Trump calls it like it is; the establishment can't take it - Page 167 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I think the US is doomed no matter who wins this election, but I think I would rather go out electing the buffoon of our American hearts, than electing a woman who requires us to take the position that corruption is both normal and acceptable. Let's at least be true to ourselves when Rome burns.
@unbalanced zealot

Hillary is mostly perceived as being a continuation of the Obama presidency. She's a known quantity. Unless you're a Fox News addled weirdo who thinks she killed Vince Foster and personally killed Ben Ghazi, you may not like her or her platform but you understand that she has a rough idea of how this whole "being president" thing works from her experience in being married to one and working as Secretary of State.

The average Republican won't be able to bring themselves to vote for Hillary. She is literally Satan to GOP members because the GOP has spent two decades demonizing her. That said, mainstream Republicans who are tuning in this early (neither candidate has had their convention or selected a VP) are mostly turned off by Trump. They're likely to either stay home or vote Johnson.

Also Trump, like Bush W., does not drink. He's actually sober all of the time, if you can believe it. Or more likely, being a 70 or so year old dude who flies home to NY every night because he hates sleeping on the road, he's popping "diet pills." One reporter has alleged that Trump shows the telltale signs of ibogaine abuse.

@Hong Wu , what is this nonsense about a $100 million dollar bribe for a Congolese mine? That is a ridiculous amount of bribe money to pay to run a mine, any mine. Even a diamond mine.
Lol that sucks. Hillary wasn't my first choice for the Dem nomination but I'd still take her over the racist orange clown.

I kinda skimmed the article but I'm not sure what the US is supposed to do when the Swedish government can't even hold that conflict diamond dude's feet to the fire when he's their citizen.

Edit: Lol, I'm watching the local news on the Fox affiliate and they did a 15 second story on a shocking poll unlike anything they'd ever seen before. Among blacks, 91% would vote for Hillary and 1% for Trump. I guess Ben Carson was in the sample group.
@ SO

What is the situation with Johnson? I can't seem to get any solid perspective on him/the Libertarian Party from online sites.

I've read that if he's in the game he's likely to take votes from both Trump and Clinton, but as a distant observer that doesn't make a lot of sense. I would have thought that if Romney gets behind him he might be seen as a meaningful protest vote for disgruntled Republicans ... but I don't see it for Democrats, maybe I'm missing something. Also, I wonder if some Republicans with an eye on 2020 might be thinking that if the US economy has a rough ride in coming years Hillary (with all her baggage and the first female president thing out the way) might be there for the taking in 4 years.
If Romney gets behind Johnson, it will be because Mormons hate Trump. And not because Trump is a religious illiterate who says "two Corinthians," but because of how he has publicly shit on Muslims.

In the 1800's there was some kind of a small war against Mormons in the middle west. I have to confess I'm not very familiar with this part of AMERICA'S history. But people viewed them as a crazy polygamist cult, and while that's still sort of true today it's something the Mormon church is actively trying to distance themselves from.

Fun fact: Utah sells liquor in state run liquor stores and all beer for sale is some ridiculously low percentage like 3.5%. Also, apparently bars have to operate like gas stations with clouded windows so you can't see the bartender. Double check these fun facts before relating them to friends.

That's why Mormons live next to a salty lake in the desert in a town called Salt Lake City. Think about that for a second, that's not the kind of place you'd start a town if you had the choice. As such, even though Mormonism and the Mormon church are mostly accepted as mainstream, even if there are jokes about how weird they are, they identify as a religious minority. So anything Trump does to another religious minority like Muslims is something they see in the, "And when they came for me nobody was left to speak up" sense.

Romney is Mormon. The governor of Utah is Mormon. Both of them hate Trump. They won't tell the people of Utah to vote for Hillary, but if they tell them to vote for Johnson they can basically cancel out the electoral votes that would typically go to a Republican presidential candidate. Those are votes a Democratic candidate wouldn't expect anyway, so it only hurts the Republican candidate and becomes a big middle finger to Trump.

Johnson and the Libertarian Party's biggest hope is that they get enough votes to qualify for federal recognition as a legitimate political party in the next election. That means they're under the umbrella of campaign laws that require them to be represented in debates or that they have to be allowed the chance to purchase airtime for campaign commercials.
That's wonderful, Donald.

*Pats Donald's head*

Of course Trump is going to get the nomination! Yes he is! Whoosa good Donal? Yousa good Donnall! You the best Donnal!! Oh yes you is!! Here, have a treat! You loves your Friskey Whiskers treats, oh yes you doooooooo!!

Thank you for sharing this article about how the RNC had to rewrite the rules to prevent a potential '68 Democratic Convention style riot as proof that Trump has everything "locked in." D+ for lazily showing us the first Google result you found for the search terms: "Trump do good?"

Your Stupid Article wrote:Anti-Trump forces have talked up rules that could let delegates vote against Trump, regardless of the primary results. But the new rule would stop any and all of those efforts with a silver bullet — freezing the 2012 rules so that no alternatives go into effect this year.

That's the art of the deal, baby!! Everyone walks away from the negotiating table pissed the fuck off, and that's how you creat build unity!
Last edited by SpecialOlympian on 01 Jul 2016 08:04, edited 1 time in total.
unbalanced zealot wrote:And in the back of uncommitted voters minds is probably the thought that while he could be a 5 there is every chance he could actually turn out to be a 1 or a 2. With the unexpected Brexit saga (starting to look as it might play out bad for the UK) being subconsciously referenced as an example of how things can (possibly) go wrong fast ... voters might evaluate that four years of a 1 out of 6 president could just about sink the US.

How big is the impact of the Brexit catastrophe on the US elections? Is this going to hurt Trump badly? I hear he is down in the polls.

I never thought that Trump had a chance, but then I never thought that they would go for Brexit. The world is turning into a very volatile place, where everything seems possible.
SpecialOlympian wrote:That's wonderful, Donald.

*Pats Donald's head*

Of course Trump is going to get the nomination! Yes he is! Whoosa good Donal? Yousa good Donnall! You the best Donnal!! Oh yes you is!! Here, have a treat! You loves your Friskey Whiskers treats, oh yes you doooooooo!!

Thank you for sharing this article about how the RNC had to rewrite the rules to prevent a potential '68 Democratic Convention style riot as proof that Trump has everything "locked in." D+ for lazily showing us the first Google result you found for the search terms: "Trump do good?"

That's the art of the deal, baby!! Everyone walks away from the negotiating table pissed the fuck off, and that's how you creat build unity!

Why are you being difficult?
Atlantis wrote:How big is the impact of the Brexit catastrophe on the US elections? Is this going to hurt Trump badly? I hear he is down in the polls.

I never thought that Trump had a chance, but then I never thought that they would go for Brexit. The world is turning into a very volatile place, where everything seems possible.

It is obvious that the grass roots movement of Native Europeans will help Trump and encourage his supporters.

BTW, do not believe in any statistics you did not forge yourself.

The establishment desperately tried to persuade the voters (via their bogus statistics and silly predictions) not to support Trump.

Some users in this thread made a fool of themselves with their predictions, but they are not embarrassed, they are going on with their predictions.

The same was the case with Brexit, BBC and the whole Establishment tried to persuade the voters that most Brits are happy with the EU, they tried hard, but they lost, because hardly anybody pays any attention to the lying lame stream media any more.
ArtAllm wrote:The same was the case with Brexit, BBC and the whole Establishment tried to persuade the voters that most Brits are happy with the EU, they tried hard, but they lost, because hardly anybody pays any attention to the lying lame stream media any more.

Whatever lies the "lying lame stream media" is producing, it is very benign in comparison to the guargantian lies spread by the populists. I have pointed out the facts for years without ever penetrating the solid shell of the Brexiteers. Only hours after the vote, the Brexiteer leaders themselves had do concede that most of their claims were total lies, exactly as I have said for years. The populists have done the deed and are now asked to step off the stage so that the Tory elite can rule, whatever there may be left of the country after the dust has settled.

Never in my life have liars been so thoroughly exposed. I think that should serve as lesson to Trump supporters.
Never in my life have liars been so thoroughly exposed. I think that should serve as lesson to Trump supporters.

The British people have always understood what kind of lying, arrogant scumbags are ruling over us. Now they have revealed themselves to the rest of the world too. I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.
Atlantis wrote:Never in my life have liars been so thoroughly exposed. I think that should serve as lesson to Trump supporters.

Exposing liars never helps, because it means exposing the people's stupidity as well. They also like being lied to. They are like women who forgive and forget anything, if you keep lying to them. As to Trump supporters, they are like women who envy other women for being lied sweet lies to them.
Atlantis wrote:Whatever lies the "lying lame stream media" is producing, it is very benign in comparison to the guargantian lies spread by the populists.

Can you be more precise? What "populist media" are you talking about?

Atlantis wrote: I have pointed out the facts for years without ever penetrating the solid shell of the Brexiteers. Only hours after the vote, the Brexiteer leaders themselves had do concede that most of their claims were total lies, exactly as I have said for years.

Can you be more precise and name the lies your are talking about?

You did not read my post carefully enough. I sai[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Increasingly, they're admitting defeat. https://tw[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Handcuffed medics, patients with medical equipment[…]

These protests are beautiful. And again..the kids […]