Are Alt-Right just pessimists? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Yes, it's the whole half glass empty debate. Are the Alt-Right PoFo just pessimists? They tend to be against everything that has little impact with their lives. Whether it's transgender using specific toilets, same sex marriage, immigration or refugees. Whatever the subject, the justification they give seem extreme and never logical. And to cap it off, the issue itself seem to have little impact in their overall lives either. I have read 'Trannies are rapists', 'Marriage is a religious ceremony between different sexes only otherwise it goes against sanity', 'They stole my job', or 'They will blow us all up'. But when you look at figures, the stats to these claims don't match reality. So are the Alt-right just pessimists looking for justifications to their ideology no matter the absurdity of the claim or something else?
B0ycey wrote:Yes, it's the whole half glass empty debate. Are the Alt-Right PoFo just pessimists? They tend to be against everything that has little impact with their lives. Whether it's transgender using specific toilets, same sex marriage, immigration or refugees. Whatever the subject, the justification they give seem extreme and never logical. And to cap it off, the issue itself seem to have little impact in their overall lives either. I have read 'Trannies are rapists', 'Marriage is a religious ceremony between different sexes only otherwise it goes against sanity', 'They stole my job', or 'They will blow us all up'. But when you look at figures, the stats to these claims don't match reality. So are the Alt-right just pessimists looking for justifications to their ideology no matter the absurdity of the claim or something else?

I think they smell the gas coming out of left-liberal's mouths and are gagging on the putrescence. At some point you have stop politely ignoring people with demonic possession issues and burn them at the stake for the future of civilisation and also that self-preservation thing.

B0ycey wrote:Yes, it's the whole half glass empty debate. Are the Alt-Right PoFo just pessimists? They tend to be against everything that has little impact with their lives. Whether it's transgender using specific toilets, same sex marriage, immigration or refugees. Whatever the subject, the justification they give seem extreme and never logical. And to cap it off, the issue itself seem to have little impact in their overall lives either. I have read 'Trannies are rapists', 'Marriage is a religious ceremony between different sexes only otherwise it goes against sanity', 'They stole my job', or 'They will blow us all up'. But when you look at figures, the stats to these claims don't match reality. So are the Alt-right just pessimists looking for justifications to their ideology no matter the absurdity of the claim or something else?

What Alt-Right PoFoers? Are there any? :?:
They're true believers.

When I first started here, they were all Neo-Cons. When that became too obviously a shit movement, they became libertarians. When that was exposed as the obvious shit pile it was, they started drifting to what is collectively known as the Alt-Right.

When this is exposed as complete shit, I'm sure they'll find anything else that fulfills their deep seeded need for everybody to think they're victims while throwing temper tantrums.

We look to what happens in none western countries, and we do not want to import those values. We also do not want crazy people to force society to change our values to accommodate their insanity. Like the Transgender nutcases and the social justice filth.
I find it disappointing to find so many folks clinging to homophobia, or willingness to throw their mom's, wives and daughters under the economic bus. This stuff should have been resolved decades ago.

The alt right that I find disconcerting are the ones who want to take a wrecking ball to society, abandoning all reason.

And when ask what they see the day after they've unleashed the ball, their response is, "I dunno. Just get rid of it".

The guys have zero vision, but even more worrisome is thinking Bannon does.
People are angry but they don't know who they should be angry for so they opt for the easy scapegoats. Especially US people have been convinced that the only way for wealth is trickle-down, there are/were PoFo'ers who are unemployed and on welfare and openly support libertarianism. :?:

Kyklos/Anacyclosis/Recycling

Our political systems regardless if we recognise it or not go through cycles:

According to Polybius, who has the most fully developed version of the cycle, it rotates through the three basic forms of government, democracy, aristocracy, and monarchy and the three degenerate forms of each of these governments ochlocracy, oligarchy, and tyranny. Originally society is in anarchy but the strongest figure emerges and sets up a monarchy. The monarch's descendants, who because of their family's power lack virtue, become despots and the monarchy degenerates into a tyranny. Because of the excesses of the ruler the tyranny is overthrown by the leading citizens of the state who set up an aristocracy. They too quickly forget about virtue and the state becomes an oligarchy. These oligarchs are overthrown by the people who set up a democracy. Democracy soon becomes corrupt and degenerates into mob rule, beginning the cycle anew.

Today these cycles take place silently without the system being overthrown/replaced entirely but they still take place and citizens need to keep up with these changes so they can position themselves accordingly.
The Immortal Goon wrote:They're true believers.

When I first started here, they were all Neo-Cons. When that became too obviously a shit movement, they became libertarians. When that was exposed as the obvious shit pile it was, they started drifting to what is collectively known as the Alt-Right.

When this is exposed as complete shit, I'm sure they'll find anything else that fulfills their deep seeded need for everybody to think they're victims while throwing temper tantrums.

Who are you talking about? The only alt-right poster with a history here I know of is Donald. He was a libertarian Zionist when I started here, then he became a communist, and now he's supposed to be alt-right Catholic.
The Immortal Goon wrote:They're true believers.

This is a very simplified version of the events that transpired. Issue is that alt-right views are more coherent than Libertarian or Neo-Con so that is why there is support for it. Also the current state of affairs helps them support their world view. As a communist you should be able to understand the concept.
They believe that they are righteously indignant and they believe that they have found a moral high ground. When really, they oppose something because it makes them feel uncomfortable. They give in to their fear and hate of anything that is not in their book.

Having been exposed to rightwingers and liberals I can tell which ones are the more open-minded and the more accepting ones of change and progress. Liberals are ready to be the change in this world and they want to see progress in this country and in the world.

Conservatives want the world to be run by all the patriarchs, men who will do as they please even if it means ignoring women and not letting little people have a voice.

I dream of a world in which more women will have control in government and more women will run businesses and corporations and more women will be making the decisions that can make our world a better place.
JohnRawls wrote:Issue is that alt-right views are more coherent than Libertarian or Neo-Con so that is why there is support for it.

Donald wrote:Alt-Right is A e s t h e t i c s A s P o l i t i c s

God willing, our souls will be purified.

No, it's the same shit-fire it was when they were Neo-Cons, libertarians, or whatever the next flavour of the month was.

For anybody that was on the internet, I'm sure we'd all like to continue to forget seeing RON PAUL memes and hearing about how RON PAUL was better than sex. Though there was far less of an internet, before that, it was rightwingers coming in and screaming about how Neo-Conservatism was the greatest.

I feel quite confident in saying that in a few years everyone will acknowledge how shitty the alt-right is, and the true believers will have been led away by the new con artist that recognizes what precious victims they are.
The Immortal Goon wrote:No, it's the same shit-fire it was when they were Neo-Cons, libertarians, or whatever the next flavour of the month was.

For anybody that was on the internet, I'm sure we'd all like to continue to forget seeing RON PAUL memes and hearing about how RON PAUL was better than sex. Though there was far less of an internet, before that, it was rightwingers coming in and screaming about how Neo-Conservatism was the greatest.

I feel quite confident in saying that in a few years everyone will acknowledge how shitty the alt-right is, and the true believers will have been led away by the new con artist that recognizes what precious victims they are.

I can't say I agree with this since both the neoconservative and libertarian movements are still very much alive and relevant. But perhaps you might be talking about a general undercurrent of discontent on the political right that, for a time, looked for answers in these movements before finally manifesting in Trump's campaign/presidency. Even that is a bit shorted in my opinion, as I would describe it as a reaction against something that runs much deeper than Reagan and even implicates him in the conspiracy against Liberty.
I would agree that both libertarianism and new-conservative tendencies remain; but they were never the same thing to begin with. They simply became the greatest thing ever to rightwing people on the internet.

I guess I'm speaking strictly anecdotally, but it seems that in my experience the right tends to come in these almost predictable waves, each time congratulating themselves on discovering something new before it crumbles apart in their hands revealing it's more or less the same as the last time; and then finding the biggest charlatan in the room to rally behind before congratulating themselves on discovering something new before it crumbles apart...

Like I said, anecdotal, but no less so than the problem with the left in that it famously doesn't do this so much as break up into ever smaller and increasingly "perfect" groups that are powerless to do anything. And that's been true for at least a century, when Connolly (no stranger to divides and constant infighting himself) attempted to address the issue:

James Connolly wrote:I believe that the development of the fighting spirit is of more importance than the creation of the theoretically perfect organisation; that, indeed, the most theoretically perfect organisation may, because of its very perfection and vastness, be of the greatest possible danger to the revolutionary movement if it tends, or is used, to repress and curb the fighting spirit of comradeship in the rank and file.
JohnRawls wrote:Issue is that alt-right views are more coherent than Libertarian or Neo-Con so that is why there is support for it.

Wait what?

With libertarians or neo-cons you could at least have a half-way intelligent debate. Similarly with fascists or good old racists like Dave.

The alt-right is just pathetic.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hamas are terrorist animals who started this and […]

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]