Trump to Revoke Obama Transgender Bathroom Guidelines - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, I guess you can overthrow the existing order just to be mean to trans people. I will not help.

But again, the intention here isn't to be mean. The intention is to safeguard the symbolic order of nature.

"People create their own suffering." -Brian Kinney, Queer As Folk
Dagoth Ur wrote:lol your bathrooms have pink toilets? Haha Germany fucking sucks.

Oh and I just stroll on in to the girl's bathroom. People stare at me way more for going into the boy's. Because I am cute af, old woman.

You apparently do not object to all types of discrimination. :lol:
@Donald
Where should hermaphrodites be allowed to relieve themselves? Since God doesn't make mistakes in your view, have humans erred by failing to acknowledge and accommodate them? Also, what's the deal with circumcision? Why did God give Jewish boys foreskins if those with foreskins are denied entry into his heavenly kingdom?
What's the percentage of hermaphrodites in the US again? Is it even percent, or rather promille? Should we now make laws to accomodate every individual separately? Do you realize how insane that is? Probably not, the Left seems to have the monopoly on insanity these days.
One Degree wrote:You apparently do not object to all types of discrimination. :lol:

Dagoth likes to speculate about my age - for some reason, lots of PoFoites are obsessing over it. *shrug*
AFAIK wrote:@Donald
Where should hermaphrodites be allowed to relieve themselves? Since God doesn't make mistakes in your view, have humans erred by failing to acknowledge and accommodate them?

Hermaphrodites still must identify as one of the two genders.

Also, what's the deal with circumcision? Why did God give Jewish boys foreskins if those with foreskins are denied entry into his heavenly kingdom?

Circumcision is part of a covenant between the Jews and God.
Single user toilets may be a solution. The issue of who gets to use which bathroom is only an issue in public toilets where amenities are being shared by complete strangers. The tension of sharing a bathroom with strangers is lessened considerably by segregating them by sex this is why it is done that way. A woman is clearly going to be more comfortable sharing a toilet with strange women rather than strange men.

A single user toilet has no such issues, because you are not sharing with anyone.

Also many places like supermarkets and restaurants that provide public toilets also very often provide a single user toilet with special facilities for disabled people to use. These toilets are easily also usable by someone who is not disabled. If a transgender person feels uncomfortable using the toilet of their birth sex and are not allowed to use the toilets they want to use then they could just use the single user disabled toilet, which typically is hardly ever in use anyway.
maz wrote:In my opinion, the question should be "why is it important to force the majority of any population be forced to comply with the demands of a tiny minority of trans people?"

This made me picture tiny brains thinking, "Does not compute, does not compute, does not compute." :lol:
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, I guess you can overthrow the existing order just to be mean to trans people. I will not help.

Now, it seems you cannot provide a reason. Have a good evening.

That would harm anorexics, to tell them they are fat. How would it harm trans people to allow them to use the bathroom of their choice?

You have no basis or evidence this was done out of spite. The president has said over and over again this is a states rights issue and it was wrong for the federal government to write an executive order.
Donald wrote:Hermaphrodites still must identify as one of the two genders.

So it's humans who fail to identify the bounty and diversity of God's creation just like when we thought he put the Earth at the center of the universe.

Circumcision is part of a covenant between the Jews and God.

Because God goofed by placing excess skin where it doesn't belong.

SolarCross wrote:Single user toilets may be a solution.

Or a 3rd room with unisex toilets. Or put an end to segregation. If blacks and whites can piss alongside each other, why indulge other prejudices?

Frollein wrote:What's the percentage of hermaphrodites in the US again? Is it even percent, or rather promille? Should we now make laws to accomodate every individual separately? Do you realize how insane that is? Probably not, the Left seems to have the monopoly on insanity these days.

Trump is the one who's dedicating time and energy during his first 100 days to legislate the actions of a minority so I suppose you consider him to be insane. I'm just some guy enjoying his free time on the internet.

I guess acknowledging Native Americans is also a dubious use of a politicians time since they're such a small minority.
Frollein wrote:There exist other considerations than the individual's comfort level - for example social cohesion, and the comfort level of the community, which is greatly enhanced if members can confidently identify and assess each other.

Sure, but you were just talking about anorexics and self harm. Now you seem to be discussing other things. Can we assume that you are no longer arguing the self-harm argument?

Moving on to the new argument, are you now claiming that allowing trans people to use the washroom of their choice will have significant effects on social cohesion and community?

Gender, age, ethnicity are broad markers of identification and blurring them deliberately introduces a measure of uncertainty that erodes easy social interaction. To wit: the many snowflake outrages on the Asocial Media over "misgendering," the black community's upheaval over Dolezal's blackface, sorry, "trans-black" identification, etc.

None of these examples support your argument.

An individual's upset over being misgendered has no relevance to social cohesion or the comfort of the community.

Dolezal was not criticised by blacks because of her effect on social cohesion or community, but because she pretended to be black, spike for black people even though she was not one, and took jobs that were supposed to be for black people.

-------------

@Donald

Again, your religious beliefs about "the synpbolic order of nature" are not relevant.

----------------

maz wrote:In my opinion, the question should be "why is it important to force the majority of any population be forced to comply with the demands of a tiny minority of trans people?"

The obvious answer is that we should allow this because it has no effect on the rest of us. Much like we do not ban Pokemon Go or wearing ties.

Unless you can think of a way that it does affect the rest of us....

-------------

Finfinder wrote:You have no basis or evidence this was done out of spite. The president has said over and over again this is a states rights issue and it was wrong for the federal government to write an executive order.

First of all, I never said it was done out of spite.

Secondly, civil rights have traditionally been the purview of federal law. There may even be a legal basis for this that I am not aware of, as I am not from the US. So it is perfectly fine for the POTUS to write guidelines about this.

Finally, you have not shown how it would be a problem to allow trans people to use the bathrooms of their choice.
Trump is the one who's dedicating time and energy during his first 100 days to legislate the actions of a minority so I suppose you consider him to be insane. I'm just some guy enjoying his free time on the internet.

I'd say you spend much more time agonizing over this than Trump needed to put pen to paper and end that insanity of Obama, so no, I don't consider it insane to stop catering to a tiny (albeit vocal) minority. :)
Pants-of-dog wrote:

First of all, I never said it was done out of spite.

Secondly, civil rights have traditionally been the purview of federal law. There may even be a legal basis for this that I am not aware of, as I am not from the US. So it is perfectly fine for the POTUS to write guidelines about this.

Finally, you have not shown how it would be a problem to allow trans people to use the bathrooms of their choice.

Don't be obtuse, spite / mean spirited, same thing and easy enough to understand my reply to you. I don't have to show anything, this was an executive order. You might have an argument if congress had debated this and the president signed an actual bill.

Yes Chomsky - the Pepsi-Cola professor of Linguis[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

Iran's attack on the Zionist entity, a justified a[…]

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781393888227311712