The Rise of the the New Right & decline of the Left. - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Rugoz wrote:That presumes Germany doesn't have a national identity, which is of course nonsense.

That's not really what I meant. Of course Germany has a national identity, but it's far less rigid than the national myths of the centralized countries like France and the UK. Most would agree to support their national soccer team, but even when it comes to the Nazi past, there are remarkable difference, for example, between East and West. The regions also have their national identity, which in some case can be closer to regions in neighboring countries than to other regions inside Germany. The difficulty Germans have in defining a national identity also came out during that terrible debate about the Leitkultur a few years ago.
What about the rise of the new human and the abolition of the left-right paradigm?

History works upon what has happened before, not upon what has not yet occurred.

Very good TIG, thank you for reminding me what 'HISTORY' means. I get it, you live in the past and (pre)tend to be incapable of seeing today for what it is and therefore you fail to recognize the potential of tomorrow. :roll: Fortunately for us, humans can intelligently guide today and program tomorrow. You fail to understand the function of our past, the past should teach you valuable lessons so you don't make the same erroneous judgment(s) while approaching today. You may sever our connection to our past right NOW and admit that the social-economic theories you cling to had failed to serve humanity in a positive/beneficial way. Hegel is such an outdated philosopher, his babble may be lost alongside the Napoleonic era, and like the moronic Napoleonic method of warfare it doesn't work today. Marx is an intellectual joke and belongs in some sort of amusement museum where modern man can laugh at primitive forms of social & economic theory. Any honest intellectual would realize that the material world is forged through our collective will & representation and our five senses may never thoroughly comprehend the reality of temporal relations (we shall continue to grow, change, improve, etc) because the 'rational' world is made up of symptoms which come from things you cannot perceive with your 'naked' five senses (this is why we invent tools/tech to aid our investigations).

Once again, your finite relative translation of the infinite will always be neatly packaged as one fixed perspective that you intellectually justify because humans invent purpose & role play through short lifetimes. Reactive puppetry may be one perpetual state of ignorance because deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing (Nikola Tesla). My advice: Get over yourSELF and stop allowing dead things/patterns to live here, right NOW, today, and stop hanging out with clone replicas that pat you on your back & carry on with the same failed ideas like absurd reactionary perception surrogates lost in time & space. (R)evolution is infinite. Quantum mechanics and extraterrestrial visitation (once disclosed to the public) will finally close the lid on the apoplexy which stems from our left-right paradigm. I don't have anything more to say about that. I live within the multidimensional expression we label NOW and shall try to avoid clinging to our rear-view-mirror or one absolute image because I am one SELF-aware working part of this living (always evolving) universe.

-Infinity loves you TIG
Last edited by RhetoricThug on 25 Jul 2016 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
Ummon wrote:I am hardly a member of a global elite. I am not very affluent. The point of such policy is to lower global birth rate through women's education while simultaneously creating more educated people worldwide so that we can tackle problems like climate change and solve them. That is something that is in the best interest of everyone not some particular constituency, from some particular nation, who is a member of some particular social group. It is also compassionate because it seeks to reduce global violence against people who have no advocates within their own communities like women who are living in ISIS controlled areas or the LGBT community in Jamaica.

It sounds like you want to educate people and/or increase their wealth because you expect that they will come to share your views. At the very least your attitude is paternalistic.

You are also misrepresenting, or at least greatly overstating, the conclusions we can draw from the data. This is not at all uncommon among well-educated people and it's quite likely one of the main reasons why more and more people have started to reject out of hand the opinion of (so called) experts. If you are irresponsible or outright self-serving in the use of the data or your knowledge/education, then you'll lose the trust of those without expertise in the relevant subject area.

Ummon wrote:Brexit was irrational in part because it is going to cost the UK billions in science funding and may lead to many scientists leaving the UK for greener pastures.

Is it really going to happen, Ummon? Do you actually have the knowledge to make a definite statement like this?
Of course it isn't. The UK is going to keep on sucking in Nobel Prizes like the rest of the world doesn't exist.

We've been a global centre for science for a thousand years. The EU has only been around for 25.
Cambridge was the fastest growing area of the world before we joined and it still is now we are leaving. Regimes come and go. Wars, famines, plagues. Languages, ideologies, religions. Empires all rise and fall. Cambridge just keeps on growing.
Atlantis - The nation-state is recent but what underlies it, tribalism, is eternal. It merely is a modern form of society which tries to take tribalism into account and, better still, make it serve good.

I do not believe France can assimilate so many Afro-Muslims and certainly not a majority. We will fail just as every European society has failed in this respect (including Switzerland).

On the contrary, I am equating French nationhood not with the empire (which in fact undermined our national cohesion) but with the lack of it, just prior to mass immigration, one could argue that is more-or-less the time when France achieved peaked nation-statehood.

I believe, thanks to the Internet circumventing left-plutocratic media, the Right will continue to rise. This is because, today, the Right represents two things: the interest of the traditional Western ethnic majorities (why would they reduce themselves to insecure minorityhood?) and the Truth which is individual inequality and ethnic identity. One would predict, if free speech were allowed, truths and interests suppressed by the media gatekeepers would be unleashed, and I believe that is what is happening. We're only at the beginning!
Ombrageux wrote:The percentage of leftist people who understand that open borders undermine their own stated left-wing objectives (especially "democracy," "social justice") is infinitesimally small!

Then you are actually talking about liberals and you think they are "leftists".
Senter wrote:Then you are actually talking about liberals and you think they are "leftists".

It doesn't really matter, because the percentage of "old leftists" (or true leftists if you wish) is also tiny.

And even among those there seem to be a substantial number who would advocate for open borders, as far as I can tell.

Yeah, I'm in Maine. I have met Jimjam, but haven'[…]

No, you can't make that call without seeing the ev[…]

The people in the Synagogue, at Charlottesville, […]

@Deutschmania Not if the 70% are American and[…]