Today's Republican Party EXPLAINED; How it turned into everything it use to hate. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Today's Republican Party is an absolute OXYMORON of what it use to be. Sadly, people busy working haven't noticed this since the 1920's....

How the Republican Party went from Lincoln to Trump

I was raised a Republican in a very Red state. What I have noticed is that everything my family feared about Democrats, is coming from the Republican Party/Libertarian Parties. Not from Democrats.

Imagine my surprise when my family that use to re-use everything suddenly thinks it's a bad thing to re-use things. Imagine my surprise when my family that use to believe in using wind energy for water now attacks wind energy because a black guy supports the extraction of the energy.

The Left and the Right generally sway on ideals. THE PEOPLE DONT. Yet the people sway based on politicians....
Today's news shows that the epipen has seen a 500% increase in price. Corporate Republicans see supply and demand and have no problems with the Corporations charging this much for the medicine. Corporate Republicans view profits over people. Profits over humanity.

To stay true to the OP, Yesterday's Republicans hated "suits" and knew they were only out for profits. It's sad watching today's Republicans become what they use to stand against. But it happened before, as posted.

It use to be that Democrats wanted Slaves and Republicans won the Civil war to end slavery. We can see the sales of parties shift once again in modern 'Merica.
Hillary legitimately won the votes despite the fact that some DNC staffers weren't enthused that Bernie was refusing to drop out long after he had a 0% chance of winning.

DNC? Old and busted. You know what primary process works? Letting a racist, orange conman with literally no meaningful policy positions destroy your party, alienate an entire generation of minority voters, and run such a slapdash, low-rent campaign that it fucks up your GOTV data collection for cycles to come. With a big, fat electoral landslide loss as the cherry on that shit sundae.

What do you think the general mood is at the Republican National Committee HQ? What do you think it is at DNCHQ? I don't know for sure, but I have a pretty good guess!
Divergent wrote:Today's Republican Party is an absolute OXYMORON of what it use to be. Sadly, people busy working haven't noticed this since the 1920's....

How the Republican Party went from Lincoln to Trump

I was raised a Republican in a very Red state. What I have noticed is that everything my family feared about Democrats, is coming from the Republican Party/Libertarian Parties. Not from Democrats.

Imagine my surprise when my family that use to re-use everything suddenly thinks it's a bad thing to re-use things. Imagine my surprise when my family that use to believe in using wind energy for water now attacks wind energy because a black guy supports the extraction of the energy.

The Left and the Right generally sway on ideals. THE PEOPLE DONT. Yet the people sway based on politicians....

Thanks!
America is so divided now. Things are upside down. What's going on, in that nation?
Still being at the top.. in science and military spendings, that equals the rest of the globe.
Still unbeaten in the ability to raise big money for new ideas.

But what is to be expected from our, in hindsight, truly best friends?
If a pure Demagogue, drumming for trade-war, nationalism, racism and nuclear escalation, wins the highest office,
so to say, as unpleasant spearhead of global danger,
it could easily happen, that a already existing international disgust could end in a more virulent anti-americanism.

The free world shivers now,
except, of course, Putin, Erdowan, and Chamenei.
The latter hope for Trump,
.. while the Chinese take all foreign follies with confidence.

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]

Customs is rarely nice. It's always best to pack l[…]

The more time passes, the more instances of harass[…]

And I don't blame Noam Chomsky for being a falli[…]