Trump calls it like it is; the establishment can't take it - Page 324 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Well this was a revelation. I just reviewed my drive of the debate and sure enough.....

Trumps sniffles are very serious. Very serious indeed. He may be dreadfully ill. I am very concerned that he has diphtheria. Here is why.

He has the sniffles. Not normal sniffles but big ones on national television. That is one of the key symptoms of diphtheria. He looked very tired. I find it extremely concerning that his closest aids have not denied that he has diphtheria. And they rushed him off to his airplane. His skin was orange and this is an important symptom of organ failure. And what disease causes organ failure, I hear you ask? Diphtheria.

I am very concerned about him. This could be the end. It is good his family is around.
Hillary: "Trumple down economics makes sense to Trump, because as a young man he received a $14 million dollar loan from his father. I don't fault him for this line of thinking, because that is the world he grew up in."

The Hindenberg: "I received a small loan, the smallest, so small you wouldn't even believe. So small. And from these humble beginnings, I became the baked potato you see before you today."
Honestly it's kind of hard to buy into the whole "Hillary is dying" narrative after she delivered a Stone Cold Stunner to Trump.

I mean she wrecked his ass like he was a jar of pickles. Now, we all know Trump isn't the kind of guy who learns from mistakes or studies or puts any effort into anything he does. So how likely is it that Trump dodges the rest of the debates while crying like a little bitch about how unfair the media is? You know, the same media that gave him millions of dollars of free advertising?
Godstud wrote:Only fucking retards think polls mean anything before the election.

Well you learn something every day. I'd always imagined not just that polls mattered, that they are meaningful, that they had a certain level of predictive power, but that a lot of very smart people shared this view. To be honest this is quite a shock to learn from Godstud that not only am I a retard, but so are all the people at fivethirtyeight.
Look at how erratic the polls are. Look at how biased the polls are, depending on who puts them out. Look how ridiculous it is to talk about polls when the polling is about as accurate as letting a monkey choose the next POTUS. (See last election where polls said Obama would lose.)

Earlier this month, NBC News' Mark Murray cautioned voters to "take the early horserace polls with a grain of salt, " as "he or she who leads in the early polling doesn't always win, though it certainly helps to be in double digits." Back in December, though, the Washington Post's Aaron Blake gave a stouter defense of early polling. He wrote, "Whenever someone complains that polling this far out doesn't matter, we sigh just a little. Hillary Clinton's poll standing, after all, is pretty indicative that she's the favorite for the Democratic nomination. That's an extreme example, but you get the idea." Responding to Blake, Bloomberg View's Jonathan Bernstein advised people to "mostly ignore the polls. They are worth paying attention to only to the extent that party actors care about them."
http://www.usnews.com/debate-club/how-m ... -right-now

Here’s Why Polls Are So Bad At Predicting Election Results
We talked to polling experts Al Tuchfarber and Cliff Zukin to explain why such polls are so unreliable and to set the record straight on pre-presidential election survey methodologies and results.

Zukin’s primer alone, synthesized below in brief, is a kind of laundry list that tells us in no uncertain terms why pre-presidential election polling is more of an art than a science:

Sampling error percentages

The most modern modes of surveying include telephone (landline and cell), and Internet/online, and they all have drawbacks for enabling polling accuracy. Telephone surveys frequently use random digit dialing (RDD) to ensure distribution by geography, or registration based sampling (RBS) to draw from public lists of registered voters. Both of these methods miss a substantial portion of the electorate.

Timing and field procedures also come into play, along with question ordering and wording. "Polls don’t predict; they describe the situation at the moment," Zukin writes. Polls taken over different dates (field period), such as over one day or seven days, for instance, yield different results.

Weighting and determining probable voters also need to be considered. Weighting uses basic math to identify probable voters and their common characteristics based on census data, but it is far from an exact science. "Even the best polls cannot interview a perfect sample, due to non-response and non-coverage, among a variety of reasons," Zukin explains. There is also a general problem inherent to these polls whereby there is an over-reporting of peoples’ intention to vote. "When respondents’ self-report of intentions in pre-election polls have been compared to actual turnout, we have historically found a large over-report of voting intentions." Tuchfarber succinctly adds that getting a good sample of people who will actually vote is "the pollster’s nightmare."

One reason: From half to two-thirds of poll respondents don't actually vote in a primary.
https://www.fastcompany.com/3054762/ela ... on-results
This is hilarious... Variety users say Trump Won Debate by a significant number... Variety promptly reports "Clinton Win Says Media Elitists" with not one word mentioning their own online poll.

Time Magazine(I still like calling it that) sees it's own poll and does THE EXACT SAME THING.....

Even if that mainly shows Trump supporters being more militant, you'd still think they'd at least address it in their write-ups.

I hope they like their glass houses.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/27/micha ... he-debate/

Moore says Trump won.....

.... and he sounds pretty pissed off about it too.
Some autists over at 4chan have analyzed the debate. Their findings:

Holt Interrupted Trump 41 Times, Clinton 7 Times

Holt asked Trump 15 exclusive questions, Hillary was asked just 2.

i.e partisan moderator did everything he could to steer discussion to benefit Clinton. But it didn't work: https://i.sli.mg/mCjGC9.png

Poll update, 25 public polls put trump ahead in public perception of who 'won' debate. CNN just made theirs up, other pro-clinton public polls are outliers, not the majority: https://i.imgur.com/6ty65Btl.jp

ABC poll is interesting...bottom right. :lol:

Article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... slide.html

This sums it up:

I think that most Americans still believe in fair play.

It is easy to trigger people emotionally if you make them to believe that there is fairness.

But if this is gone, the emotional triggers do not work any more.

And who would be pleased to realise that his team was caught cheating?
Last edited by ArtAllm on 27 Sep 2016 17:15, edited 1 time in total.
Godstud wrote:Anyone who watched it knows that Trump didn't win anything.

I also believe Trump won. He talked a lot more than Hillary did, he didn't let himself be moderated, he managed to have the last word usually, which is the very definition of winning a debate, and he made me laugh a few times while Hillary didn't. He also said serious things and looked very presidential while talking a whole lot, and it's absolutely fine he didn't pay his taxes.
Conservative pundits today: "Hillary didn't win, Trump just lost!"

\

Also fucking lol at Trump responding to Hillary saying, "You're a pig of a man who treats women like shit" by going on TV today and calling Machado fat again (20 years after she won the pageant). There is literally no trap too obvious, no argument too small, that Trump will not run balls first into, repeatedly, to prove he "won."

Lol you goobers think this guy would be a competent president. What gullible rubes.

It's smart when Trump doesn't pay his taxes. But those NATO countries not paying us? They are not smart. They are bad.

Anyway lol Drudge Report's main story is: "BREAKING: Hillary stands for 90 minutes!" Like lol at all the idiots who thought Hillary was dying. I read some interesting commentary on the subject and, as always, it can be summed as: Trump supporters are fucking retards.

People like Hong Wu run around copy/pasting dumbshit memes from the dorkier parts of the internet to the point where they actually believe in the propaganda they're spewing, to the point where they don't think Hillary will even be able to make it to the debate. Like, god damn, how can you not understand propaganda? You're not supposed to actually believe it.

But then again the type of person who falls for this looks at an overtanned 1% version of a timeshare salesman and thinks, "Hey, this guy has some good ideas!"
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Which gives rise to an equally terrible far right[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]

Imagine how delighted you will be when the Circus[…]