Trump fires FBI director James Comey - Page 20 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Godstud wrote:It's the truth, whether you like it, or not. Trump's supporters would support him if he took a shit on the desk in the Oval office.

Look. You're doing it again.

Well Bill Clinton already jizzed in the mouth of Monica underneath it.. Yet Democrats wanted to give him back the keys by way of voting in his wife(which I firmly believe should not be legal, spouse shouldn't be allowed to run). So from that point of view it's already been sullied.
colliric wrote:Yes because asking your subordinates for their friendship and loyalty is somehow grossly inappropriate in todays dog-eat-dog rat-eat-rat world.

Apparently an innocent man telling his subordinates to stick up in public for him is inappropriate.

Gosh your country is so backwards sometimes.

Just lol that this was the best defense of Trump you could possibly come up with. You typed it out, looked at it, and thought, "This works." Just lol that your first reaction was, "Trump can not fail, he can only be failed. And these men failed him."

Attempting to muddy the waters and interfere with an investigation into your own administration: forward thinking, modern, and enlightened.

Not sacrificing your reputation to attack an investigation you are not even involved in: regressive and backwards, like a tinpot dictatorship.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Just lol that this was the best defense of Trump you could possibly come up with. You typed it out, looked at it, and thought, "This works." Just lol that your first reaction was, "Trump can not fail, he can only be failed. And these men failed him."

Attempting to muddy the waters and interfere with an investigation into your own administration: forward thinking, modern, and enlightened.

Not sacrificing your reputation to attack an investigation you are not even involved in: regressive and backwards, like a tinpot dictatorship.

Trump did not interfere with the investigation into his administration. Trump rightly fired a weak FBI director who lied to the President. Then Comey leaked confidential information in an attempt to get back at the President. It was clear from his testimonies before Congress that Comey was a nut-job, who was not performing his duties in a professional way.
Late response but Comey leaked directly in response to Trump saying "He better hope I don't have tapes!" so lol at Comey calling Trump on his bluff and correctly predicting that he should begin documenting every interaction with Trump and creating an evidence trail.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Late response but Comey leaked directly in response to Trump saying "He better hope I don't have tapes!" so lol at Comey calling Trump on his bluff and correctly predicting that he should begin documenting every interaction with Trump and creating an evidence trail.

Well, it got Comey to finally tell the truth to Congress and admit he was the source of at least one leak of confidential information to the liberal news media. It sounds like you are admitting Comey began creating the documentation after he heard Trump's warning.
Comey's notes weren't classified information, he freely admitted that he handed it off to his friend for dissemination because of this. If anything, Comey is one of the most qualified people on the planet when it comes to determining how to write something that does not qualify as classified information. That's why his notes were made public; he knew how to write them in a way that would allow them to be released.

And no, I didn't. It also wasn't a warning, it was a bluff that he got called out on.
SpecialOlympian wrote:If anything, Comey is one of the most qualified people on the planet when it comes to determining how to write something that does not qualify as classified information. That's why his notes were made public; he knew how to write them in a way that would allow them to be released.

...if he said those exact words himself, I would immediately fire him. No humility is a bad character trait. Don't want that kind of a person on my team. Trump looks ever more justified as days pass.

Two of the world's worst accidental disasters were cause by two Captains that were "the most qualified the company had"....

Titanic and The Canary Islands disaster.

Wouldn't want a person who thought like that on my payroll.

I mean he didn't know how to write and release those notes in a way that didn't make him look like a self-righteous asshat and make Trump's firing look not justified... But ok whatever he knew how not to get in "legal trouble" despite the fact he'll never get a public service job ever again, and that's bipartisan too. Hillary would have fired him her first week and you know it.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Comey's notes weren't classified information, he freely admitted that he handed it off to his friend for dissemination because of this. If anything, Comey is one of the most qualified people on the planet when it comes to determining how to write something that does not qualify as classified information. That's why his notes were made public; he knew how to write them in a way that would allow them to be released.

And no, I didn't. It also wasn't a warning, it was a bluff that he got called out on.

For Comey to leak classified information would be even worse. When I mentioned confidential information, I was not referring to a security classification, but to the fact that his conversation with the President was confidential and covered by executive privilege.

Trump never said that he personally had tapes of the conversations with Comey. He said that Comey had better hope there were no tapes. It was the liberal news media that wrongly interpreted it to mean that Trump had taped Comey. You may consider it a bluff, since Trump never corrected the news media until he had milked it fully while driving the left wacky by telling them they would be very disappointed. Anyway, it got Comey to come clean and admit that he had told Trump that he was not under investigation, which appears to have turned out to be a lie by Comey. This lie about Trump not being part of the Russian investigation and not saying publicly what Comey was telling Trump privately was the main reason Trump wanted to fire Comey. That is, Trump wanted Comey to lift the cloud of suspicion against him as part of a Russian collusion to effect the election. There were many other reasons as well.
Lol no his conversations with the president are not covered by executive privilege when you don't invoke it and you have publicly discussed that conversation. And yeah let's pretend Trump wasn't making a bullshit move trying to claim he had tapes. It's the same dumbassed wannabe mafiosa shit an idiot apes in movies like saying, "Nice place you got here it would be a shame if something happened to it."

And no colliric, Comey admitted to giving copies to his friend at the hearing. Both events happened after he was fired. Also documenting the president's move to squash a completely justified investigation isn't self righteous. It's actually just being good at your job.

Please continue your ineffectual, whiny flailing guys I'm enjoying this. Please continue bitching because Comey, a lawyer and career law enforcement professional, completely outmaneuvered President Combover.
Hindsite wrote:There were many other reasons as well.

Mainly fired because of the reasons stated in the letter. It was recommended by the two advisors he be "disciplined" over his unprofessional behavior and attitude to his FBI subordinates whom Fox News had earlier reported many wanted him gone.

Main reason is the same reason most people are fired... No humility, not willing to work as part of the team(both at the FBI and as an important lateral part of the federal government, i.e as part of the current Trump Administration).
SpecialOlympian wrote:Lol no his conversations with the president are not covered by executive privilege when you don't invoke it and you have publicly discussed that conversation. And yeah let's pretend Trump wasn't making a bullshit move trying to claim he had tapes. It's the same dumbassed wannabe mafiosa shit an idiot apes in movies like saying, "Nice place you got here it would be a shame if something happened to it."

And no colliric, Comey admitted to giving copies to his friend at the hearing. Both events happened after he was fired. Also documenting the president's move to squash a completely justified investigation isn't self righteous. It's actually just being good at your job.

Please continue your ineffectual, whiny flailing guys I'm enjoying this. Please continue bitching because Comey, a lawyer and career law enforcement professional, completely outmaneuvered President Combover.

Firstly that tactic IS used by the underworld. Main game is extortion. Usually followed with the words "you should pay me and i'll look after the security for you, ill protect you from the other guys like me". What's more it usually works. Worked for Trump too.

And most people would define being "Good at your Job" to include dealing well with your superiors(Trump in this case), and dealing well with your subordinates/colleges(which Fox News and others had earlier reported was clearly not happening). As he was obviously not good at either, he was fired on just grounds for "not doing a good Job" as most people would define it.
Trump admitted he fired Comey over the investigation but yeah let's all pat ourselves on the back and pretend otherwise guys. Don't worry, I heard it on Fox News.

Whew, good job. We just bought ourselves five minutes of reprieve from the knowledge that Trump is a flailing moron who keeps tripping over his own dick.
colliric wrote:Mainly fired because of the reasons stated in the letter. It was recommended by the two advisors he be "disciplined" over his unprofessional behavior and attitude to his FBI subordinates whom Fox News had earlier reported many wanted him gone.

Main reason is the same reason most people are fired... No humility, not willing to work as part of the team(both at the FBI and as an important lateral part of the federal government, i.e as part of the current Trump Administration).

The letter gave Trump good reasons, but Trump admitted to the liberal news media that he had already planned to fire Comey before he got the letter.

There also needs to be an independent investigation into the Justice Department - FBI - Clinton collusion and obstruction of justice. Looks like a lot of illegal activity there.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Trump admitted he fired Comey over the investigation but yeah let's all pat ourselves on the back and pretend otherwise guys. Don't worry, I heard it on Fox News.

Which is also in the DOJ recommendation for anyone that bothered to notice, as one of several reasons.

Yet most leftards seem to believe he secretly used the word "Only" in his verbal confirmation statement of what the recommendation already said. I didn't hear it and neither did you.

He never said "oh that other stuff in the letter I sent, I recind all of it. He was 100% fired for the Russian stuff alone and nothing else, zip, zada, squilch.... Nothing".

The letter gave Trump good reasons, but Trump admitted to the liberal news media that he had already planned to fire Comey before he got the letter.

Comey was on thin ice already, Trump was trying to Olive branch him and maybe a second chance, and he couldn't care to see it. Clinton won, he would have been turfed immediately by the Democrats.
Last edited by colliric on 20 Jul 2017 02:46, edited 1 time in total.
Lol yeah the DoJ guy who wrote the memo, Rosenstien, immediatley ran to the Senate Intelligence Committee when they tried to pin it on him as his decision.

But lets pretend Trump didn't say in an interview that he fired Comey over the investigation and that he didn't repeatedly fail to ART OF THE DEAL his way into getting it dropped.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Lol yeah the DoJ guy who wrote the memo, Rosenstien, immediatley ran to the Senate Intelligence Committee when they tried to pin it on him as his decision.

But lets pretend Trump didn't say in an interview that he fired Comey over the investigation and that he didn't repeatedly fail to ART OF THE DEAL his way into getting it dropped.

No one is pretending anything.... You're being delusional. No one is denying he said that was a reason.

But I don't recall him specifically saying it was "the only reason".
Oh yeah there were totally tons of good reasons. Trump added, "and he said im innocent btw" because the investigation was definitely not something he was thinking about and was most certainly not the primary factor. Not at all.
Apparently flipping Comey's character to a villain again would have been too much for people, but pretending like he's a hero after he crushed the Russian collusion story and his memos never turned up is pretty sad.

Like I keep saying, this is the low-hanging fruit strategy. They'll take what they can get instead of staging a tactical withdraw. They weren't expecting to lose and their movement for now has become like a raging, blinded beast that can't help itself.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Russia doesn't have endless supply of weapons and[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]

Starlink satellites are designed to deorbit and bu[…]