Duterte's new tirade against the US for not giving him as much as money as he hoped for. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Japan to Turkmenistan to New Zealand.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Americans are "sons of bitches" Duterte exclaims in new tirade while requesting American aid money.

Jim Gomez wrote:MANILA, Philippines (AP) — The United States said Sunday that it would work with the Philippine president to address any concerns after he threatened to terminate a pact that allows U.S. troops to visit the Philippines.
Duterte-AssociatedPress.jpeg
Duterte-AssociatedPress.jpeg (34.92 KiB) Viewed 3969 times

President Rodrigo Duterte was enraged after a U.S. government aid agency deferred a vote on a renewal of a major development assistance package for the Philippines over concerns about extrajudicial killings in Duterte's war on illegal drugs, which has left thousands dead.

Although no decision on the aid package has been taken, Duterte on Saturday launched an expletives-laden tirade, telling the U.S. to "prepare to leave the Philippines, prepare for the eventual repeal or the abrogation of the Visiting Forces Agreement."

He was referring to a 1998 accord that governs American forces visiting the Philippines for joint combat exercises. The pact has helped the Philippines contain a violent Muslim insurgency in the south and train and equip Filipino forces facing an assertive China in disputed South China Sea waters.

"You know, tit for tat ... if you can do this, so (can) we. It ain't a one-way traffic," Duterte said, adding tauntingly, "Bye-bye America."

The U.S. Embassy in Manila said in a statement that Washington would work closely with the Duterte administration to address any concerns it may have. It did not elaborate.

The White House didn't immediately respond to a request for comment, but spokesman Josh Earnest has said previously that the White House would not react publicly each time Duterte made an offhand remark.

The 71-year-old Duterte, who describes himself as a left-wing politician, has made similar threats before and after taking office in June, but he and his officials have walked back on many of his public statements, causing confusion.

While calling Americans "sons of bitches" and "hypocrites," Duterte on Saturday praised China as having "the kindest soul of all" for offering what he said was significant financial assistance. "So what do I need America for?" he asked.

He also said Russia can be a very important ally. "They do not insult people, they do not interfere," he said.

The Philippines had been slated for another aid package after its previous five-year, $434 million poverty reduction program was successfully completed in May under Duterte's predecessor, Benigno Aquino III.

A spokeswoman for the Millennium Challenge Corporation, Laura Allen, said Thursday that it would continue to monitor events in the Philippines before the next board review in March 2017.

The U.S. decision is among the first signs of how concerns about the rule of law and human rights under Duterte could entail economic costs.

The U.S. government, along with European Union and U.N. officials, has raised concerns about Duterte's crackdown on illegal drugs, which has left more than 2,000 suspected drug users and dealers dead in purported gunbattles with police. More than 3,000 other deaths are being investigated to determine if they were linked to illegal drugs.

At a news conference in his southern hometown of Davao, Duterte was asked Saturday how many crime suspects he killed while he was a crime-busting city mayor. The former government prosecutor again gave contrasting replies.

"Maybe one, two three ... I'm saying, maybe my bullets hit them, maybe not, but after the burumbumbumbum, they're all dead," Duterte said.

Replying to another question, he said that he indeed has killed, but did not provide details and tried to justify his act. "When I tell you now that I killed, do not term them as suspects because all of them died while they were fighting government people," he said.

He asked God for forgiveness in advance, saying he may not have time to pray if he's assassinated. "God, forgive me for killing these idiots," Duterte said, before blaming God for the presence of criminals. "You create a human monster, so if you are God, why do you have to create these idiots? That's why they die."
I read an interview in which Duterte claimed he used to ride around the town he was mayor of on a motorcycle, looking for drug dealers to kill. Wow, such high energy. Much justice.

On a more serious note, the situation is arguably a choice between vigilantism and the Philippines turning into a narco-state. A quick look at Mexico should make it clear which choice is probably better for the Philippines, even though vigilantism has obvious flaws.
a) Phillipines turning into a narco-state is non-sense, pure imagination based on nothing. The Philippines do not even register on the global radar of drug trafficking.
b) You being an American I find it difficult to rationalise, how can you be ok with a man calling you a "son of a bitch" for not giving him aid-money.
As much as disagree with some of his rhetoric, the people want him and he hates america, so I can't complain. But I find it very funny when alt-rightists say he's trump and he's on "their side" where it's further from the truth. He's actually non-racist and he supports African and Asian self-determination and Solidarity. And he's anti-west and UN. So no Alt-rightists you can not appropriating him as your ally.
He seems to be putting his country first, which I support. What he does in his country, if he has the support of the people, is okay with me. Destroying criminal gangs is something the rest of the world should consider doing more effectively. I don't see where being on the right or left should have anything to do with supporting him. It is his country.
Duterte: Give me your money biatch.
US: You know you called us "sons of bitches"
Duterte: That's because you are, you son of a bitch, and if you don't give me the money, I 'll become China's bitch.
Americans: He knows what is best...we are making American great again.
I just came back to edit my post, but not soon enough. The US should let him know there will be repercussions. I have been called worse, so that does not upset me too much. It mainly makes him look like an idiot.
The real question is how did the US screw up so badly for the Philippines to feel this way toward us? Could it be our demands to adhere to values they do not share?
It could be that this guy is just another third-world, tin-horn dictator. I think President Trump will make quick work of him. He can become China's bitch. They will be really impressed with him and invite him to Beijing, where he will have dinner with the second assistant chairman of the regional communist party. You know. A state visit.

If I were president I would cut him off without a cent. I would withdraw all Americans, close the embassy, and freeze remittances from Americans to their people in the Philippines. It would take about a week before he was hanging from a lamp post outside of Subic.
Drlee wrote:It could be that this guy is just another third-world, tin-horn dictator. I think President Trump will make quick work of him. He can become China's bitch. They will be really impressed with him and invite him to Beijing, where he will have dinner with the second assistant chairman of the regional communist party. You know. A state visit.

If I were president I would cut him off without a cent. I would withdraw all Americans, close the embassy, and freeze remittances from Americans to their people in the Philippines. It would take about a week before he was hanging from a lamp post outside of Subic.
LOL, trump do nothing, he said he wouldn't interfere, he can do all of the stuff, but still Philippines will be content with being part of Pan-Asian family.
No I don't think US screwed up, Philippines has social problems and it gets scapegoated on America. Most third wolders do this, their usual excuse for their failure is to blame colonialism and the white man.

I saw an interview with Duterte and he exhibits this third world mentality.

US mistake was not to crack down on him and put Philippines in line. With Obama in charge this comes as no surprise.

Duterte is a fool in the end though, for he is going from one master to another. And the Chinese are not going to be soft glove wearing libercucks about their dominance.
Albert wrote:No I don't think US screwed up, Philippines has social problems and it gets scapegoated on America. Most third wolders do this, their usual excuse for their failure is to blame colonialism and the white man.

I saw an interview with Duterte and he exhibits this third world mentality.

US mistake was not to crack down on him and put Philippines in line. With Obama in charge this comes as no surprise.

Duterte is a fool in the end though, for he is going from one master to another. And the Chinese are not going to be soft glove wearing libercucks about their dominance.

There's a good reason to hate America, you know the history it was like another Cuba just without a revolution and less racism. Anyway only a western shill will say shit like this, they're not blaming whites in general they are blaming the whites that run american society.
noemon wrote:a) Phillipines turning into a narco-state is non-sense, pure imagination based on nothing. The Philippines do not even register on the global radar of drug trafficking.
b) You being an American I find it difficult to rationalise, how can you be ok with a man calling you a "son of a bitch" for not giving him aid-money.

I dated a Philippino woman for many years (incidentally, never once saw it spelled with an "F" including on their TV station), we're still friends and inflammatory language aside, people almost never mean "every American" when they say something like this.

It's kind of like if I say something bad about Islam, some people will assume I mean "every Muslim" (which I don't) and then if someone says something bad about Americans and I assume they don't mean to include Americans who actually support what they are doing, they are like, why aren't you mad he just called you a **** :roll:

Edit: Also, your graph is probably not an accurate source. Internet searches turn up lots of things about the drug trade in the Philippines. According to this article I found at some site no one trusts (Reuters) the Chinese drug trade has been moving their goods through the Philippines at an increasing rate because it helps them avoid the authorities and it seems rational that they don't want to see an increase in this: http://www.reuters.com/investigates/spe ... ugs-china/
It amazes me why the Americans are worried about Duterte or why they bother to put up with him. Its time for them to leave the Philippines and let this man do what he wants. If he wants to align his country with Beijing, that is his decision. Afterall the Philippines is an Asian country and China is an Asian power. America has no real business in Asia and it does not benefit the American people. I'm not sure why they bother to defend a country whose leader keeps insulting them again and again.

Fake, it's reinvestment in communities attacked on[…]

It is not an erosion of democracy to point out hi[…]

@FiveofSwords , when do you plan to call for a r[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

There are intelligent and stupid ways to retain p[…]