Bombs in New York. - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Frollein
Pants-of-dog wrote:Or I could discuss your strawman about the ebil liburals importing Islamofascists.

You can talk to the wall, as far as I'm concerned. I'm not discussing anything with you, as you are unable to carry an argument.
lol.

I find it amusing that you ignore my arguments, and simultaneously accuse me of not making arguments.

Obviously, not all Muslims believe the same thing.
By QatzelOk
Rich wrote:Westerners kill far less than any people in history and probably less than any peole in pre history.

If we include Brits, Americans and the French as Westerners, they have eradicated one third of the earth's cultures, and the industrial world their violence created is set to kill off perhaps an even greater proportion of species.

Success, when measured by hyper- consumption and other people's misery... is us. And it's toxic.
By ArtAllm
Frollein wrote:As I said in my earlier post, if the Enlightenment had peddled today's hippie trippy tolerance let-them-practice-their-religion bullshit, they'd still be burning witches at the stake. That they don't is precisely because nobody argued for that tolerance-because-religion crap then. So do explain to me why we're debating it today? If you want Islam to be as harmless as today's Christianity, treat it like we treated Christianity back then.

Otherwise get used to being killed for being an infidel subhuman.

They [the REAL power brokers] are still burning witches, but not literally.

Speak there are still "sacred cows" in the West, if you cross the "red line" they will put you into jail for your attempt to desecrate a "sacred cow", even if you ask a wrong non-violent question.

Yes, you can say today that you do not believe in God or Allah, no problem. Neither Islam nor Christianity is the religion of the West, because you can mock both of these religions.

Just think about what you cannot question and what will cause trouble if you openly admit that you do not believe in, and you will find out what the official "religion" of the West is and who the REAL power brokers are.
By Rancid
QatzelOk wrote:If we include Brits, Americans and the French as Westerners, they have eradicated one third of the earth's cultures, and the industrial world their violence created is set to kill off perhaps an even greater proportion of species.

Success, when measured by hyper- consumption and other people's misery... is us. And it's toxic.

USA! USA! USA!
By skinster
Thompson_NCL wrote:Palestine is not a sovereign state.

What happened to "but we left Gaza!" :lol:

Pants-of-dog wrote:lol.

I find it amusing that you ignore my arguments, and simultaneously accuse me of not making arguments.

I found that amusing too.
So, whether or not it is terrorism is decided by western gov'ts.

The idea that the gov't tells us what words mean is problematic.
By Rich
Thompson_NCL wrote:Israel's occupation has no relevance as to whether Palestine is a state or not.
Just briefly on your hypocrisy point. Hypocrisy is no doubt an unavoidable aspect of political and particularly international diplomatic life. However deliberate hypocrisy on this forum seems pointless. You are presumably relying on your ideological opponents being too stupid to spot you hypocrisy.

Note avoiding hypocrisy doesn't mean things have to be fair. It doesn't mean things have to be equal, it just means that you don't pretend what your demanding / offering is "fair" and equal when its not. Also its not hypocritical to use terms in contradictory ways to avoid falling foul of laws or forum rules (I don't mean this forum specifically, restrictions on free speech are virtually inevitable on any online forum /mailing group etc).

Arguing over whether Palestine is a state or not strikes me as a form of trolling, a form of time wasting.I don't believe you or our governments could give a toss whether an entity is a state or not. Its similar to when the left whine on about sovereignty.
Rich wrote:Just briefly on your hypocrisy point. Hypocrisy is no doubt an unavoidable aspect of political and particularly international diplomatic life. However deliberate hypocrisy on this forum seems pointless. You are presumably relying on your ideological opponents being too stupid to spot you hypocrisy.

Note avoiding hypocrisy doesn't mean things have to be fair. It doesn't mean things have to be equal, it just means that you don't pretend what your demanding / offering is "fair" and equal when its not. Also its not hypocritical to use terms in contradictory ways to avoid falling foul of laws or forum rules (I don't mean this forum specifically, restrictions on free speech are virtually inevitable on any online forum /mailing group etc).

Arguing over whether Palestine is a state or not strikes me as a form of trolling, a form of time wasting.I don't believe you or our governments could give a toss whether an entity is a state or not. Its similar to when the left whine on about sovereignty.

What hypocrisy do you speak of?

And I never brought up Palestine, skinster did. But you're right, for me the bottom line is always whether someone is acting in my nations interests or against them. But my personal views on the matter does not mean I am incapable of given an objective comment.
By skinster
Thompson_NCL wrote:And I never brought up Palestine, skinster did.

1. My first post in this thread quoted you with the word 'Palestine' in the quote.
2. Gaza is not militarily occupied, it is blockaded.
3. The occupation you talked of is in the West Bank when responding to when POD talked of Hamas (who are not based in the West Bank)
4. White supremacists are :lol:
By Scamp
Maybe a huge number of New York voters will see the light, and vote for Trump, the anti-terror Pres candidate. Instead of Hillary, the bring in hundreds of thousands of Islamic refugees candidate. But that is only assuming New York has a huge number of voters who care about America anymore.
skinster wrote:1. My first post in this thread quoted you with the word 'Palestine' in the quote.
2. Gaza is not militarily occupied, it is blockaded.
3. The occupation you talked of is in the West Bank when responding to when POD talked of Hamas (who are not based in the West Bank)
4. White supremacists are :lol:

1. Yes, you're right. PoD brought it up, not you.
2. Well that is debatable I suppose, but I've no desire to do so as I never meant it was presently occupied. So let's agree with your description: now what of it?
3. See point 2. I didn't mean it was presently occupied. But what is your actual point?
4. Yawn.
skinster wrote:My point was just pointing out you don't appear to know what you're talking about.

Enjoy your nap. :D

I didn't say Gaza was presently occupied, did I? Although since you're trying to be smart:

Mehdi Hasan challenges Israel's argument that it no longer occupies the Gaza Strip. Israel says it no longer occupies Gaza after disengaging from the strip of land in 2005. But Palestinians, international organisations, human rights groups and governments, including the United States, argue Gaza is still occupied.

I agree with Israel on the matter. Who do you agree with?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This war is going to drag on for probably another[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]