Immigrants or Invaders? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
By fokker
Hindsite wrote:How is anyone going to watch it today, if it is forbidden?

It's not officially forbidden, I used question marks as probably no television will broadcast such a movie today. It's not racist or fascist, but government and media don't want people to imagine what could happen. But if you can get it, watch it.
Hindsite wrote: However, Jesus did discriminate against the unbelievers in Him for salvation, religious or not.
Can you quote the Bible passage where he didn't cure a person because they didn't believe?

Hindsite wrote:The Muslims only believe in Jesus as another prophet.
Yet they believe in God, How is it that they are damned for that? They're damned for a mistake or misinterpretation? Fuck your god if he's so lame, that he discriminates for the most inane of reasons.

Hindsite wrote: They believe Muhammad is the greatest prophet.
Maybe he was, and you're wrong. Have that ever entered you head? Probably not.

Islam has the SAME commandments, and the same God. Why are you trying to pervert a religion that is the same?
Please define "invader" and "immigrant". Thank you.

I won't speak for Hindsite, so this is just my opinion but I look at it this way. If you come to another country with the intention of trying to live in that country as a citizen, adopting the host nations ideals and values then you are an immigrant. If you come with the intention of trying to make the host country adapt to your values and ideals and to have the host country become like yours then you are an invader.
Syrian refugee teen takes selfie

Europe is experiencing a catastrophic situation comparable to the barbarian invasions in the Roman era. Mostly of Afghan and Pakistani origin, 6,500 asylum seekers are currently in Serbia and the Serbian government has asked humanitarian organizations stop all aid distribution to asylum seekers living in the warehouses. Angela Merkel is culpable of creating this humanitarian disaster and she invited them to come and settle in Germany after this TV broadcast. Many refugees are actually wealthy enough to own mobile phones, which makes them fraudsters or economic migrants seeking a better life in Europe.

Eamonor wrote:I won't speak for Hindsite, so this is just my opinion but I look at it this way. If you come to another country with the intention of trying to live in that country as a citizen, adopting the host nations ideals and values then you are an immigrant. If you come with the intention of trying to make the host country adapt to your values and ideals and to have the host country become like yours then you are an invader.

So, it is all about intent and has nothing to do with their actual actions?
The refugees in Europe are the middle and upper classes not the poorer classes that actually suffer the most damage from the events in their countries.
Those simply can not afford to go to Europe.
Thats why Lebanon, Jordan, Iran, Egypt, Kurdistan and Turkey are their destinations. They cant go any further.
But those who can afford to pay 5-6k for the trip to Europe, most Syrian, Afghani, Pakistani, etc people simply can not and could not possibly afford such huge costs with the situations in their countries.
Thats why when ever you see the topic of the refugee crisis in Europe coming up in lets say Lebanese or Jordanian political talk shows, there a single point that is always brought up. Europeans are taking all the middle and upper class people, all the money is going to Europe, and Europeans not only are still complaining but worse still sending weapons to the rebels and the Islamists to spread the war further. All while we take in the poor and suffer the bigger economic hit.
If my family was going to break up and travel thither and yon, I'd break down and buy a cell phone too.

The refuges coming here seem to be doing ok.

Hindsite

Re Syria etc. Why don't you help bail out the Christians and Jews? These people need help too.
Godstud wrote:
Americans have a lot of money. How come there are poor Americans? Are you getting money from American oil sales?

You should say things out loud before writing them down, so you can listen to how stupid these statements actually are.

Statue of Liberty quote does not discriminate against religion, gender, or anything else, and neither did Jesus. So why do you, who follow Jesus, and his teachings, choose to be so unlike Jesus?

All good points.

Why can't every American share in the profits of Halliburton and Exxon? We are all Americans so that makes us all brothers, right? Ohhh that's right...the rich bosses are selfish and greedy. Awww, now why aren't they sharing? :roll:
Misty Tiger

That's what the shock exchange is for. What you want is for the feds to drill as a new company, sell to a federal refinery, then put it on the market. Every one gets a well paid job, the profits go to reduce everyone's taxes.
Stormsmith wrote:Misty Tiger

That's what the shock exchange is for. What you want is for the feds to drill as a new company, sell to a federal refinery, then put it on the market. Every one gets a well paid job, the profits go to reduce everyone's taxes.

I actually was referring to preferred stock, the kind of stock that Halliburton only gives its employees or trusted personnel. The stock on the Stock Exchange is common stock. Dividends from preferred stock are doled out before common stock, pretty nice.
By Decky
The difference arrears to be only semantic. I am sure the Anglo-Saxons thought of themselves as immigrants or settlers whereas the native Britons though of them as invaders and occupiers. To this day Americans see their ancestors as immigrants to North American continent rather than invaders of land where people already lived.
Decky wrote:The difference arrears to be only semantic. I am sure the Anglo-Saxons thought of themselves as immigrants or settlers whereas the native Britons though of them as invaders and occupiers. To this day Americans see their ancestors as immigrants to North American continent rather than invaders of land where people already lived.

Some early Americans see their ancestors as explorers of a new land and others as settlers in a new previously uninhabitable wilderness in order to gain freedom from government imposed religion. The earky Spanish Americans probably see their ancestors as both explorers and conquerors.
By Decky
Some early Americans see their ancestors as explorers of a new land and others as settlers in a new previously uninhabitable wilderness in order to gain freedom from government imposed religion.

:lol:

An "uninhabitable" wilderness where millions of people already lived before the "settlers" came and committed genocide on them all so they could have the land to themselves. :lol:
Decky wrote::lol:

An "uninhabitable" wilderness where millions of people already lived before the "settlers" came and committed genocide on them all so they could have the land to themselves. :lol:

You seem to be a cynical person. May God help you.

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah.
Hindsite wrote:You seem to be a cynical person. May God help you.

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah.

You never defined your terms. Please do so. Thank you,
Pants-of-dog wrote:You never defined your terms. Please do so. Thank you,

I suppose you mean "cynical"

Cynical implies a sneering disbelief in sincerity, uprightness, and correct judgment.

1. believing that people are motivated by self-interest; distrustful of human sincerity or integrity:
"her cynical attitude"

2. concerned only with one's own interests and typically disregarding accepted or appropriate standards in order to achieve them:
"a cynical manipulation of public opinion"

For other definitions see the link below:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/cynical
Hindsite wrote:I suppose you mean "cynical"

Cynical implies a sneering disbelief in sincerity, uprightness, and correct judgment.

1. believing that people are motivated by self-interest; distrustful of human sincerity or integrity:
"her cynical attitude"

2. concerned only with one's own interests and typically disregarding accepted or appropriate standards in order to achieve them:
"a cynical manipulation of public opinion"

For other definitions see the link below:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/cynical

No.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Please define "invader" and "immigrant". Thank you.
Pants-of-dog wrote:
Please define "invader" and "immigrant". Thank you.

Basically I define immigrants as those who enter a country peacefully and lawfully with the desire to become assimilated permanent residents.
Invaders are those that unlawfully enter another country, often in a rush, with the desire to plunder or conquer.
By Decky
Invaders are those that unlawfully enter another country, often in a rush, with the desire to plunder or conquer.

The same way you lot came to the US then?

@FiveofSwords " small " Humans are 9[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Tainari88 , if someone enters your house withou[…]

Liberals and centrists even feel comfortable just[…]

UK study finds young adults taking longer to find […]