The Inauguration(Live) - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
@noemon
Thanks for the reminder. I almost forgot to watch.
By MB.
I found Trump's inaugural speech extremely disturbing. His demagoguery on this occasion was a mix of fear mongering and stump speech material, with a profoundly nationalistic and violent streak that involved the terms "blood" "flag" and "eradicate completely from the face of the Earth". Trump never seems to explain how he's going to pay for his infrastructure jobs (which the immigrants took!), let alone how he can, with a straight face, claim to be "returning American democracy to the people" when his cabinet is filled with hard-core Republicans and some of the richest people on the planet. The shocked faces of the people attending the rally seemed to convey a sense of sudden realization, that this man is in fact a ruthless demagogue, who will not mellow, who conned his way into the office with a massive voter deficit. Sanders, Hillary and Michelle Obama by far looked the most defeated, and Debbie Wasserman schultz looked as guilty as sin.

Go forth America, into your glorious destiny, to subjugate the world for your corporate masters, in the name of free market Jesus, toiling pointlessly on inconceivably expensive robotic space medieval death machines. USA.

https://twitter.com/potus
EDIT: Trump now has the twitter #POTUS which shows NO TWEETS. Bets on how long that lasts?

Obama is giving a farewell post-POTUS speech to his staff, check ABC.
http://abcnews.go.com/Live
Oxymoron wrote:
They should Tear Gas the fuck out of the Fascist Black Lives Matter.

Yep, stupid people will never learn. Anyway, I like to see you "altrags" try and do something. Cause my goal was to "harm" anyone in the altrag or trumpanze that disrupt them, and I hope to accomplish it sooner.
Tewodros III wrote:Yep, stupid people will never learn. Anyway, I like to see you "altrags" try and do something. Cause my goal was to "harm" anyone in the altrag or trumpanze that disrupt them, and I hope to accomplish it sooner.

Are you using Google translator or something?
Trump's speech was disastrous. It was full of heavy third world mentality. The US discovers third worldism. He talked about "Making Great America Again", so called middle class povery and lots of other empty stuff. He almost abondoned evey single aspect and founding principles of The US.

The man is naked and we can see how he is illiterate
Istanbuller wrote:Trump's speech was disastrous. It was full of heavy third world mentality. The US discovers third worldism. He talked about "Making Great America Again", so called middle class povery and lots of other empty stuff. He almost abondoned evey single aspect and founding principles of The US.

The man is naked and we can see how he is illiterate

You nothing of American principles Turkish Barbarian.
Oxymoron wrote:
You nothing of American principles Turkish Barbarian.

You're right america has always been a slave state it's principles is becoming a cancer to humanity. You people talk all these "american principles" but when the chips are against you, you reject them. America principles is to be a virus, the fact you people voted unironically for trump, even though his wife was a hoe, he has no experience in office, he had no moral values, he never care about the working class before, he never gave his tax returns, he broke the laws, he already have establishment members in office, he already say things that are anti-democratic. Already disregard the constitution, freedoms of many and the fact you were willingly to accept republicans unamerican bills, proves you have no principles. Then again I don't expect anything from people like you, and if I say anymore I'm going to get banned here so, I'll stop.
Tewodros III wrote:You're right america has always been a slave state it's principles is becoming a cancer to humanity. You people talk all these "american principles" but when the chips are against you, you reject them. America principles is to be a virus, the fact you people voted unironically for trump, even though his wife was a hoe, he has no experience in office, he had no moral values, he never care about the working class before, he never gave his tax returns, he broke the laws, he already have establishment members in office, he already say things that are anti-democratic. Already disregard the constitution, freedoms of many and the fact you were willingly to accept republicans unamerican bills, proves you have no principles. Then again I don't expect anything from people like you, and if I say anymore I'm going to get banned here so, I'll stop.

Listen Bro, we are not a Hyper power because we are nice guys. Our values are for ourselves, our relationships with other countries only matter if it is in our interest. Our constitution was designed to defend western ideals, represented by elected aristocracy. Everything else is liberal bullshit.
By Vyth
MB wrote:I found Trump's inaugural speech extremely disturbing. His demagoguery on this occasion was a mix of fear mongering and stump speech material, with a profoundly nationalistic and violent streak that involved the terms "blood" "flag" and "total annihilation".

It sounds to me like you're bothered by strong leadership and patriotism. You'd rather have a weak leader. Weak and compliant — just as the special interest groups like our leaders to be. Any "leader" that does not wish to destroy the enemy — or refuses to acknowledge that he has any enemies — is a cuck, a weakling. He is unworthy leading a great nation.

The U.S. has had too many weak leaders. This is why the government was able to be overtaken by special interest groups in the first place. Cucks in the highest government offices — that's the underlying cause of so much political corruption in the U.S.

Weak leadership is why there have been so many wars in the last couple of decades. Weak leaders are the puppets of the special interest groups pushing for all of these wars.

Weakness is the problem. Strength and patriotism are the antidotes to political corruption.

let alone how he can, with a straight face, claim to be "returning American democracy to the people" when his cabinet is filled with hard-core Republicans and some of the richest people on the planet. The shocked faces of the people attending the rally seemed to convey a sense of sudden realization, that this man is in fact a ruthless demagogue, who will not mellow, who conned his way into the office with a massive voter deficit. Sanders, Hillary and Michelle Obama by far looked the most defeated, and Debbie Wasserman schultz looked as guilty as sin.

I am not bothered by people having billions of dollars in wealth so long as that wealth is contingent on the fulfillment of public duties. Wealthy people should contribute to society something of at least equal value as the amount of wealth in their possession.

If you're a billionaire, voluntarily transferring your wealth to the poor is definitely one way that you could fulfill your responsibilities to the community. There are a lot of people in desperate need of financial aid because of the failure of government institutions to help them. While crackheads, degenerates, and illegal immigrants receive a tremendous amount of financial aid and government resources, actual poor people struggling with real poverty are neglected. So given the failure of government institutions to help the poor, I would be very happy if the billionaires in the world gave away all their money to those in need of it.

But giving your money away is only one way of fulfilling your public duties. Another way is to become the President of the United States and serve the country to the best of your ability; in fact, this is even better than giving away all your money, since you are in a position to produce a benefit that outweighs all of the wealth that you possess.

If Trump actually fulfills his promises (as outlined in his "100 Day Plan"), then he will have done more for the American people than he could ever accomplish by giving away all of his money.

The same applies to any wealthy people he has appointed to high political offices. If they do their job right, they'll produce a real and material benefit to the country that exceeds their personal wealth.

Giving money to the poor is one way to give back to the community; leading the country and serving the people is another.
Last edited by Vyth on 21 Jan 2017 00:09, edited 1 time in total.
Oxymoron wrote:
Listen Bro, we are not a Hyper power because we are nice guys. Our values are for ourselves, our relationships with other countries only matter if it is in our interest. Our constitution was designed to defend western ideals, represented by elected aristocracy. Everything else is liberal bullshit.

The constitution was to describe a libertarian society, one that wasn't meant to interfere in foreign affairs. So you believe in tyranny of the elite, all that bow to no kings was bullshit? Since we see you who you are, I wish you a painful horrid life with an excruciating end.
By Vyth
Tewodros III wrote:You're right america has always been a slave state it's principles is becoming a cancer to humanity. You people talk all these "american principles" but when the chips are against you, you reject them.

"American principles" are not just abstract ideals but reflect the nature of the people that originated those principles. So when conservatives talk about "values" and "principles", they are actually talking about the American people's collective self-image, intellectually abstracted and conceived as a series of universal platitudes. American principles are fine, but this tendency to universalise American values, thinking them equally applicable to all other nations — that is the real disease, not American values themselves. Americans need to understand that American principles are not lifeless abstractions that exist only in thought, but are collectively embodied in the American people. They are living and real only in your blood and flesh. Values that are not of the blood and flesh are lifeless, empty, unreal, and ultimately meaningless. Mexican blood will give Mexican values, not American values. But don't think less of the Mexicans for it; for you Americans are just as incapable of embodying Mexican values, as Mexicans are incapable of embodying American ones (collectively speaking; obviously there are individual exceptions). So Americans need not think too highly of themselves on that account.

You say that American principles have been a "cancer to the world", and although I happen to like American principles, in a certain sense I agree with you. Americans made the mistake of universaling principles that were actually specific to them alone; they then tried to fit everyone else into the same mold, leading to wars abroad in their attempt to impose their way of life on other societies.

That was wrong. It is equally mistaken to think that American principles could remain intact after replacing the people that gave birth to those principles with large foreign populations from every corner of the world.

So Americans should (1) stop imposing American principles on the rest of the world, in the misguided belief that every child is born with an American soul, and that if people from other countries live in societies that don't sufficiently resemble American values then those people are "unfree" and they need to be liberated from "tyranny"; (2) stop importing large numbers of foreign immigrants into their own country out of the same misguided belief that everyone can be molded after their own image.

As long as Americans continue believing there are no fundamental differences between people, they'll continue bombing other countries to impose their values on everyone while at the same time importing the rest of the world into their own country, destroying everyone else and destroying themselves at the same time.
By MB.
The sentiment expressed by the poster Vyth is a superb incapsulation of the bafflingly incomprehensible bricolage of ideas that the tea party alt right Trump faction embodies.

Most disturbing, of course, is the combination of authoritarian nationalism with a kind of conflicted will to power athiesim, that, amusingly, is not shared by the religious right - presumably more weak "cuckold" Conservatives- that are trying to sap America's blood strength, according to the blood and soil Bannon cryptofascists.

I am totally convinced that the Trump regime will consume itself, as it's ideaology is so inherently contradictory and, again, baffling. The fact that his supporters misconstrue propaganda with actual leadership is most amusing if distressing.
I am getting so tired of hearing him say, "make America great again", it sounds like it is from a lame advertising campaign that did not fully lift off the ground. It is such a broad generalization that really is not saying much. When he says it, it just sounds as sincere as a used car salesman telling you that every car he sells is guaranteed to last for another 20 years when in reality, he is selling heaps of junk and screwing people over. It is just sleazy to say the least.

I did not watch the inauguration live but of the lines I have heard, they do not reassure me that the USA is in capable hands. I am sad for all the liberals and all those who will suffer once Trump's policies are enforced. We the average people will get poorer and we will have to hold on for our lives.

Today is the beginning of another Dark Age. :borg: :borg: :borg: :down: :down: :down: :*( :*( :*(
By Hong Wu
Apparently the MSM has posted fake pictures of the crowd (hours before the event started), fake pictures of the protesters and lied about Nancy Sinatra being upset that Trump's inaugeration used a Frank Sinatra song. Riots were violent and including looting, fires and physical attacks. But at the end of the day Trump has begun the MAGA process, perhaps France is next!

MFGA (it's pronounced MEGA),

Yes I was using the word fun, loosely , ironicall[…]

Trans people are just people. They have no less an[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

You should impose your own standards on yourself.[…]

No, I want you to be happy. I will be happy when[…]