Trump fires FBI director James Comey - Page 18 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

I suspect initially, it will be faster, but then there will be a 2nd issue, and a third etc. It could take years to clean up this mess. Hopefully the Dems will win in four years. And hopefully, that will put an end the business of pardoning rich white guys.
David C. Gomez put it blatantly;

David C. Gomez, a former FBI assistant special agent in charge, said Trump’s comments demonstrated a profound inability to grasp the potential consequences of his words.

“In terms of potential criminal activity, it’s amateur night at the White House,” Gomez told The Daily Beast. “These guys—and Trump especially—don’t know how to not implicate themselves.

“On a big case like this, the ideal thing would be a wiretap on your number one subject,” Gomez added. “But in this case, you don’t need a wiretap. He just comes right out and says it.”
MememyselfandIJK wrote:On one hand I want this to go quickly so that Trump, Pence, etc. get impeached and we could possibly get a president that we could live with for four years until 2020 (I'm hoping Warren -- she's not great, but its the best the US has got unless something extreme happens before the next election).

Warren belongs to the Democratic party and is not anywhere on the list of people who could succeed impeached or deceased presidents. How could you suggest Warren to be the new POTUS without elections ? A coup d'Etat?

You can't find a single non-anonymous person with knowledge who will say that there is evidence of collusion between Trump and Russia, this includes some of Trump's biggest critics if someone presses them.
Not finding out the truth hurts you stupid fucking country.

You're talking shit, AGAIN, Hong Wu. Comey and others are NOT anonymous. :knife:

Trump televises his stupidity for all to see, and those who worship at the altar of Trump's orange dick, are gonna end up being fucked by it, in the end.
Godstud wrote:Not finding out the truth hurts you stupid fucking country.

Yeah America really needs to learn how to do political accountability, free speech and democracy. Perhaps they could look to Thailand to get it right
Strawman. Off-topic and nothing to do with FBI, Trump, or Comey. Would you like to mention North Korean politics, while you're at it?

Why are you conservatives so afraid of an investigation? I think it's because you know they will find something.
Godstud wrote:Strawman. Off-topic and nothing to do with FBI, Trump, or Comey.

You called America "a stupid fucking country". As far as I can make out the trigger for this outburst is that you don't think America is holding President Trump sufficiently to account. Yet you don't call Thailand "a stupid fucking country". That strikes me as entirely relevant.
Last thing I remember, was that Comey was an American, the FBI was an American agency, Trump was the US President, and millions of idiots put Trump into office. Are you denying reality? :lol:
Hong Wu wrote:https://youtu.be/TzrlpKtY2DY

You can't find a single non-anonymous person with knowledge who will say that there is evidence of collusion between Trump and Russia, this includes some of Trump's biggest critics if someone presses them.

Actually Putin offered to provide a transcript of all the state secrets president dumbass shared with the Russians he invited into the Oval Office.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Actually Putin offered to provide a transcript of all the state secrets president dumbass shared with the Russians he invited into the Oval Office.

:lol:

Anyways, I remain confident in my analysis because if Comey thought Trump was compromised, why is he waiting until after Trump fires him to say anything? Just one of many things here that doesn't add up. You guys should try to think about things objectively, as if you had no interest in them. You might even like it.
Hong Wu wrote: :lol:

Anyways, I remain confident in my analysis because if Comey thought Trump was compromised, why is he waiting until after Trump fires him to say anything? Just one of many things here that doesn't add up. You guys should try to think about things objectively, as if you had no interest in them. You might even like it.

I believe it is called "not bad-mouthing your boss." While Comey was working under Trump, he probably did not see any reason to speak against him. Since he no longer works on Trump's staff, he is allowed to speak out and testify, if subpoenaed, which is what he is going to do now. I am sure that staffers sign a contract to not say anything against the POTUS publicly, which explains why the ones who do speak out have to remain anonymous.
Ter wrote:Warren belongs to the Democratic party and is not anywhere on the list of people who could succeed impeached or deceased presidents. How could you suggest Warren to be the new POTUS without elections ? A coup d'Etat?

Sorry, that statement in the parenthesis was out of context. I meant the 2020 elections.
Hong Wu wrote:Anyways, I remain confident in my analysis because if Comey thought Trump was compromised, why is he waiting until after Trump fires him to say anything? Just one of many things here that doesn't add up. You guys should try to think about things objectively, as if you had no interest in them. You might even like it.

1. It is considered common practise for investigators to hold their cards close to their chests, choosing when to release snippets publicly to control it's impact.

2. Comey isn't investigating Trump per se, In spite of the presidents repeated attempts to becoming the centre of attention. Comey is investigating Flynn et al. Some people wonder if Trump's a little too close for comfort to Flynn, what with Trump firing Comey and Sally Yates because of their views on Flynn.
Stormsmith wrote:1. It is considered common practise for investigators to hold their cards close to their chests, choosing when to release snippets publicly to control it's impact.

2. Comey isn't investigating Trump per se, In spite of the presidents repeated attempts to becoming the centre of attention. Comey is investigating Flynn et al. Some people wonder if Trump's a little too close for comfort to Flynn, what with Trump firing Comey and Sally Yates because of their views on Flynn.

Flynn worked for Obama previously, even if he was guilty of a crime (which is yet to be determined) it's hard to imagine Trump being impeached over a holdover from Obama's administration. Impeaching Trump is clearly the end game here and if they limit things to Flynn, which is one way go make this whole thing look more rational, yet doing so would logically mean abandoning the prospect of Trump's impeachment under any normal circumstances, right?
Hong Wu wrote:it's hard to imagine Trump being impeached over a holdover from Obama's administration.

He wasn't a holdover; Flynn was forced out from the federal government (the DIA) in 2014. I'm sure you know that, but you want to try and shift blame for Flynn, so you distort reality. Trump willingly brought Flynn on to his campaign team, had him speak at rallies, and has been singing his praises even after firing him. The impeachable act may be Trump obstructing the investigation of Flynn. If he'd been willing to throw Flynn under the bus and claim ignorance of Flynn's activities, Trump would be in a safer place now.
1. It is considered common practise for investigators to hold their cards close to their chests, choosing when to release snippets publicly to control it's impact.

This.

And especially true of someone who's big mouth got him in so much trouble during the election. He is naturally gun shy.

Exactly. President Trump could have sailed over this whole mess. (Unless there is a smoking gun somewhere.) If he had (and this is a common thread) stayed mute on the thing he would not be in the trouble he is in now.

They have him on obstruction of justice right now. A first year law student can see that. His comments to the Russians confirm it. His best hope is that the democrats would rather have him than VP Pence. That very well may be the calculus now. Some moderate Republicans up for election are probably right there with them.

Flynn is going down. Big time. Whether he is visible to play the Ollie North role remains to be seen. No doubt a couple of other public figures will take a fall as well. The ones to watch are Jarrod and Ivanka.

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]