Syrian war thread - Page 129 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By skinster
The Syrian Golan Heights according to International Law, the UN & the US State Dept consider it occupied territory belonging to Syria.

Back on topic:
By Igor Antunov
IN protest to Pentagon arming kurds, Turkey just leaked the location of all US bases in northern Syria. The full leak has troops composition and special forces numbers.

Also Trump just axed the CIA program in Syria. No more arms for idlib rebels. (via the CIA)

Anyway, we can see the SDF is a bonafied puppet proxy group, 100% reliant on US air support and material supplies.
skinster wrote:https://twitter.com/allidoisowen/status/887816289317781504

Good, it's about time. We all knew this, for years, while most people in the West, including most of the Western posters on PoFo, refused to accept the obvious fact that the CIA/US government was involved, from the start, in arming rebels to oust someone they didn't like.

I'm guessing it will also be a while before people similarly realize it was the rebels who used chemical weapons to garner sympathy, rather than being used by the Syrian government that was already winning and had no reason to invite illegal, destabilizing Western military intervention using CW as an excuse.

This is probably one of the few good things Trump has done, and will ever do, in his job as POTUS. His pre-election stance on Syria was sane, reasonable, and in support for ceasing funding/training Islamic terrorists. Hopefully the US fucks off from Syria and lets the SAA crush the Islamists and rebuild Syria. If Hillary had won, we would be expanding the war in Syria, and who knows where else.

In related news, John McCain who was funding terrorists in Syria (and beyond) has brain cancer. :)

For a man who saw war firsthand, and was tortured regularly for a long time, it's interesting how he has no qualms about his insane warhawk policies.
By One Degree
For a man who saw war firsthand, and was tortured regularly for a long time, it's interesting how he has no qualms about his insane warhawk policies.

@Bulaba Jones I think I might want some revenge on somebodyanybody if I went through what he did.
By skinster
Bulaba Jones wrote:For a man who saw war firsthand, and was tortured regularly for a long time, it's interesting how he has no qualms about his insane warhawk policies.

He signed up to join a genocidal war against the Vietnamese, who he referred to quite recently as "the gooks".

Still, even with his diagnosis he finds the time to tweet:

Back on topic:

By Ter
I hope the Kurds can carve out their own country due to this civil war.
Fuck Turkey, fuck Erdogan.
Also : fuck Iran, fuck Hezbollah !
Also : fuck Isis of course.
anyone else needs fucking?
By Hindsite
skinster wrote:In related news, John McCain who was funding terrorists in Syria (and beyond) has brain cancer. :)

I have learned that what some people call terrorists, other people call rebels or freedom fighters.
I noticed that something seemed to be wrong with John McCain when I saw him ask questions in the congressional hearings. I never thought of brain cancer. I wish the best for him and his family. I also pray for his quick recovery so he can vote to repel Obamacare.
By ingliz
the secret program

Not much of a secret program. It is, and was, common knowledge that the CIA were arming and training al-Nusra (al-Qaeda in Syria).

:lol:
By Hindsite
skinster wrote:https://twitter.com/JulianAssange/status/888408842186485760

It is our hope that the Trump administration will be able to also drain the swamp of the liberals in the intelligence communities. The Justice Department still has too many hold overs from the Obama administration that are bad for USA. The liberal Democrats are doing everything they can to prevent or slow down Trump's agenda. The liberal news media is also in collusion with the entrenched liberal government. It appears it is going to be up to the voters to get rid of the RINOs and put some real Republican conservatives in their place. Then the swamp can really be drained and we can Make America Great Again, Greater Than Ever Before.
By pikachu

Could the widely prophesied war of greater Idlib finally be upon us? HTS is rapidly taking over the border with Turkey to prevent potential reinforcements from coming in to Ahrar or others. Ahrar put up some resistance at first but then seemingly gave up, partially disintegrated, and ran away from the north without a fight. Faylaq and FSA factions haven't lifted a finger to help either side, surprisingly, effectively giving HTS a green light to destroy Ahrar. It's interesting that FSA-brand factions often seem to prefer HTS over alternatives like Ahrar or Jaish al Islam. Not sure what Turkey is doing. Shouldn't they be calling upon all their proxies to gangbang HTS with everything they have about now? Also the US has stopped bombing HTS a while back, some dirty schemes are happening. Do they want greater Idlib to fall to HTS first?? Why would they want that?

Great german commentary: https://www.nachdenkseit[…]

Hmm. I took it a second time and changes three ans[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

is it you , Moscow Marjorie ? https://exte[…]

This year, Canada spent more paying interest on it[…]