Trump calls it like it is; the establishment can't take it - Page 387 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
False, the USSR did most of the fighting against both. The USA just tagged along with smaller forces & casualties

OK. Do you realize that you just posted that the USSR did more fighting against the Japanese than did the US. Do read a little history.
OK. Do you realize that you just posted that the USSR did more fighting against the Japanese than did the US. Do read a little history.

While the Americans did most of the fighting against the Japanese, the British also did their fair share, and it was the Soviet invasion of Japanese-occupied Manchuria which led to the final surrender of Imperial Japan, not the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The Soviet Union, of course, did all of the heavy lifting against Nazi Germany.
I think that when we remember wars it is not good to try and discredit the contributions of your allies. Charles de Gaulle did not want British soldiers to participate in the victory parade in Paris and I think that was very dishonourable. Likewise the refusal of Western leaders to attend the 9 May victory celebrations in Moscow is also a grave insult to the Russians who fought the common enemy.
Igor Antunov wrote:Highlight of that charity dinner:

"Hillary is so corrupt she got kicked off the watergate commission , how corrupt do you have to be to be kicked off the Watergate commission?"

The establishment can't take it.

In my opinion the most notable moment was this:

Donald Trump is a New Yorker basically, who's part of the establishment, although he may be considered an extravagant bad boy or a hick. I'm sure he considers it a great achievement that he made them applaud Melania.
Potemkin wrote:While the Americans did most of the fighting against the Japanese, the British also did their fair share, and it was the Soviet invasion of Japanese-occupied Manchuria which led to the final surrender of Imperial Japan, not the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The Soviet Union, of course, did all of the heavy lifting against Nazi Germany.

I seldom agree with you, but I fully agree with this statement.

The sadistic and senseless bombing of civilians in Germany and Japan did not have any influence on the moral of Germans or Japanese, these sadistic acts and war crimes were designed to show Stalin that the West has some strength that could be used against the Commie ally if he tries to install his Gulag system in whole Europe, in whole Korea and in Japan.

The Japanese and German elites did not like the perspective of being expropriated by the Commies, that is why they unconditionally surrendered tho the western allies.
Republicans are a gloomy lot, methinks.

In the beginning, Republicans smiled and congratulated themselves as the nominees tossed their hats into the ring: Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush, Dr Carson, Chris Christy, and Carly Fiorini. The GOP were well pleased: a brainiac lawyer, a former governor with more money than God in his war chest, a distinguished brainiac neurosurgeon, a popular for insulting the great unwashed masses governor, and a woman CEO of a Fortune 20, who would ensure the ladies' vote. The GOP was delighted. Enter a busload of senators and governors. And escalator riding Trump.

Republicans couldn't be more delighted. 17 stars. Spoiled for choice. They'd positively eviscerate those damniable Democrats.
Gentlemen and ah, lady, start your engines...

Like a giant, orange wrecking ball, Trump came out swinging. In what was his smartest move ever, Gov. Scott Walker took his Koch Brothers funded superpac money and capitulated as he watchef Trump pummel the slow moving Bush. Other awestruck republicans, horrified by this spectacle, wrung their hands in disbelief and weighed their options. What if we tossed him out? What if he ran as an independent? What if he wasn't allowed to run as an independent? Crikey. One by one, Trump vivisected all the competion. All of them. 16 grown men, the pride of the Republican party, had no idea what so ever how to handle Trump, and now laid bloodied at the feet of this bloody-minded juggernaut named Trump.

Meanwhile Hillary and Bernie had a wee foodfight. Hillary won.

From the sidelines, Trump offered a critique of Hillary's style. She loud. She's sooooo angry. Hwer heat is filled with hate.When the Hillary-Trump debates started, it was assumed Trump could mop the floor with Hillary,

Not so. She came out, smiling sweetly like a cat with cream. Maybe a little forced, but she was determined not raise her voice nor appear angry nor hateful. Every time he took a swing at her, landing some hard, even bruising punches, she virtually purred and stuck her claws in. The deeper she made her way under her skin, the more he lost his composure. The smile looked a little less forced as the night progressed. Hillary was having a grand old time. The Grand Old Party was not. The pundits gave the win to Trump. The polls showed the people did not.

The second debate was a clear win for Hillary, prefaced by the Billy Bush tape and culminating with Trump having a seven day war with a beauty queen. Hillary smiled, she was having fun, playing lIke a cat with a mouse. This time the people and left leaning pundits called a win for Hillary. The GOP groaned.

In the third debate, Trump started strong, but visably withered after 20, 30 minutes. He looked like he got under her skin a little but she dug in her claws enough that he seemed to concede.

She won, as he conceded, on experience. She won on knowledge. She won on stamina. She won on disposition. As a women, I'm pleased she was proved meritorious, full stop, but after those sad Billy Bush tapes just let me say

Good pussy, goooood pussycat.
Great post Stormsmith!

It is fun to see how expertly she has handled this campaign. She is playing him like a cheap guitar.

So here comes the Russian front organization, Wikileaks. And what do they find. Not a thing. Oh the Hillary haters are searching for all they are worth but no dice. And Assange has squandered his chance by widening his net. Today he tried to hit President Obama. Didn't work. And it won't work with the American people. Why. You would never believe it...

Donald Trump. He shot off his mouth saying that he wished Russia would hack the DNC/Hillary. Now, whatever happens, she has perfect cover with her supporters and a fair number of independents. So, of course, she can simply ignore all of it.

But as Stormsmith points out, it was Donald's misogynist remarks early on that doomed him. If he had been moderate and respectful in his handling of women right from the start of the campaign he could have weathered the bus tape. He could have apologized (in prime time rather than midnight) and moved on.

It is beginning to look like Clinton is going to win and perhaps win convincingly. It would not be incorrect to say though that as good as Hillary is as a campaigner (and in my opinion all around smart and accomplished woman) she has to give a great deal of credit for her win to Trump. He has contrived to lose a race that he might have won.

Well it ain't over 'till its over and I am sure Blackjack will feel compelled to do one of his drive-by insults but for Trump..... MENE, MENE, TEKEL...
So here comes the Russian front organization, Wikileaks. And what do they find. Not a thing. Oh the Hillary haters are searching for all they are worth but no dice. And Assange has squandered his chance by widening his net. Today he tried to hit President Obama. Didn't work. And it won't work with the American people. Why. You would never believe it...

In all honesty, if Hillaries opponent wasn't Trump then Wikileaks already would have destroyed her chances to win. Lets say if it was Romney vs Hillary then wikileaks would have burried Clinton by now.
“We have a bunch of babies running our country, folks,” said Trump at a campaign rally in Fletcher, North Carolina. “We have a bunch of losers, they’re losers, they’re babies.”

/then goes back to crying about a SNL skit

He sure makes compelling arguments.
Dr Lee, thank you for you kind words.

I agree wiki leaks was a bit of a disaster.4000 pages and only hours to review? Madness. As for Assange, he's going to be spending a long time in that embassy. I cannot think what Trump was thinking, begging the Russians to continue e-spying. As smart as offering taped testimony of sexually abusing women.

But as Stormsmith points out, it was Donald's misogynist remarks early on that doomed him. If he had been moderate and respectful in his handling of women right from the start of the campaign he could have weathered the bus tape. He could have apologized (in prime time rather than midnight) and moved on. 

His rant on the Mexicans both disgusted me and amused me in equal measures. Hasn't he heard of El Chapo, the Mexican drug lord with a penchant for tunnels?

Anything to to with soldiers catches my eye. You don't ask your best to do the worst: torture suspects and murder their families. You dont promise aid, then fail to fulfill

I could go on; my point being there was a smorgasbord of complaints. Something for everyone. Personally I wouldn't be casting a ballot against Trump, I would be voting for Hillary. She moved enough to the left to satisfy me she'd work with Bernie, and I preferred her choices. Not everyone needs a fully paid education etc.

But statistically I agree that it's reckless to piss of the largest demographic group, to say nothing of the men who love them.

Igor: weak tea, dear.
Last edited by Stormsmith on 22 Oct 2016 05:37, edited 1 time in total.
Igor Antunov wrote:SNL skit is tarnished by virtue of Alec Baldwin being a) employed by a sullied DNC pac, and b) Baldwin having abused his daughter on audio tape.

C)SNL desperately trying to relive the glory days of his mate Tina Fey's Sarah Palin.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Wow, @Tainari88 , you really don't know anything […]

I'm not American. Politics is power relations be[…]

@FiveofSwords If you want to dump some random […]

…. I don't know who in their right mind would be[…]