Protesters Dressed like Klan Members Call Jeff Sessions Racist - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Before Donald Trump's pick for attorney general Jeff Sessions even got a chance to speak, several protesters dressed like members of the Ku Klux Klan made their views known as they shouted down 'Jefferson Bearegard' and called the senator a 'racist.'
In the early moments of the hearing, Sessions sat in the crowd with one of his granddaughters on his knee – four of his 10 grandkids were on hand – as Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, the chairman of the committee, brought of the Ku Klux Klan too – but Sessions' record in going after it.
Grassley talked about how Sessions oversaw the investigation of Klansman Francis Hays 'for the brutal abduction and murder of a black teenager Michael Donald.'
'He made sure that case was brought to state court where the defendant was eligible for and received the punishment that he justly deserved: the death penalty,' Grassley said.
Sessions' record on civil rights will be front and center in the scheduled two-day hearing in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee, the same committee that voted down a federal district court judge in 1986, over a number of racially-insensitive comments that came out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4VNNzhfMT
I have no idea where people have got the idea that Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III might be a bit of a racist. I mean, it's not like he prosecuted three black people for "mail fraud" for the crime of dropping off absentee ballots at the post office on behalf of elderly voters, is it? And it's not like he called the Voting Rights Act a piece of "intrusive legislation", or said the KKK were "OK, until [he] learned they were pot smokers", or called a white civil rights lawyer a "disgrace to his race". Oh, wait, he did do all of that. Oops.

Those damned libruls, using someone's own words and actions as evidence they might not be all that great. :lol: This is a guy who was considered regressive in 1980s Alabama, but now we're supposed to pretend he's an unknown quantity and "give him a chance"?
Heisenberg wrote:I have no idea where people have got the idea that Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III might be a bit of a racist. I mean, it's not like he prosecuted three black people for "mail fraud" for the crime of dropping off absentee ballots at the post office on behalf of elderly voters, is it? And it's not like he called the Voting Rights Act a piece of "intrusive legislation", or said the KKK were "OK, until [he] learned they were pot smokers", or called a white civil rights lawyer a "disgrace to his race". Oh, wait, he did do all of that. Oops.

Those damned libruls, using someone's own words and actions as evidence they might not be all that great. :lol: This is a guy who was considered regressive in 1980s Alabama, but now we're supposed to pretend he's an unknown quantity and "give him a chance"?

I suppose if Sessions didn't want to be known for those very ugly decisions and actions, he may have wanted to actually be doing things that would have reflected differently years later. My signature line seems appropriate here.
The best part is when they tried to arrest one of the protesters he sort of matter-of-factly informed the policeman, "You can't arrest me, I'm white. White people don't get arrested." :lol:

The Ku Klux Klan is the longest-running and most deadly terrorist group the United States has ever dealt with. There was a time when the Union dealt with these animals as they should be treated:

Then the first Johnson administration came in. And it was all safe-places and trying not to offend the traitors, to the point that they're counted as Americans and were allowed to make up their own crazy laws.

The Democrats had to have an internal civil war to deal with these assholes, culminating in the Klan-Bake when the "immigrant" wing of the party narrowly lost expelling the traitors, and finally being won when the "immigrant" champion, a Kennedy, kicked them out for good.

...For the Republicans of all people to pick up and promote:

Now the scum not only completely runs the GOP, but is virtually putting the Klan into the highest law office of the land.

...SAD!
@The Immortal Goon

I see even Wikipedia has distorted the origins of the KKK. I think you probably know they were not started as a racist organization. It was a small group of farmers who objected to their land being taken from them. Later three separate groups emerged. Yes, they became associated with racism, but I see no reason to deny that was not their original intent. They have not been a force in the US since the 70's, and they were not much of a force then. Trying to present the KKK as a threat today is laughable. They would have trouble putting together a football team.
The KKK were an organization aimed at undermining Union control and reconstruction. They were, in attempting to keep an, "invisible empire," trying to run a kind of Confederacy behind the scenes, which was pretty racist.

Their revival in the 1920s was very explicitly racist.

And, in the main, Sessions wasn't an active Klansman, so far as I know, but a fellow traveler with them. And it is the tendency, more than the specific group, which I was speaking of. Hence Atwater the crook trying to get the KKK and their related filth fired up about backing the GOP.
The Immortal Goon wrote:The best part is when they tried to arrest one of the protesters he sort of matter-of-factly informed the policeman, "You can't arrest me, I'm white. White people don't get arrested." :lol:

The Ku Klux Klan is the longest-running and most deadly terrorist group the United States has ever dealt with. There was a time when the Union dealt with these animals as they should be treated:

Then the first Johnson administration came in. And it was all safe-places and trying not to offend the traitors, to the point that they're counted as Americans and were allowed to make up their own crazy laws.

The Democrats had to have an internal civil war to deal with these assholes, culminating in the Klan-Bake when the "immigrant" wing of the party narrowly lost expelling the traitors, and finally being won when the "immigrant" champion, a Kennedy, kicked them out for good.

...For the Republicans of all people to pick up and promote:

Now the scum not only completely runs the GOP, but is virtually putting the Klan into the highest law office of the land.

...SAD!

Unfortunately Lincoln could not complete the Liberia project, now we still have to deal with this ridiculousness.

In the meantime, protestors peacefully assault ind[…]

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/178385974554[…]

Like all the fake messiahs of commercial media, M[…]

Why is it that only propagandist accounts are the […]