he has even lost a huge amount of support from members. That is, all those crusty types who paid 3 pounds to join.

Went from +40 to +3 :lol:

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2016/06/30/la ... st-brexit/

So now he has only small majority with members and virtually no elected mp's. THe guy is a walking corpse who doesn't even have the will to resign. His chancellor is keeping him prisoner and probably his fat arsed dominatrix too.

I read the reports, but it does not even mention […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@Tainari88 no, Palestinian children don't deser[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]