Anti-Social Elements in the UK - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
As I always say class in the UK has more in common with the Indian caste system than it does with the class systems of other industrial western economies.

Indeed. One of Thatcher's ambitions in the 1980s was to destroy the working class as a political force and even as a class identity. Her frequently stated ideal was that Britain should become "a home-owning democracy" in which almost everyone would self-identify as "middle-class" (in some vaguely defined sense), as they do in America or in most of the continental European nations. She clearly underestimated the cultural inertia of the British class system, and therefore failed miserably.
Potemkin wrote:Indeed. One of Thatcher's ambitions in the 1980s was to destroy the working class as a political force and even as a class identity. Her frequently stated ideal was that Britain should become "a home-owning democracy" in which almost everyone would self-identify as "middle-class" (in some vaguely defined sense), as they do in America or in most of the continental European nations. She clearly underestimated the cultural inertia of the British class system, and therefore failed miserably.

And, of course, the total incompetence of the capitalist housing market.
And, of course, the total incompetence of the capitalist housing market.

Heresy! Market failures are a filthy lie of the dirty commies! The Invisible Hand unerringly guides the markets towards their destined apotheosis of equilibrium at maximal efficiency, its wonders to perform. HalleluYah! :angel:

[/Hindsite]
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls No. Your perception of it is not. I g[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'd be totally happy for us to send ground troop i[…]

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's promo[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]