If Trump Wins, Blame Clinton - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I, too, would like to jump on this bandwagon and advance my own hypothesis as to which individual we can blame in the event Trump wins. If Clinton loses, really, there’s only one person you can blame: Hillary Rodham Clinton.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/if-trump-wins-blame-clinton_us_57e21370e4b09f67131e3883

I thought this was an excellent article, written by one of my favorite youtubers (The Humanist Report). I think it sums up a point that shouldn't ever have needed to be said. In an election the onus is on the candidate to be for the people, and not for the people to be for the candidate. So this narrative the past month that young voters are failing Clinton, rather than Clinton failing to be the kind of politician that inspires our generation to want to vote for her, is disingenuous if not entirely unethical. Shaming and Fear mongering have become the tools that DNC is utilizing to try and gain voters, that they lost due to the nominee that they pushed to elect. The argument that she's "Not Trump" is simply not good enough for a large portion of the dissatisfied electorate. People realize that the corruption that they associate with Hillary, is the only reason a crazy guy like Trump ever got this far to begin with. It's all a result of the American public's rejection of establishment politics as usual.
Trump's candidacy isn't the product of Hillary Clinton and how much she's disliked. Trump's candidacy is the product of the effects a cultural shift is having on a segment of the US's population. Simply put, white conservatives used to make up the controlling majority of the electorate. We are in the middle of a shift where that's not true any more and will never be again. So, white conservatives are feeling this shift. They are feeling pushed out. And because of this, they are pushing back in the only way they can ... by becoming and electing more and more "white" and conservative candidates.
I disagree. In fact if you look at the majority of white conservatives they were staunchly, behind Ted Cruz and not Donald Trump during the primary cycle. Trump's explosion came from white middle class workers, independents and to a certain amount of libertarians. In fact Trump barley endorsed traditionally conservative positions during the primaries, which is why he struggled in religious states. His appeal throughout the primary wasn't for having conservative values, it was for being perceived as an "outsider". So I think you might be stretching the narrative a bit, to fit your ideas about white-conservatism. I just don't see that it applies here. However, a portion of his base might carry those views, but I'm definitely confortable saying the majority of his momentum didn't come from that during the primaries.

Trump to me represents the manifestation of people's frustration with "politics as usual", dishonesty and the Establishment. I think that sentiment is also the reason we saw Ron Paul gain momentum in 2012, and Bernie and Trump even more so in 2016. People have become more and more disenfranchised with out political process, our media, and our politicans who sell out virtually without hesitation. The reason I think it's cumulated this year so heavily, is because Hillary Clinton is probally the most establishment candidate I've seen in my lifetime. So when you mix those factors together, you get a lot of people looking for alternatives.
If Trump wins, blame all the assholes who voted for him. Pretending it's somehow Clinton's fault, is idiotic.
Godstud wrote:If Trump wins, blame all the assholes who voted for him. Pretending it's somehow Clinton's fault, is idiotic.

I'd blame Clinton for being such a useless Politician and so out of touch that she managed to lose to someone who lies during his speeches on average every 3 minutes and 15 seconds. She is running a close race with some one everyone knows is in way over his head, because she is a horrible person (So is Trump), politician and her run in the Senate and as Secretary of State were disgusting displays of corruption. When America collapse under its own weight, may we remember that she played her part in that fall. So yes I will blame Clinton, but also the idiots that voted for Trump. :P
Clinton can't be blamed for the majority of Americans being ignorant, uneducated reality TV show watching twits, who prefer style over substance. You blaming Clinton, is just stupid. Trump is 10x as corrupt, and even bragged about dodging taxes, and taking advantage of people's misfortune, during the recent debate.
Albexmrutah wrote:I disagree ... Trump to me represents the manifestation of people's frustration with "politics as usual", dishonesty and the Establishment.
That is the conservative white polarized argument. They're being pushed out of the mainstream and they're mad as hell that none of the Republicans in DC are doing much to stop it. The more they feel the shift the more they shift to an even more socially conservative ideology and the less they'll tolerate any kind of compromise. That's what Trump represents. An unapologetic figurehead of the far right's social and cultural beliefs.
I agree.

I think without Clinton running the Democrats would have a better candidate now. Not a more qualified one, but one with more charisma and less political baggage.

Edit: Ok, just watching the debate Trump-Clinton debate, and she does pretty well. Trump is terrible. Her weakness is her arrogance and her misguided attempts at humor.
Been watching the first 10 minutes at the debate, the two just bores me to death.
Trump: We have these problems because of all these enemies <China, Mexico, big government>, we should do bad things to all these bad guys and AMERICA will be great again, Hillary you are a big government bureaucrat before, you haven't done nothin' to these bad guys. (Normally there should be a round of applause from angry white crowd, but moderator sorta banned that)
Hillary: I have all these data that supports my claims backed up by experts. But I can't bother to explain any rationale behind my data and my experts now, just know that I have the experience, you are an idiot, and you should all read my book. By the way, "FUCK THE 1%", there I said it. Happy now, hippies?

Okay I know it's just the first 10 minutes. Should I force myself to continue?
Hong Wu wrote:Why is Hillary acting smug when she's behind in the polls? Because it's less disturbing than when she displays any other emotion. This is over folks.
She's probably smug because she's not behind in the polls. She's still hovering around a +3 over Trump in national polls, and she still has 272 electoral votes safe under her belt. That's where things are now, and that's basically how they've been for the last few months. She's going into the election in a better position than Obama did in 2012. Unless something really dramatic happens that causes an actual shift in the electorate, the outcome of the election is already set ... it was set months ago.
This thread is even more relevant now than it was when I first made it. Literally Hillary, her surrogates, and her million dollar superpack are investing all their time and money into trying to shame third-parties.

I mean Obama's speech literally gave you these options

A vote for Hillary= A vote for Hillary
A vote for Trump= A vote for Trump
A vote for Gary Johnson= A vote for Trump
A vote for Jill Stein= A vote for Trump
Not Voting= A vote for Trump

At this point it's funny how they're really trying to portray this message that only the voters can fail the establishment, and it can't ever be the establishment trying to throw something at voters that they reject.
There's plenty of blame to go around, starting with the 16 loser Republicans

I feel sorry for Hillery. She's been accused of being a liar for 30 years. Sure, she's said some stupid, things that weren't true but who hasnt? After all the millions of dollars spent, nothing has been proved to be true which suggests the Republicans investigaters are the stupidest people in America

As for Trump's wheelhouse, economics, Bill had the most fiscally successful presidentsy in my lifetime, bringing the most people out of poverty

Lol! Hippies for Hillary. Is that an actual demographic down there?
Sounds like an audio file of a not-entirely unsympathetic Hillary has surfaced, in which she calls Bernie Bros basement dwellers and laughs about it. A transcript of the audio is a bit less damaging but the laughter in the audio is not very helpful. She also says that she has no intention of trying to implement many of Bernie's policy proposals, which is not shocking in the least.
Three months after leaving the White House in 2001, former President Bill Clinton arrived in India to cheering throngs to help those who had just lost a million homes in the aftermath of a massive earthquake that killed 20,000 and injured 166,000.

In classic Clinton style, he solemnly promised that his new nonprofit — called the American India Foundation (AIF) — would rebuild 100 villages. Rajat Gupta, his millionaire co-chairman, pledged $1 billion for the victims.

It never happened. Years later, AIF’s annual reports were reviewed by the Daily Caller News Foundation and show only seven villages were partially rebuilt by Clinton’s group, and a mere $2.7 million of $53 million raised over a decade went to the earthquake victims.

The rest went for completely unrelated projects, including “accelerating social change,” fighting AIDS, “sustainable development,” and working for “digital equalizers.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/02/expos ... z4M1y9iDUQ

So the Clintons are worth US$111 million that we know about. If Bill is paid $375,000 a speech, he would have to have given 29,600 speeches to make that much money.
baltwade wrote:Trump's candidacy isn't the product of Hillary Clinton and how much she's disliked.

Well, that's a reasonable conclusion, because he first had to beat 16 other Republicans--all with more political experience than Trump. Trump is focusing on issues that the establishment doesn't want to address, because they have an alternate agenda; namely, globalization.

baltwade wrote:Trump's candidacy is the product of the effects a cultural shift is having on a segment of the US's population.

I think this is too self-serving an analysis, because this process is also happening in Britain, France, Germany, Austria and Greece among other places. Democratic masses are fundamentally disaffected by globalization, the downward pressure on wages, and the flooding of non-assimilating immigrants among other problems. If this were simply a matter of what white conservatives in the US wanted, you wouldn't see Trump maintain the strength he's held while under whithering assault from the media.

baltwade wrote:Simply put, white conservatives used to make up the controlling majority of the electorate.

That hasn't been the case for a long time. In California, where I live, white people like me are only 40% of the population and California hasn't elected a conservative since Governor Reagan. You could hardly call Pete Wilson or Arnold Schwarzenegger conservatives.

baltwade wrote:We are in the middle of a shift where that's not true any more and will never be again.

Perhaps that is true, but a net result of it is the bi-partisan establishment is cracking up. If you Balkanize the public, you'll get Balkan-style politics. Meanwhile, abroad the Pax Americana is coming apart too. So we can expect a future of political volatility both in the US and abroad. Brexit was a huge shock to the British establishment, just as the nomination of Donald Trump is a huge shock to the American establishment. In Germany, AfD is gaining ground, just as the National Front in France is gaining ground. It's hard to mistake this unless you still think you can somehow sell a narrative.

Consider this: Backlash to World Economic Order Clouds Outlook at IMF Talks
From Britain’s vote to leave the European Union to Donald Trump’s championing of “America First,” pressures are mounting to roll back the economic integration that has been a hallmark of gatherings of the IMF and World Bank for more than 70 years.

Fed by stagnant wages and diminishing job security, the populist uprising threatens to depress a world economy that International Monetary Fund Managing Director Christine Lagarde says is already “weak and fragile.”

The calls for less integration and more trade barriers also pose risks for elevated financial markets that remain susceptible to sudden swings in investor sentiment, as underscored by recent jitters over Frankfurt-based Deutsche Bank AG’s financial health.

The West would like its prosperity back...

baltwade wrote:So, white conservatives are feeling this shift.

This doesn't explain high unemployment among urban blacks, increased shootings in places like Chicago, and so forth. Disaffection with the American government is widespread among most people. Disaffection with Hillary among Millenials is also relevant, and they are hardly conservatives.

baltwade wrote:They are feeling pushed out.

When Hillary is talking about Millenials living in their parent's basement, loaded with college debt and the only job they can get is a barista position, she's not talking about your typical white conservative. She's talking about young Democrats that flocked to Bernie Sanders.

baltwade wrote:And because of this, they are pushing back in the only way they can ... by becoming and electing more and more "white" and conservative candidates.

Hillary had to run her primary to the bitter end with Sanders holding a sizable chunk of support.

While it's clear that the political left in the United States dislikes American conservatives, it doesn't explain the rise of radical right (or left in the case of Greece) in Europe. Nigel Farage thinks it's entirely natural to stump for Donald Trump. It's inherently anti-globalization. Those pushing globalization are mostly white too.

baltwade wrote:She's probably smug because she's not behind in the polls.

We won't know for another month. The polling is mostly controlled by the establishment and they want Trump to lose. Brexit was this close in the polls until the actual votes were counted.

@FiveofSwords Also, don't get too hung up on g[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This post was made on the 16th April two years ag[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]