Women's March: Largest Protest in U.S. History - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

One Degree wrote:As far as I can see so far the result of the march was Trump immediately signing the abortion ban. He said his position on abortion was to send it back to the states. All the protests are doing is pushing Trump and his supporters further to the right, which the GOP will be encouraging. You may end up with a nation wide abortion ban out of retaliation. They really should stop and think about the possible reactions to their protests. I say this in sincerity because I support a woman's right to choose and the protesters are putting that in danger.

You completely misheard a news story. Trump signed an executive order cutting off funding to NGO's that offer abortions or even teach about it as part of family planning abroad.

This is one of the first things an incoming president has done in modern times. Obama signed an order to reinstate funding to these NGO's when he entered office. Bush Jr. signed an order ending when he took office after Clinton, who reinstated it after Bush Sr. cut funding, etc.
What was it all about anyway? Nobody seems to know. The only thing I learned is that Ashley Judd has bloody sheets and Madonna has thought a lot about blowing up the White House.
MistyTiger wrote:Sadly the women think that Trump cares what they think but he does not. He does not even let his wife say much when he is around. She just stands there and looks like a model.

That is correct. Trump does not base his cares on genital composition, but merit.

He just appointed the first female secretary of air force in US history. Not because she is a woman, but because her appointment was long overdue.
Igor, that is the very avatar of "I'm not racist, I have a black friend"

http://infographics.economist.com/2017/ ... aphic.html

Let's see, looking at cabinet level pics, Trump is 82% male. Not as high as W at 83%, but far higher than Obama at 52%.
Zagadka wrote:I believe the general concept is "get your hands out of my uterus and pay equally". Women, so fickle.

Ok. So they disagree on abortion. That's about the only thing that makes any sense. Trump is well known for paying women equally. The Clintons and Obama are notorious for under paying women. So what's the point of the demonstration on equal pay? Trump is basically on their side and they are protesting him being on their side. That's frankly pretty weird.
blackjack21 wrote:Ok. So they disagree on abortion. That's about the only thing that makes any sense.

<sigh> How about maternity leave? Planned parenthood? Pay scale? I mean, if you can't see the problems, I'm certainly not going to be able to point them out.

Trump is well known for paying women equally.

Is that before or after he sexually assaults them? Must be more expensive after.
One Degree wrote:The Supreme Court just needs to reverse itself and that would be the most likely method.
If you want to believe Trump signing the abortion ban right after the march was a coincidence, then be my guest.

Edit: Do you really believe Trump is just going to smile about the protesters and media insulting him?
The protests needed to be orderly and respectful to expect any positive result from Trump.

No, it doesn't. That isn't how the Supreme Court works. Abortion is legal nationwide because the Court found a right to privacy implied in the text. If the Court overturned that decision, abortion would cease to be a federal issue: it would be turned back to the states, as there's no grant to Congress in the Constitution allowing them to make laws re: abortion.

I don't care what makes Trump feel good. He should be afraid. How many protestors did it take at Maiden?
blackjack21 wrote:What was it all about anyway? Nobody seems to know. The only thing I learned is that Ashley Judd has bloody sheets and Madonna has thought a lot about blowing up the White House.

People aren't happy that Trump is the president and they demonstrated this by having the largest protest in AMERICAN history.

Whether or not this turns into local/state/etc. activism will be another thing, but it's a pretty clear message that Trump doesn't have a clear mandate, as was his 3 million loss in the popular vote.

Also the protest attendance was larger than Trump's inauguration audience so it had the added bonus of everyone knowing it totally got under Trump's skin, because he is a narcissist obsessed with numbers. He literally commanded Sean Spicer to go out and shout about how unfair the reporting of his audience size was, so you know it totally ruined his day. Trump has revealed himself to be a thin skinned baby repeatedly and getting under Trump's skin is going to be a national past time for the next 4 years.
The girls on the right are clearly college students at "Gender Studies". Madonna at her speech is clearly inspiration, suddenly she starts to bark several time, Fuck you, Fuck You, Fuck you, apparently a big deal for middle class white women to say Fuck You. These women are so crazy.

Palestinian armed groups in Gaza do have a histor[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong???[…]

Sure, but they are too stupid to understand, Trum[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is the issue. It is not changing. https://y[…]