North Korea tests ICBM that can reach any point of the US - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

North Korea launched another sophisticated missile Friday, one that could potentially hit the mainland U.S.

The rare late-night launch sent a ballistic missile into space. It remained airborne for more than 40 minutes, flying 1,000 kilometers due east before splashing into the Sea of Japan.

It was the second successful intercontinental ballistic missile test within the past month, and it flew longer and farther than any previous missile.

Recent North Korean propaganda videos have featured the U.S. Capitol in flames. Analysts believe that the missile launched Friday had the range to hit Los Angeles, Chicago or even New York.

It is unclear how close North Korea is to being able to arm a missile with a nuclear warhead.

"They've been saying it for a long time. I think the difference is we're coming to believe them," said arms control analyst Jeffrey Lewis.

"We're in a relationship where we can destroy them, and they can destroy us, and we may not like it but that's where we are," he said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/north-korea ... -new-york/

Is it just me, or is it getting a little radioactive around here? :excited:
Igor Antunov wrote:http://www.cbsnews.com/news/north-korea-tests-missile-that-could-threaten-los-angeles-chicago-or-new-york/

Is it just me, or is it getting a little radioactive around here? :excited:

I believe we are right to be concerned that a very dangerous war (WWIII) is approaching faster than we may like.
Good missiles make good neighbours. Once North Korea have a properly functioning nuclear deterrent the US will be forced to treat them decently with the respect a sovereign state deserves (and lets face it without the bomb no state is truly sovereign, they only exist as long as the real countries allow them to). The sooner they succeed the sooner tension will cool. The US might not quit its childlike behaviour because it is the right thing to do, but speak to US using military force, the only language it really understands and results will soon follow.
Decky wrote:The US might not quit its childlike behaviour because it is the right thing to do, but speak to US using military force, the only language it really understands and results will soon follow.
Or they could just blame Russia and China. This is literally how WWIII starts. We just need someone to assassinate some random archduke and bye-bye peace time.
Chinese diplomacy at it's best. South Korea is unwilling to sacrifice any of it's people to stop North Korea. The US can not act without South Korea's blessing or they will be blamed for any South Korean deaths. South Korea and Japan are only protected from Chinese pressure by the US military. The US military being shown as ineffective will enable China to increase it's influence over South Korea and eventually Japan. Our military presence is meaningless if our allies will not let us use it.
It is a no win situation for the US unless South Korea is willing to take a stand.

Edit: I think the best strategy for the US would be to announce a withdrawal from the area to scare South Korea into recognizing the threat.
skinster wrote:South Koreans and North Koreans will get on fine once yankee go the fuck home.

I am okay with what ever the South Koreans want, but my guess is they are comfortable with the US protection to a point they see no need to take risks. I am only suggesting we give them a clearer choice. North Korea is deliberately aggressive for the reason I mentioned. The US not taking military action will be the beginning of the end of US influence in the entire area.
Sigh. Everyone obsessed with the US. I am not worried about the DPRK. I'll tell you who should be though. China. Time on target anywhere in China? Fine minutes or less. North Korea hits the US and China is collateral damage. You want to gnash your teeth? Do it in Mandarin.
World War II Day by Day

April 19, Friday Allied troops land on Norway co[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@late If you enter a country, without permission[…]

My prediction of 100-200K dead is still on track. […]

When the guy is selling old, debunked, Russian pro[…]