Who you would/will vote for in the American Presidential Election. - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Who you would/will vote for in the American Presidential Election.

Trump
38%
Clinton
35%
Johnson
3%
Stein
6%
No one
18%
mikema63 wrote:How would you vote if you were a Florida resident instead? (anyone can answer that if they like)

I am actually from another swing state , Ohio , and as it stands now , I seriously am intending with some reservations to vote for Hillary Clinton . If all things were equal I would have liked to have voted for Jill Stein . However , with the electoral college being as it is , I have come to conclude that as it applies to those in states such as mine , the perfect can at times become the enemy of the good . I am concerned that Donald Trump might very well secure the electoral votes of Ohio , given the overwhelming percentage of campaign signs of his I have seen in the surrounding counties in ratio to that of Clinton , and none for any third party candidates . And so I tactically favor vote pairing .
Donald wrote:"The biggest issue facing workers today is immigration. It's huge. We gotta get it under control. We don't know who they are. It's a disgrace."
So now he's saying immigration in general, not just illegal and does that includes white immigration or is it a buzzword for non-whites in general, and it's ironic considering he use illegal immigrants for his work.
the hole world watches this election, it is more in the media then the national elections.

It is interesting to watch, who wins, i do not care.

Obama promised also the big change from Bush politics, but a president is just one person.

Who wins, will not touch my life.
The Immortal Goon wrote:You may not be responsible for the Iraq War, though the vast majority of Americans (and everybody I know) vehemently opposed it.
The leftie school of falsification is in full swing. Support for the war reached 75% in the US on the eve of the invasion. In Britain it wasn't quite as strong but there was substantial majority support once don't knows had been removed.

I totally understand that for example that for someone like Decky it must have seemed like all his middle class student and ex student mates were going on the anti war demo. But the truth was that support for the war amongst the working class was even higher. While amongst the Capitalists support was lower.
The Immortal Goon wrote:
...there are plenty of Americans and Europeans that will paint themselves as victims because they don't feel like they're in control of their lives...

Painting yourself as victim is ridiculous. We don't get what we deserve, we only get what we fight for. Frederick Douglass:

“If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.”

In a sense, that feeling is correct. They are not in control of their lives. But they have no hope of gaining control until they are willing to risk their comforts and take a stand.
If I were American most likely I would abstain from this vote, though I might have voted for Hillary just to keep this buffoon out of office. It's a real pickle, damned if you do damned if you don't, though I am generally in agreement that Trump is not fit for President of the United States.

Recent history from Greece and Britain shows that the protest vote though understandable and respected for the disenfranchised actually ends up worse, populism is a real problem. This election has become so populist that no issue has actually been discussed, whoever wins will win to do whatever one pleases and that is the saddest part.
noemon wrote:If I were American most likely I would abstain from this vote, though I might have voted for Hillary just to keep this buffoon out of office. It's a real pickle, damned if you do damned if you don't, though I am generally in agreement that Trump is not fit for President of the United States.

Recent history from Greece and Britain shows that the protest vote though understandable and respected for the disenfranchised actually ends up worse, populism is a real problem. This election has become so populist that no issue has actually been discussed, whoever wins will win to do whatever one pleases and that is the saddest part.

Im not sure Hillary is fit for presidency this woman is insane and have health issues its possible that she wont even make it to the end of the second term (if she will be elected)
Donald wrote:
Presumably mass immigration of any kind, which has also had a detrimental effect on black communities.

Capitalism, American sponsor Ghettos, the south, the government, War on Drugs, Policing, the horrid lazy culture blacks have, all are detrimental effect on our communities. This "immigration problem" (Obama was more harsh than all the previous presidents) Is just a bussword Trump would say cause people like the southerner are stupid enough to fall for it, blame others and not themselves, most are traitors anyway.

https://twitter.com/CIJ_ICJ/status/177337636136248[…]

I was actually unaware :lol: Before he was […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]

Indeed. It is strange, but they're all over the in[…]