Trump calls Taiwanese President causes Rift with China - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

I don't think a China/US war is likely. Despite our political bickering, I believe the Chinese and American people like one another. If our leaders listen to the people, a new understanding will come about.
Edit: Other than gut feeling my evidence is Asians have assimilated into American society much better than Latinos or African Americans based upon the 'Racial Dot map of the US'. Americans visiting China are not met with hostility.
in my mind I have no doubt that China is going out rank USA in every sphere pretty soon, they are already more than half way there,

I then judge the US according to its past actions, their lust for war, blood and supremacy, it becomes clear to me that they are not going to relinquish power without a military conflict.

in a scenario like this even if both sides show unprecedented restraint in using nuclear weapons, the very fact that the two biggest powers are at war with each other means all other countries who have conflicts between them will use this chance to gain the upper hand on their foes at whatever the price, there are enough of them out there. And before you know it half the world is at war.
Igor Antunov wrote:Also that table ignores one important element. Try to guess what it is, and why great power wars stopped being a thing post 50's....

Of course the sensible way for China and America to fight is through proxies. Direct conflict would see destruction on an unprecedented scale. If the two nations can't find a way to accommodate each other, and things look like they can't, then we might expect to see one side's Muslims versus the other side's Muslims. But that has been going on for some time already. Like the Cold War, I suppose one side will exhaust themselves and collapse.

On a tangent, China doesn't seem to have a lot of nukes. Possibly the real numbers have been concealed. Russia is the only country which compares with the US for nuke power. I watch with disbelief as the Europeans prod and goad the Russians. You'd think they would treat two and a half thousand warheads (just the current active warheads) with at least some respect.
foxdemon wrote:Of course the sensible way for China and America to fight is through proxies. Direct conflict would see destruction on an unprecedented scale. If the two nations can't find a way to accommodate each other, and things look like they can't, then we might expect to see one side's Muslims versus the other side's Muslims. But that has been going on for some time already. Like the Cold War, I suppose one side will exhaust themselves and collapse.

On a tangent, China doesn't seem to have a lot of nukes. Possibly the real numbers have been concealed. Russia is the only country which compares with the US for nuke power. I watch with disbelief as the Europeans prod and goad the Russians. You'd think they would treat two and a half thousand warheads (just the current active warheads) with at least some respect.

But then, what benefits do the Russian have if they nuke the heck out of Europe? China, Iran and India are either too warm or too resourceful to have enough interest in Russian natural gas.
A major US military build-up – including nuclear weapons – is under way in Asia and the Pacific with the purpose of confronting China. John Pilger raises the alarm on an under-reported and dangerous provocation.

I have spent two years making a documentary film, The Coming War on China, in which the evidence and witnesses warn that nuclear war is no longer a shadow, but a contingency. The greatest build-up of American-led military forces since the Second World War is well under way. They are on the western borders of Russia, and in Asia and the Pacific, confronting China.

The great danger this beckons is not news, or it is news buried and distorted: a drumbeat of propaganda that echoes the psychopathic campaign embedded in public consciousness during much of the 20th century.

Like the renewal of post-Soviet Russia, the rise of China as an economic power is declared an ‘existential threat’ to the divine right of the United States to rule and dominate human affairs.

To counter this, in 2011 President Obama announced a ‘pivot to Asia’, which meant that almost two-thirds of US naval forces would be transferred to Asia and the Pacific by 2020.

Today, more than 400 American military bases encircle China with missiles, bombers, warships and, above all, nuclear weapons. From Australia north through the Pacific to Japan, Korea and across Eurasia to Afghanistan and India, the bases form, says one US strategist, ‘the perfect noose’.

A study by the RAND Corporation – which, since Vietnam, has planned America’s wars – is entitled War with China: Thinking Through the Unthinkable. Commissioned by the US Army, the authors evoke the Cold War when RAND made notorious the catch cry of its chief strategist, Herman Kahn – ‘thinking the unthinkable’. Kahn’s book, On Thermonuclear War, elaborated a plan for a ‘winnable’ nuclear war against the Soviet Union.

Today, his apocalyptic view is shared by those holding real power in the US: the Pentagon militarists and their neoconservative collaborators in the executive, intelligence agencies and Congress. The current Secretary of Defense, Ashley Carter, a verbose provocateur, says US policy is to confront those ‘who see America’s dominance and want to take that away from us’.

anarchist23 wrote:A major US military build-up – including nuclear weapons – is under way in Asia and the Pacific with the purpose of confronting China. John Pilger raises the alarm on an under-reported and dangerous provocation.

Watching the current behaviour of the Chinese regime and their collaborators in Hong Kong, I rather think this news is quite good.
Patrickov wrote:
Watching the current behaviour of the Chinese regime and their collaborators in Hong Kong, I rather think this news is quite good.

I am sure you won't be saying that if there is a war with USA and China and this is now a real possibility. Trump has let the cat out of the bag and has confirmed to the Chinese what they have suspected. The real possibility of all out military confrontation.
anarchist23 wrote:I am sure you won't be saying that if there is a war with USA and China and this is now a real possibility. Trump has let the cat out of the bag and has confirmed to the Chinese what they have suspected. The real possibility of all out military confrontation.

The worst case is that my friends, family and myself dying horrible deaths (long or short alike).

If that could lead to the termination of those oppressors (Chinese, Russian and Americans alike), it's probably worth it.

In addition, isn't it possible that Hilary might do the same if not worse?
I will make the mistake of underestimating the stupidity of people by saying the elite in China and the US have no reason to go to war. Why would you destroy the masses that you want to exploit?
garrulousunlawful wrote:here in table from the site, indicates that in 16 cases 12 of them ended in war, in my book that spells out 75% chance of war between the two.

What you see on that graph is the before, and after nuclear weapons.

In the age we live the only time countries go on war is when one of them doesn't have nuclear power, and the Cold War has answered what happens when you go on a war against a nation with nuclear weapons, no one wants to push that button because when one does its all over for both.

China has an estimate of 260 nuclear warheads, while that's a lot less than what the US has (7,700 nuclear warheads), its more than enough to cause complete destruction of the nation, only a madman would provoke such war.

The only way either of them can "win" is by economic influence...
Patrickov wrote:But then, what benefits do the Russian have if they nuke the heck out of Europe? China, Iran and India are either too warm or too resourceful to have enough interest in Russian natural gas.

Were it the case that NATO threatened the continued existence of the Russian government, then the Russians would respond with nukes. If NATO doesn't pose an existential threat then the Russians won't start flinging nukes around.

One Degree wrote:I will make the mistake of underestimating the stupidity of people by saying the elite in China and the US have no reason to go to war. Why would you destroy the masses that you want to exploit?

As per the article I posted, it can get to the point that things spiral out of control. National elites don't think in terms of whether or not they should destroy the masses today, they think in terms of dominance and threats. It doesn't take much misunderstanding for two rival nations to find their mutual hostility gets the better of things and events lead to war.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Russia doesn't have endless supply of weapons and[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]

Starlink satellites are designed to deorbit and bu[…]