Trump fires FBI director James Comey - Page 19 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Haha haha... Daily Beast says Alex Jones reporting on James Comey perjuring himself was taken seriously by Wall Street two weeks after the Infowars video was released(because Comey's so called memo was also reported on, resulting in subsequent vids repeating the information) which then resulted in the US Dollar rising:

Maybe, just maybe, HE ACTUALLY PERJURED HIMSELF.
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/05/22/michael-flynn-to-plead-the-fifth-not-comply-with-senate-intelligence-committee-russia-probe/22103477/

Flynn will not comply with the Senate intelligence committee subpoena. He is pleading self incrimination. The cracks are widening.

I wonder if he has been promised a pardon. My bet is yes.
Hong Wu wrote:Flynn worked for Obama previously, even if he was guilty of a crime (which is yet to be determined) it's hard to imagine Trump being impeached over a holdover from Obama's administration. Impeaching Trump is clearly the end game here and if they limit things to Flynn, which is one way go make this whole thing look more rational, yet doing so would logically mean abandoning the prospect of Trump's impeachment under any normal circumstances, right?

Read @Prosthetic Conscience's post again.

Flynn was suspected of shady dealings for some time, but as far as I know, he hasn't been convicted, and seems so have been given a break or two. But he seems to be a clear case of damaged goods with bloody hands. President Obama warned Trump not to hire him, Sally Yates told Trump Flynn could susceptible to blackmail by the Russians. Trump should have listened and protected both your country and Trump 's own bottom, and not hired Flynn. If charges arise over Flynn, and I doubt they will, it won't be because Flynn was a "holdover". A weak case for negligence could possibly be cobbled together.

But the stronger case is obstruction of justice. And he has been hoisted by his own petard, hanged by his own tongue. Just like his bid to ban Muslims, three judges found his case wanting because of President Trump's speeches.

Crazy glue. A little drop will do ya.

And this is not limited to Flynn. The entire WH should up lawyer.

DrLee wrote:Flynn is going down. Big time. Whether he is visible to play the Ollie North role remains to be seen. No doubt a couple of other public figures will take a fall as well. The ones to watch are Jarrod and Ivanka.

There is a huge cast of shady characters. When, if this becomes a book, it shall rival Game of Thrones in the size of the cast and the magnitude of intrigue

The Ollie North case....George Mitchell's summery impressed the socks off of me.
Looks like Comey cancelled his meeting today, I think I said something about that happening in another thread.

He wants to talk directly to the special prosecutor according to an article I read. This means he wants things handled appropriately and not to pour fuel on the media fire unnecessarily, which is good if you aren't invested in the media hysteria...
colliric wrote:Haha haha... Daily Beast says Alex Jones reporting on James Comey perjuring himself was taken seriously by Wall Street two weeks after the Infowars video was released(because Comey's so called memo was also reported on, resulting in subsequent vids repeating the information) which then resulted in the US Dollar rising:

Maybe, just maybe, HE ACTUALLY PERJURED HIMSELF.

Comey didn't perjure himself if there is no memo, or if he's going straight to the special prosecutor so that the memo can be reviewed by him instead of interpreted by the media, which means we may never hear about it from Comey. The only indications that the memo might conflict with things he's said previously is a second hand anonymous source.
An anonymous source tells us that the prayer Trump made at the western wall was for a third scoop of ice cream. Trump is in high cholesterol territory!

But seriously, Comey's refusal to testify suggests that he doesn't think the situation is urgent, which supports all of my analysis so far that there is nothing to the Russians angle.
*goes into a thread about the FBI shit storm* "maybe if I keep mentioning that ice cream thing that was mentioned once a few weeks ago it will distract from Trump's current disaster?"
An anonymous source tells us that the prayer Trump made at the western wall was for a third scoop of ice cream. Trump is in high cholesterol territory!

God grant that he gets all of the ice cream his little heart desires.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Haha Trump was just calling people up asking them to go on TV and say he's innocent.

Trump is a moron.

Yes because asking your subordinates for their friendship and loyalty is somehow grossly inappropriate in todays dog-eat-dog rat-eat-rat world.

Apparently an innocent man telling his subordinates to stick up in public for him is inappropriate.

Gosh your country is so backwards sometimes.
colliric wrote:Gosh your country is so backwards sometimes.

Tell me about it. I have to bear it 24/7/365

Drlee wrote:God grant that he gets all of the ice cream his little heart desires.

Yes give him all the ice cream he wants!

http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/president-pence-and-gop-congress-could-enact-nightmare-right-wing-agenda

Wait no! Put him on a no ice cream diet!! :lol:
Last edited by MememyselfandIJK on 23 May 2017 01:47, edited 1 time in total.
I'm still making the ice cream joke because it's still working, which makes it still funny.

Notice that Comey's MO re: Clinton was that he didn't care about orienting the press against her, but when it comes to this Trump firing him / memo thing, he is keeping things on the down low. There's a few possible explanations for this but the most obvious explanation is that he lacks the ability and/or the intent to blow this up on Trump. My personal guess is both.
Sometimes I feel like Washington is currently stuck in that Star Trek alternate reality from "Mirror, Mirror" with the evil Kirk and Spock and to request a show of loyalty and friendship in anyway is currently an impeachable, executable offence.

Quick, someone take Trump to the Agony Booth!
Jeffrey Lord regularly appears as a pro-Trump commentator on CNN. On "Anderson Cooper 360," Cooper asked Lord whether he thought Trump should be doing things like telling the Russians that fired FBI Director James B. Comey is a "nut job" while under investigation by the FBI.

"You can't really defend it, in all fairness," Cooper said. "You can't defend what the president of the United States just said."

"I don't care what he says to the Russian prime – to the Russians," Lord replied. "I mean, he's the president of the United States. If he wants to say that, if Barack Obama wants to say whatever, if George Bush says 'I looked in his eyes and' – "

Cooper interrupted him: "If he took a dump on his desk, you would defend it."

Yeah, Cooper looks unhinged, like he hasn't been sleeping well, etc. I guess Godstud thinks that was a sick burn and not an embarrassment.

I suspect that after the special prosecutor comes back with something well below impeachment, a big media personality might lose it. The prospect of Trump being impeached is the only thing keeping some people from having to cope with the significance of recent elections.
It's the truth, whether you like it, or not. Trump's supporters would support him if he took a shit on the desk in the Oval office.

Look. You're doing it again.
colliric wrote:Yes because asking your subordinates for their friendship and loyalty is somehow grossly inappropriate in todays dog-eat-dog rat-eat-rat world.

Apparently an innocent man telling his subordinates to stick up in public for him is inappropriate.
Sometimes I feel like Washington is currently stuck in that Star Trek alternate reality from "Mirror, Mirror" with the evil Kirk and Spock and to request a show of loyalty and friendship in anyway is currently an impeachable, executable offence.

Quick, someone take Trump to the Agony Booth!

Or you could, you know, read the story and respond to it, rather than making up your own fantasy about it:
President Trump asked two of the nation’s top intelligence officials in March to help him push back against an FBI investigation into possible coordination between his campaign and the Russian government, according to current and former officials.

Trump made separate appeals to the director of national intelligence, Daniel Coats, and to Adm. Michael S. Rogers, the director of the National Security Agency, urging them to publicly deny the existence of any evidence of collusion during the 2016 election.

Coats and Rogers refused to comply with the requests, which they both deemed to be inappropriate, according to two current and two former officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private communications with the president.
A senior intelligence official said Trump’s goal was to “muddy the waters” about the scope of the FBI probe at a time when Democrats were ramping up their calls for the Justice Department to appoint a special counsel, a step announced last week.

Senior intelligence officials also saw the March requests as a threat to the independence of U.S. spy agencies, which are supposed to remain insulated from partisan issues.

“The problem wasn’t so much asking them to issue statements, it was asking them to issue false statements about an ongoing investigation,” a former senior intelligence official said of the request to Coats.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 386bd554de

See, the thing is, there is evidence. Flynn and Manafort got money. Republican policy about Ukraine changed. Now, that may be coincidence, and there may not turn out to be proof of collusion, but to deny there is evidence would be to lie.
It seems like everyone made money off of Ukraine, Podesta and the Bidens having made some of the most. In some ways it's a good sign if the people in power get held to a higher standard over it, though. I am sure anti-Trump animus is enough to make Flynn at least pay for anything he may or may not have done, since berserk never-Trumpers see one of Obama's old hands as their best opening against Trump now.

Are any of you even going to attempt to spin on why Comey cancelling his meeting is good for the anti-Trump movement? You guys are getting a little tame lately, if I don't get any push back I can't learn anything from this.
:lol: You don't want to learn anything from this.

[Zag Edit: Rule 2. If you keep at this rate, further action will be taken]

Trump and his lackeys are the most corrupt people to ever serve in government, and that's saying a lot.
@Hong Wu
Re: it seems like everyone made money off of Ukraine, Podesta and the Bidens having made some of the most.

Source please

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

Great german commentary: https://www.nachdenkseit[…]

Hmm. I took it a second time and changes three ans[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

is it you , Moscow Marjorie ? https://exte[…]