The Leaks Keep on Coming - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Theories and happenings too odd for the main forums.
Watergate was a thing, in part, because the media hated Nixon.

Johnson was a pretty corrupt guy - sexual molestation, electoral fraud - but he did not have problems with the media before Vietnam.
Lol yeah literally planting bugs in your opponent's campaign headquarters so you can spy on them was just the biased media picking on poor ole' Nixon.

How the fuck do you even get to the point where you think this is a cool and good thing to do and that all criticism of it is biased????
SpecialOlympian wrote:Lol yeah literally planting bugs in your opponent's campaign headquarters so you can spy on them was just the biased media picking on poor ole' Nixon.

How the fuck do you even get to the point where you think this is a cool and good thing to do and that all criticism of it is biased??

Dude he clearly said "in part", as in it was one of several reasons.

Why do you always jump to conclusions?
Selective enforcement of the law - and selective media scrutiny - is a pretty classic method for a corrupt clique to keep itself in power and to keep their opponents down.

I was just struck, many years ago, when I was reading L.B.J. biographies like the one by Doris Kearns Goodwin, when the author would casually mention that ol' B.J. would sometimes physically molest his secretary on the way out of the car (a quick squeeze, if you please) and that he'd stuffed ballots (or equivalent) in Texas politics. Also, IIRC Johnson and Kennedy both engaged in wiretapping of citizens, but I guess not of the Republican Party.

I didn't think more of it - "I guess every politician does that sort of thing" - but I'd guess if Nixon had done it we'd here a lot more about it.

A bit like the issue of pedophilia in the Catholic church, as against the Rabbinate or the homosexual community or Muslims.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Lol yeah literally planting bugs in your opponent's campaign headquarters so you can spy on them was just the biased media picking on poor ole' Nixon.

How the fuck do you even get to the point where you think this is a cool and good thing to do and that all criticism of it is biased??

Hard to see how bugging your opponent, presumably to try and get dirt on them, is worse than the things in the DNC leaks: spying on the Sanders campaign, sabotaging their delegates, using the money donated to the DNC for Hillary instead of for both candidates, making dirt up on them and feeding it to the media (why go to the trouble of finding real dirt these days?).

I'm not concern trolling, America is screwed at this point no matter who becomes President because people now accept greater-than-Watergate levels of corruption.
Lol ok, don't worry your simple heads, Trump supporters.

Yes, some emails from DNC staffers showing that they are less than enthused that Bernie wouldn't drop out of the race long after he had no chance of winning is proof that Western Civilization is over.

Pretend I posted the "Most Corrupt Person Ever" picture that Donald Trump stole from a white power Twitter and then inexplicably defended for no reason, despite nobody on his staff being responsible for its creation of existence in any way.

I can't stop laughing. My God, that was what, a month ago now? There have been so many fresh fuckups from Trump that the sheriff badge seems like forever ago.

Oh, right. You were talking about some emails. Good point, Trump has my vote now Haha
A man tries to climb into the Ecuadorian embassy in London, the next day 15,000 more Clinton emails drop. She hasn't been seen or heard from in a week. Supposedly she is fundraising. I would guess she is getting some kind of highly illegal stem cell treatment to invigorate her for the debates, enough so that she can stand the whole time.

Also, what did Harambe know and when did he know it?
The emails aren't new. The FBI has just been ordered to make them publicly available by the end of next month, rather than doing it whenever they feel like.

Nobody cares now and nobody will care then, because it's a boring, fucked to death story.
The latest conspiracy theory is that a late night show host handed Hillary an already opened jar of pickles so that she could prove she has physical strength. Donald Trump is holding a rally approximately every 48 hours and Hillary only has two or three rallies left before the first debate, the rest of the time is closed-door fundraisers. She and Obama bashed Bush quite a bit for not personally going to Louisiana during hurricane Katrina flooding, neither of them can be found in the state during recent severe flooding. But watch the video and decide for yourself if this was staged.

There's two contentions here. First one is that there was no "pop" when she opened the jar. The second contention is that there was no release of momentum, she strains for a second in a way that looks fake and then smoothly opens the jar, which looks like bad acting.

Maybe 1/10 food jars can take significant effort from a normal, healthy man to open. So what are the odds they handed Hillary a random, unopened pickle jar? I believe the whole thing was staged.
Bitchass Pickel Jar manufacturers have made them easier to open over the years anyway. Use to be you had to use hot water to expand lid or pry the lid with a jar opener.. Probably no "conspiracy", most likely just a modern pansy "easy to open" jar...
By Beren
It's ridiculous to expect the majority of American voters to prefer Trump over Clinton. Hillary could definitely be beaten, but not by Trump, regardless of the leaks and scandals.

What world do you people live in?
Beren wrote:It's ridiculous to expect the majority of American voters to prefer Trump over Clinton. Hillary could definitely be beaten, but not by Trump, regardless of the leaks and scandals.

What world do you people live in?

A world where a formerly impeached President has a shot at getting back the keys to the Whitehouse...

Didn't you guys bring in the 8 year maximum thing to stop this sort of "third term" shit from happening? If you're going to let "the family" get an effective third term what is the fucking point of the two-term rule? A vote for Hillary is basically a vote that the rule is useless and toothless so long as "your spouse runs instead the next time". Allowing the spouse to then run for president flies in the face of the purpose of your cap.
By Beren
colliric wrote:A world where a formerly impeached President has a shot at getting back the keys to the Whitehouse...

Impeached for lying about a blowjob. :roll:

He should have rather admitted he had always been a successful charmeur, then apologise.

colliric wrote:Didn't you guys bring in the 8 year maximum thing to stop this sort of "third term" shit from happening? If you're going to let "the family" get an effective third term what is the fucking point of the two-term rule? A vote for Hillary is basically a vote that the rule is useless and toothless so long as "your spouse runs instead the next time". Allowing the spouse to then run for president flies in the face of the purpose of your cap.

If the spouse gets elected by the people, what's the problem then? They should be aware she's a former president's wife, it's not a secret. I wonder if Bill is a liability here.
Most people look back on the Clinton impeachment hearings and think of it as an embarrassing waste of time. Reminding people of yet another instance of the GOP bringing the government to a complete halt doesn't engender a lot of sympathy.

Also lol that Hillary mocking Hong Wu's conspiracy theories on national television goes flying over his head and causes him to fall into further /pol/ speculation. Glad I could be here to watch Hillary dunk on Hong Wu.
By Beren
Here's the thing guys: Assange works for the Clintons. As well as the FBI does, which is hardly surprising though.

If HRC gets elected despite all the leaks, scandals, etc., then it's all over once and for all!

They have to do this, because it would hurt them more after the election, when the spotlight will be on them, not Trump.

I think they promised they would pardon him.
Sarcasm and saltiness won't make the truth go away!

Rumor has it that Hillary will soon make a speech against the "alt-right" which people on this forum were, days ago, arguing doesn't exist. It's going to be funny watching them "180" and start imitating HFA's talking points. I guess the Russian boogieman failed to gain traction so they need to find a new one.
LV-GUCCI-PRADA-FLEX wrote:What? Who ever said the alt-right doesn't exist? I think one of my main issues with the internet is the insidious, disgusting, conspiratorial, wrongheaded, and frankly retarded influence of the alt-right.

I've only relatively recently decided that they are a 'thing', and was dubious for a while about the tenacity of the movement.

The reason that some might say they don't exist is that they are a pretty broad church and it is hard to pinpoint an exact ideological instance of them. I think you go to the opposite extreme here and seem to be giving them too narrow a focus in order to lambast them.

A lot of antifascist types do the same thing (in fact that's always been their approach), and claim that they are all naziswhowanttokillsixmillionjews, anything else they say being camouflage.
I on the other hand see them, due to their broadness, as something that could be a baulk against neo-nazism, which is pretty narrow and intolerent of other Right-leaning views. I cite as examples diverse figures such as Jared Taylor, who pretty eloquently puts aside the neo-nazi staple of antisemitism and Milo Yiannopoulos who, as well as being flamboyantly gay often cites his Jewish heritage.
Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Glad you are so empathetic and self-critical and […]

The more time passes, the more instances of haras[…]

It turns out it was all a complete lie with no bas[…]

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]