French President Emmanuel Macron is in the middle of a social media firestorm - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

B0ycey wrote:Just to be clear, Macron didn't imply superiority of nations. He was asked why Africa doesn't have a Marshall Plan and his response was that one civilisation has more problems than the other so today it isn't right to do so (as the money would likely not go to the right areas due to corruption). This is true. It is also not racist or sexest to say unsustainable birthrates are part of the problem. Its a fact. Do you think say $13 billion of aid to rebuild Africa is easier to execute with a population of 1.2 billion or say 150 million? Remember I am not a SJW. I am a Centrist. And I don't believe Africa should have special treatment when it comes to being honest with them. You can't put your head in the sand and pretend there is no problems there. So no. Macron wasn't racist, he just had the balls to be frank. Nonetheless I do find it ironic you can defend the use of the N-word but can't accept logic when it comes to racism.

I don't agree that he is racist, but it's easy see why he was charged with racism when the definition of the term has become ever more nebulous.

Using the term civilisation (instead of nation) doesn't make any difference. By the left's/progressive standards today the only acceptable way to talk about Africa's problems is through the lense of European colonialism, its legacy and US/European imperialism and therefore as a general rule non-white people must not be blamed for their own misery.

As for the comparison with the use of the N word in the other thread, this was a case where a woman used it, quite likely without even thinking of black people. The only conclusion that we can draw with certainty is that by using the phrase, she's demonstrated that she's out of touch. On the other hand, what the French president said leaves no doubt that he thinks African civilisation is worse than, say, European civilisation. Personally, I think neither warrants a backlash, but the latter is an explicit negative judgment of Africans and their societies.

Beren wrote:He's a pragmatist basically, like Obama was, although Obama was never perceived like that. Maybe because he never ran on a centrist platform, which would be suicidal in America.

It's too early for me to say much about Macron, but I think it's unlikely that Obama would have publicly spoken in the same way about Africa.
Potemkin wrote:European nations aren't prosperous societies because we have fewer children; we have fewer children because we live in prosperous societies. ...

And just to add to this, Libya - before NATO destroyed it - was the most developed nation in Africa and its birthrate was falling as education attainment rose. Now that it has been destroyed (by France and others), its birthrate will probably climb.

Secondly, what sense does a "Marshall Plan" make when the Western nations are still bombing and destroying the region that needs reconstruction?

Thirdly, Africa's biggest problems are caused by the West itself and its parasitic banks that hollow out every nation they are allowed to touch (now, Libya!). To think that a big cheque from an Occidental Daddy Warbucks will make everything alright is silly and uninformed.

The only thing that can help Africa is a bunch of nukes aimed at Paris, London, New York, Moscow, Jerusalem and Beijing. They all have them!

Macron is only the latest snotty European politician who thinks he can help Africans by degrading them while his army and corporations keep stealing and bombing them.
Last edited by QatzelOk on 16 Jul 2017 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
Saeko wrote:He was just making some common sense observations. He wasn't expecting the media to turn this into some sort of Spanish Inquisition.

Common sense is a dangerous thing in mad world... And nobody ever expects the Spanish Inquisition! :D
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:
As for the comparison with the use of the N word in the other thread, this was a case where a woman used it, quite likely without even thinking of black people. The only conclusion that we can draw with certainty is that by using the phrase, she's demonstrated that she's out of touch. On the other hand, what the French president said leaves no doubt that he thinks African civilisation is worse than, say, European civilisation. Personally, I think neither warrants a backlash, but the latter is an explicit negative judgment of Africans and their societies.

I think you're clutching at straws here Kaiser. You and I have both repeatedly used the term N-word rather than the actual word because WE BOTH know to do so would be offensive even if we didn't mean to cause offence. This is common knowledge that Morris (as an MP who represents the entire community) should both know and definitely shouldn't say. Macron stated Africa has certain problems not that one civilisation is better than the other (Afica has many nations so would be the wrong term to use by the way). No where in his statement would a rational person say he was racist (which is different to Morris's case) or that he stated that the West is better than Africa. Only a SJW who believes that you can't state the bloody obvious and truth would say he was being racist. Being pragmatic is not racist. Being pragmatic gives African leaders some advice to help them make the correct political decisions should they need more money to build their economy. And head buriers who refuse to criticise a continent that is primarily black because it is primarily black are not helping the continent out as they refuse to acknowledge the problems that need fixing in order to improve the continent as a whole.
B0ycey wrote:I think you're clutching at straws here Kaiser. You and I have both repeatedly used the term N-word rather than the actual word because WE BOTH know to do so would be offensive even if we didn't mean to cause offence. This is common knowledge that Morris (as an MP who represents the entire community) should both know and definitely shouldn't say. Macron stated Africa has certain problems not that one civilisation is better than the other (Afica has many nations so would be the wrong term to use by the way). No where in his statement would a rational person say he was racist (which is different to Morris's case) or that he stated that the West is better than Africa. Only a SJW who believes that you can't state the bloody obvious and truth would say he was being racist. Being pragmatic is not racist. Being pragmatic gives African leaders some advice to help them make the correct political decisions should they need more money to build their economy. And head buriers who refuse to criticise a continent that is primarily black because it is primarily black are not helping the continent out as they refuse to acknowledge the problems that need fixing in order to improve the continent as a whole.

This site will prevent you from using the actual word. :?:
B0ycey wrote:I think you're clutching at straws here Kaiser. You and I have both repeatedly used the term N-word rather than the actual word because WE BOTH know to do so would be offensive even if we didn't mean to cause offence. This is common knowledge that Morris (as an MP who represents the entire community) should both know and definitely shouldn't say. Macron stated Africa has certain problems not that one civilisation is better than the other (Afica has many nations so would be the wrong term to use by the way). No where in his statement would a rational person say he was racist (which is different to Morris's case) or that he stated that the West is better than Africa. Only a SJW who believes that you can't state the bloody obvious and truth would say he was being racist. Being pragmatic is not racist. Being pragmatic gives African leaders some advice to help them make the correct political decisions should they need more money to build their economy. And head buriers who refuse to criticise a continent that is primarily black because it is primarily black are not helping the continent out as they refuse to acknowledge the problems that need fixing in order to improve the continent as a whole.

As I understand it the N-word originated from the fact that many of the black slaves came for two African countries, Nigeria and Niger.

HalleluYah
Praise the Lord
Oxymandias wrote:@One Degree

Why would you use the N-word? What would be the point other than to intentionally racist?

It has historical importance.
It allows expression of emotion that alternatives do not.
You may simply wish to relay what someone else said.
You may wish to discuss why it is only inappropriate when used by non Blacks.
Etc e.g. Etc
@One Degree

1. That isn't a good enough reason. Simply because it has historical importance doesn't mean you should use it whenever you want given how offensive it is.

2. Why would you want to express an emotion through such an offensive word? That throws away any form of civil discussion right of the bat.

3. If that person said the N-word to begin with, that's not a reason for you to be so profoundly racist.

4. Because the N-word was used by whites as a sort of declaration of ownership over them. Amongst the black community, there is a sense that a black can never own another black and therefore it became a non-offensive word among blacks.
You asked for reasons, I gave them. I do not consider 'personal feelings ' a justifiable reason for outlawing words. If how I use a word upsets you, then let me know, and I will deal with it on a one to one basis. To outlaw a word because it 'might ' give offense is ludicrous. Smacks of 'Religious self righteousness '.
@One Degree

I don't personally have a problem with the word. I just see no reason to use the word. There isn't a justifiable situation where you would use the word. The word shouldn't be banned but I don't see a logical reason to use it. Furthermore using the N-word often throws any form of civil discussion out of the window. Once someone uses it, it opens the door for insults and rule breaking that would make PoFo go from a place of civil discussion to a cesspool of anarchy.

I don't personally have a problem with the word. I just see no reason to use the word. There isn't a justifiable situation where you would use the word. The word shouldn't be banned but I don't see a logical reason to use it. Furthermore using the N-word often throws any form of civil discussion out of the window. Once someone uses it, it opens the door for insults and rule breaking that would make PoFo go from a place of civil discussion to a cesspool of anarchy.

I certainly don't encounter many situations where it would be appropriate. :lol:
I grew up regularly using the word with Blacks who were not offended because of our relationship, so I view banning it as ridiculous. It is up to individuals to decide what speech is appropriate, at a given time, not anyone else.
Looks like Macron learned the lesson of PC brigade ignorance. I still can not fathom how we have arrived to this point as a whole, that people even listen to these PC morons, we need to just ignore their stupidity and hopefully they will go away. Let them ramble on but do not heed their stupidity.

But of coarse all the institutions of "human rights" and other legal apparatus these idiots use to enforce their political correctness must be dismantled. But in the end we are the ones who grant them power by taking them seriously.
Last edited by Albert on 28 Jul 2017 17:23, edited 2 times in total.
@One Degree

PoFo is very "multi-cultural" in that there are many people here who come from very different backgrounds so we cannot simply unban an offensive word because that word wasn't offensive in the environment you grew up in. I do not trust people here to retain civil discussion while allowing the usage of commonly offensive words and many would either stop posting or start insulting people with insults far worse than the N-word. PoFo is a community and the community, even those who I wouldn't put it past to use the word, agrees that the N-word along with other commonly offensive words are inappropriate for the goal and aims of this website and this community this goal being to provide high-quality discussions on politics and a space for people of different political views that are not accepted by the mainstream to express their thoughts.

Unbanning that word would deter from that goal and aim.

You responded to me just a while ago! Am I a time traveller?

You were talking about the reasons why the N-word was banned.

I see that now, but my comment you first responded to today was two weeks ago.
Pofo has the right to make their own decisions.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Russia doesn't have endless supply of weapons and[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]

Starlink satellites are designed to deorbit and bu[…]