ICE Announces Crackdown on MS13 Gang - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

ICE announces largest anti-gang crackdown in agency history

Immigration and Customs Enforcement said Thursday that its investigative branch, along with other law enforcement agencies, has arrested 1,378 people across the United States in recent weeks in what officials called the largest anti-gang crackdown in the agency’s history.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/so ... story.html
I could not open the 'Washington Post' link without a subscription. I can't find the story anywhere else.

@Zagadka
Einstein did not say that?
From Prohibition to today, from one depraved socio-economic underclass to another, it warms my heart that the american system keeps on working so well.

A surface solution is better than nothing, I guess.
MadMonk wrote:From Prohibition to today, from one depraved socio-economic underclass to another, it warms my heart that the american system keeps on working so well.

A surface solution is better than nothing, I guess.

It would work great if we could somehow get the liberals Democrat population down to 20% or Lower.
President Trump is slated to make a major law enforcement and immigration policy speech in Long Island, N.Y., on Friday, laying out the administration's plan to defeat the MS-13 gang.

The speech will center on an appeal to legislators and an offer of support to law enforcement officials at every level, according to a senior administration official speaking on background.

Trump is also expected to take a hard line on the link between immigration enforcement and the rise of gang-related crime, the official said.

"Migration is the principal factor that is responsible for MS-13," the official said, adding that Trump chose Long Island to "demonstrate humanitarian consequences of failing to enforce immigration laws."

Last week, law enforcement officials announced the arrest of 15 MS-13 members linked to four murders on Long Island in April. Authorities have linked 17 murders on Long Island to the gang since January 2016, The New York Times reported.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... ong-island

The Trump administration is targeting MS-13 as part of the crackdown on illegal immigration and human smuggling. MS-13 is responsible for at least 17 murders on Long Island since January 2016, where he is going to make a major immigration speech.
Why would we object to this? We should cheer them for it. I hope ICE deports every immigrant gang-banger in the country. We would all be better off for it. The Latino community more than any other.

Wow.
While I totally support hunting down these gang members (I did grow up in LA in the 80s and 90s, so kinda familiar with that scene), I don't see why ICE would be the spearpoint. I would assume they would come in after relevant agencies cleaned shop and get rid of the illegals.
Who entered the country simply by saying, "May I have asylum?" Here is your bus ticket, have fun.

:lol:

1. The implication that he's a super hero going into a hostile situation is fucking hillarious

2. Long Island is one of the richest parts of the country with one of the largest billionaires-by-square mile areas in the world. Call me when Trump decides to go to Long Beach.

3. This year has already had the lowest amount of gang violence in New York in decades:

NYT wrote:A steep drop in gang violence last year drove shootings in New York City to the lowest number in at least a quarter-century, Police Department data shows, a result of what police officials say has been a focus on gang takedowns and targeted arrests in some of the city’s roughest neighborhoods.

The internal police data, obtained by The New York Times, paints a detailed portrait of the motives, locations and circumstances behind murders and shootings for the last two years.

Gang-related shootings fell to 412 in 2016, from 560 the year before, according to the data, which tracked shootings and murders through Dec. 28 of each year. Gang-related killings dropped to 79 in 2016, from 129 in 2015.

Those drop-offs helped push citywide shootings to a new low of 998 by year’s end, police officials said, down from 1,138 in 2015. Murders also fell, to 335 from 352 the year before.

The New York City police commissioner, James P. O’Neill, has noted the department’s efforts to push shootings below 1,000 for the first time since at least the early 1990s, when the police began keeping similar records. Mr. O’Neill and Mayor Bill de Blasio were expected to discuss those efforts at a news conference in Brooklyn on Wednesday.

He's obviously a charlatan trying to take credit for something he has nothing to do with. It would be profoundly idiotic to look at these actions and conclude that he's doing something great.
Doesn't matter. The implication is clear, "Obama helped create the problem and I am correcting it."
The super hero aspect adds a humorous impact . :lol: l like it.
That's the implication he's giving, but the fact is that under Obama gang violence in Long Island was at a historic low.

There will be people too stupid to know that, and the Democrats are completely incopentant and couldn't broadcast it, so I'm sure it will work when Trump takes credit for something he had nothing to do with by doing the opposite of what actually worked, and his dummies will lovingly sniff their master's hand.
The Immortal Goon wrote:That's the implication he's giving, but the fact is that under Obama gang violence in Long Island was at a historic low.

There will be people too stupid to know that, and the Democrats are completely incopentant and couldn't broadcast it, so I'm sure it will work when Trump takes credit for something he had nothing to do with by doing the opposite of what actually worked, and his dummies will lovingly sniff their master's hand.

That is because the liberal Democrats and the Obama administration kept it quite to minimize how serious the problem was. I bet you did not know how serious the problem was until the Trump Administration's recent announcement of their crackdown. You have been duped. Sorry that the Dems kept you so ignorant.
Who needs evidence, TIG, when you have a literal, completely arbitrary opinion based on nothing? You act as if this is a politics forum or something, where, if someone suddenly says "I choose to believe reality looks like this, because I just want to," that they're supposed to have something concrete to back up a serious claim, like the NYPD has been managing to juke their stats for almost two decades despite intense public scrutiny of their entire records system for 20 years as people use the stats for research, or to see if the stats are false.

I expected better from you, TIG. Your arbitrary feelings always trump facts and reality, and it is thanks to noble keepers of that flame, like Hindsite, to keep that spirit alive.
The Immortal Goon wrote:Perhaps. I'm not saying the Democrats are fair players.

Perhaps you could provide some kind of evidence besides your precious snowflake feelings...

America Doesn't Have a Gun Problem, It Has a Gang Problem
The country's real "gun culture" is controlled by the urban Democratic machine.
December 30, 2012 Daniel Greenfield 26

Chicago’s murder rate of 15.65 per 100,000 people looks nothing like the American 4.2 rate, the Midwestern 4.5 or the Illinois’ 5.6 rates, but it does look like the murder rates in failed countries like Rwanda, Sierra Leone and Zimbabwe. To achieve Chicago’s murder rate, African countries usually have to experience a bloody genocidal civil war or decades of tyranny.

But Chicago isn’t even all that unique. Or the worst case scenario. That would be New Orleans which at an incredible 72.8 murder rate is ten times higher than the national average. If New Orleans were a country, it would have the 2nd highest murder rate in the world, beating out El Salvador.

Louisiana went red for Romney 58 to 40, but Orleans Parish went blue for Obama 80 to 17.

St. Louis has a murder rate just a little lower than Belize. Baltimore has a worse murder rate than South Africa and Detroit has a worse murder rate than Colombia. Obama won both St. Louis and Baltimore by comfortable margins. He won Detroit’s Wayne County 73 to 26.

Homicide rates like these show that something is broken, but it isn’t broken among the Romney voters rushing to stock up on assault rifles every time Obama begins threatening their right to buy them; it’s broken among Obama’s base.

Any serious conversation about gun violence and gun culture has to begin at home; in Chicago, in Baltimore, in New York City, in Los Angeles and in Washington, D.C.

Voting for Obama does not make people innately homicidal. Just look at Seattle which is agonizing over its 26 murders. That's about the same number of murders as East St. Louis which has only 27,000 people to Seattle's 620,000.

So what is happening in Chicago to drive it to the gates of hell ahead of Zimbabwe and Rwanda?

A breakdown of the Chicago killing fields shows that 83% of those murdered in Chicago last year had criminal records. In Philly, it’s 75%. In Milwaukee it’s 77% percent. In New Orleans, it’s 64%. In Baltimore, it’s 91%. Many were felons who had served time. And as many as 80% of the homicides were gang related.

Chicago’s problem isn’t guns; it’s gangs. Gun control efforts in Chicago or any other major city are doomed because gangs represent organized crime networks which stretch down to Mexico, and trying to cut off their gun supply will be as effective as trying to cut off their drug supply.

America’s murder rate isn’t the work of the suburban and rural homeowners who shop for guns at sporting goods stores and at gun shows, and whom news shows profile after every shooting, but by the gangs embedded in the urban areas controlled by the Democratic machine. The gangs who drive up America’s murder rate look nothing like the occasional mentally ill suburban white kid who goes off his medication and decides to shoot up a school. Lanza, like most serial killers, is a media aberration, not the norm.

National murder statistics show that blacks are far more likely to be killers than whites and they are also far more likely to be killed. The single largest cause of homicides is the argument. 4th on the list is juvenile gang activity with 676 murders, which combined with various flavors of gangland killings takes us nearly to the 1,000 mark. America has more gangland murders than Sierra Leone, Eritrea and Puerto Rico have murders.

Our national murder rate is not some incomprehensible mystery that can only be attributed to the inanimate tools, the steel, brass and wood that do the work. It is largely the work of adult males from age 18 to 39 with criminal records killing other males of that same age and criminal past.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/171576/ ... greenfield

As you may note this story was from 2012 and Obama and the Democrats didn't do anything about it other than call for more gun control laws.
Let's keep on topic here, this is a citation from your own source:

Gothamist wrote:Last week, Mayor Bloomberg proudly announce that the city's incarceration rate has dramatically dropped over the course of his administration compared with the rest of the country—and now he may have another reason to boast about the city's crime stats. There have been 414 murders in NYC in 2012, compared with 508 at this point last year. So unless something truly horrible happens over the next five days, NYC will end 2012 with the lowest number of murders in the last 50 years.

“I’m thankful for the fact that this year there will be the lowest number of murders that we’ve had since we started to record them in 50 years, even though the population is as high as it’s ever been,” Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said. “I think it’s important for the public to know that we have had a fair amount of success in New York and we’re moving in the right direction." Amazingly, as we previously noted, if trends hold over this last week, more people will have died by suicide than by murder in 2012.

The current record low of 471 was set in 2009. There were 536 murders in 2010 and 515 in 2011. But for the first time since records were available, no single precinct has exceeded 20 homicides so far. Soundview in the Bronx has the most, with 18 (same as it had last year). On the other hand, the Lower East Side has had zero murders this year, compared to five last year; only three people have been murdered so far in Sheepshead Bay, compared to 14 last year. Staten Island has shown the most significant drop in murders, from 16 last year to nine in 2012.

It's worth noting that a record number of people have been arrested since Bloomberg came to office. There were 338,788 collars in 2002 compared to 413,573 last year; there were 98,000 stop-and-frisks in Bloomberg's first term, compared with nearly 700K last year, a 600 percent increase. And all those numbers are expected to have gone up in 2012.

And of course, people disagree about what should be credited for the murder drop: "There's a good relationship between the precinct and the community,” said City Councilman Jumaane Williams. “It’s not because of stop-and-frisk.” State Sen. Martin Golden, who represents Sheepshead Bay, disagreed: “If you think that stop-and-frisk isn’t playing a role, then you are fooling yourself,” Golden said. “The Police Department is doing an outstanding job.”

In conjunction with the citation I gave for 2017, the trend is that gang related crime--especially in New York--has been plummeting for years.

Trump is going there to take credit for something he has nothing to do with. Which, fair enough, this is politics.

But a wise man wouldn't be fooled by this kind of charlatan hand waving.

You are a supporter of the genocide against the P[…]

@skinster well, you've been accusing Israel of t[…]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]

Candace Owens

... Too bad it's not as powerful as it once was. […]