Munich shopping centre evacuated after reported shooting - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

The latest incident had no Islamic motives. He lured his victims (many of them with ethnic background) with free food. In fact it's very German crime. In Germany there are many bizarre crimes, sometimes involving cannibalism.

Armin Meiwes is a German man who achieved international notoriety for killing and eating a voluntary victim whom he had found via the Internet

German cannibal Armin Meiwes who ate his gay lover Bernd Brandes 'with his permission' | Daily Mail Online

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... g-him.html
Last edited by night games on 23 Jul 2016 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
Well, for one thing, it wasn't "hundreds" of asylum homes, and second, many of them were burnt down either by the owners in an attempt at insurance fraud, or by the "refugees" themselves when they were dissatisfied with their lodgings. All reported in articles in the big newspapers like Die Welt, so not hard to find if you do a google search. The "right-wing hate scene in Germany" is largely a leftist myth. Whenever we read of large scale violence in the streets, it's always left radicals, Antifa and related scum. Latest example - the fights in the Rigaer Straße in Berlin.
Donald wrote:This is purely sentimental. The reality is that Muslims and Islam more generally will never be fully assimilated into European civilization.

Yet many Muslims have assimilated.

Donald wrote:I highly doubt it is as frequent as Muslims target religious minorities in Muslim-majority societies.

So? What exactly is your point? That it's okay to discriminate and commit hate crimes against Muslims, because some Muslims do that against others?

Donald wrote:As Samuel Huffington wrote, Islam has bloody borders.

Yes, and no one, literally no one, is denying that lots of terrorist attacks are committed by radical Muslims. You are the one saying that fascists are democratic. I am refuting that by pointing out the abundance of violence and terrorism commited by fascists. What's next? Are you going to claim that radical Muslims are democratic, because Hamas won an election in Gaza? Bullshit.

Donald wrote:I am claiming that there is nothing democratic about the massive influx of migrants into Europe. When did anyone fucking vote for this? Where was the fucking plebiscite?

They voted for it in their last election. They voted for politicians who agree with the Refugee Convention, they voted for politicians who haven't stopped all Muslim immigration, they voted for politicians who don't want to throw all Muslims out. If voters actually hated Muslims as much as you, they could have voted for their local fascist party. They didn't and the majority of people in Europe still don't.

Donald wrote:Absolutely. My faith wasn't founded by a marauding caravan raider.

So? The Bible also has passages about who you should kill. In Deuteronomy it instructs you to stone people who do not believe in your God. Jesus says in Matthew that if you look at a woman with lust you are committing adultery, then he recommends that you cut off your hands and pluck your eyes out. Have you done that yet or have you never looked at a woman with lust? In Matthew also, Jesus is criticized for not washing his hands before eating, he then turns and attacks them for not killing their disobidient children. And of course, slavery is also okay with Jesus.

You choose to ignore these parts of the Bible, just like Muslims ignore parts of the Quran.

Donald wrote:Anders Breivik was a neopagan (specifically an Odinist). He identified as a "cultural Christian," which is theologically meaningless.

In his manifesto he also states that he is "100 percent Christian". Not much consistency with this Breivik guy. :hmm:

Donald wrote:Of course. You can't seriously suggest that this is impossible, can you?

I guess it could happen in theory. In the real world millions of people and their millions of friends and so on, would likely not just accept it and would fight against it.
Political Interest wrote:I agree, this does not appear to have had a political or religious motivation.

It seems he was simply mentally ill.

... who acquired guns and ammunition. Even the majority of US constitution-defending politicians would disapprove.

There is a political argument to be had following the Munich shopping centre shooting.
There is of course the gap between the opinion you have and the opinion you dare to share. Considering that people have already lost jobs for being in the AfD, I wouldn't put too much trust in those polls.
Frollein wrote:people have already lost jobs for being in the AfD

How does being in AfD affect their ability to do those jobs? Is AfD an outlawed party?
Glen wrote:... who acquired guns and ammunition. Even the majority of US constitution-defending politicians would disapprove.

There is a political argument to be had following the Munich shopping centre shooting.

There definitely needs to be stronger restrictions on the mentally ill. I am sorry to say this but I think we need to start institutionalizing more mentally ill people. Most of these mass shooters have been shown to be mentally ill. We also need to look into why there seems to be a major increase in mental illness among the youth. Is there something about modern conditions that produces all of these deranged young men?

Blaming Muslims or migrants is too easy. In the United States most of our shooters have not been Muslims or religious fanatics at all but mentally disturbed young men. The Munich shooter seems to have been mentally ill and not a Muslim jihadist.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/23/europe/ge ... -shooting/
Piccolo wrote:There definitely needs to be stronger restrictions on the mentally ill. I am sorry to say this but I think we need to start institutionalizing more mentally ill people. Most of these mass shooters have been shown to be mentally ill.

We can't even afford our physically ill, and having a psychological disorder is a much more vague determination; it will always depend on the opinion of the psychiatrist. It is just hard to nail down a diagnosis. This is why things are being handed out like candy for ADHD; people need a physical label on a nebulous set of conditions.

We also need to look into why there seems to be a major increase in mental illness among the youth. Is there something about modern conditions that produces all of these deranged young men?

No, we have an increase of *diagnoses* and *medication*.
Zagadka wrote:We can't even afford our physically ill, and having a psychological disorder is a much more vague determination; it will always depend on the opinion of the psychiatrist. It is just hard to nail down a diagnosis. This is why things are being handed out like candy for ADHD; people need a physical label on a nebulous set of conditions.

No, we have an increase of *diagnoses* and *medication*.

But what is causing such a spike in violent spree shootings? If only diagnoses have been increasing and not the number of actually mentally ill people, why are there so many of these rampage massacres now versus several decades ago? Why are there so many Millennial mass shooters versus past generations?
Piccolo wrote:But what is causing such a spike in violent spree shootings? If only diagnoses have been increasing and not the number of actually mentally ill people, why are there so many of these rampage massacres now versus several decades ago?

Probably because of domestic Islamic extremism. If you remove those attacks from the counts, there isn't much of a change.I mean, just so happening to start in the early 2000s.

One could also argue availability of guns, at least in incidences like Sandy Hook and Columbine, but that gets murky until people start yelling.
Zagadka wrote:Probably because of domestic Islamic extremism. If you remove those attacks from the counts, there isn't much of a change.I mean, just so happening to start in the early 2000s.

One could also argue availability of guns, at least in incidences like Sandy Hook and Columbine, but that gets murky until people start yelling.

At least in the United States very few of the mass shooting incidents have been linked to Islamic terrorism. I will grant that the situation seems to be different in Europe but I am not as familiar with the European situation.

There has indeed been a sharp rise in mass shootings since 2000.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/25/us/25shooters.html

This article has data going back to 1982: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... -full-data

I am sorry to be so US-centric but we surely have the worst problem with these types of shootings and the Munich incident seems to fit the US mass shooter profile more than the typical Islamic terrorist. I would hate to see Europe become like the United States where these incidents become relatively commonplace.
A German gunman likely influenced by right-wing extremists killed nine people and injured 27 more in a mass shooting on Friday.

German police said the shooter was “obsessed” with mass shootings.

Authorities also said the shooting was connected to neo-Nazi Anders Breivik.

Munich police chief Hubertus Andrae said the link between Breivik and the Munich shooting is “obvious,” the BBC reported.

The Munich shooting took place on the fifth anniversary of the massacre Breivik carried out in Norway, in which he murdered 77 civilians, the vast majority of whom were leftists at a political activism camp.

Moreover, the shooter used a photo of Breivik as the profile picture on his phone’s WhatsApp messaging service.

http://www.salon.com/2016/07/23/munich_ ... s_breivik/

The shooter was an admirer of Anders Breivik, who was obsessed with mass shootings, but had no known links to the Islamic State group. Friday marked the fifth anniversary of Breivik's attacks in Norway, when he murdered 77 people. Three victims were from Kosovo, three from Turkey and one from Greece. It's hard to guess what's going through his mind, given his own migrant background, a German national of Iranian descent.
Glen wrote:How does being in AfD affect their ability to do those jobs? Is AfD an outlawed party?

There is no legal basis to fire someone for the membership in a (legal) party unless the employer is a party or confession based organization aka church.

Piccolo wrote:There definitely needs to be stronger restrictions on the mentally ill. I am sorry to say this but I think we need to start institutionalizing more mentally ill people. Most of these mass shooters have been shown to be mentally ill.
The Glock was illegal meaning he did not legally obtain it. Which would have been impossible for him btw.

Piccolo wrote:We also need to look into why there seems to be a major increase in mental illness among the youth. Is there something about modern conditions that produces all of these deranged young men?
Of course there is. Increased stress and increased acceptance of the diagnosis in the society. In case of Germany there is additionally a huge shortage of therapists in an overaging population. :lol:
Last edited by killim on 23 Jul 2016 20:30, edited 2 times in total.

The only people creating an unsafe situation on c[…]

how 'the mismeasure of man' was totally refuted.[…]

I saw this long opinion article from The Telegraph[…]

It very much is, since it's why there's a war in t[…]