North Korea seen loading up a missile for "strike on Guam?" - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

http://www.news.com.au/world/missile-al ... 8e949993fa

Fuck Kim Jong Un.

Fuck him.

If the US invaded North Korea I would be "good, they had to". I wouldn't be happy being right predicting that the Korean War would continue. But I can see it coming in my lifetime. May as well happen sooner rather than later.

Why did they get rid of Gaddafi and not the bastards directly threatening the security of the United States?

I don't want regime change... I want this regime to be gone one day, just gone...
A regime change would have to be internal: China would not allow an American invasion of North Korea any more than America would ever allow Russia to invade Canada.

It takes very little reading between the lines to understand that "moving missiles into position" is what we call war-drumming. This is where the media, the US government in this case, and "military intelligence" are used to create a sense of fear and possible panic in order to drum support for a potential attack. It's perfectly possible the North Koreans are moving around missiles. They move missiles every time they want to store them or ready them for a missile test, as does the US and every other country that has missiles.

However (and I'm putting this on a separate paragraph for emphasis), the US is in no danger of the DPRK shooting missiles at them in a first strike. It would literally be suicide. It's too bad there are a lot of people who don't understand that, or are given to fits of emotional hysteria whenever they get circle-jerked by the US when it tries to threaten war (as does the DPRK whenever they threaten war, meaning a hollow threat).
It is likely that North Korea has transferred to a "High Alert" status and we may be in a situation similar to the Cuban crisis were neither side intends to strike but both sides have clearly prepared "just in case".

They may not be planning to attack, but they have certainly made preparations for a strike. And they certainly talked of firing warning missiles(into the water near Guam).

I will celebrate the day this psychotic regime is gone, and reunified with the south.
Bulaba Jones wrote:A regime change would have to be internal.

This will not happen during the reign of Kim Jong Un, he is young and virile, he has the total support of his military and has a tight grip on the population. He has total control. It would take at least 30-40 years and by then another young leader like him may emerge anyway. That's what historically has happened. The hopes for change under Un himself have been dashed.

It has to be reunification, and an external military force. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but within the next generation.

The US should leave DPRK alone (and also gtfo of the south so the people of Korea can be united again).

The DPRK hates the United States ever since the Korean War, and will continue to hate the US even if there was a withdrawal. Appeasement isn't going to help avoid the restart of the war. The only long term solution is reunification.
skinster wrote:Of course they do, because 3 million of them remember their parents and grandparents being bombed to smithereens in the 1950s.

WHY OH WHY WOULD KOREANS HATE AMERICA NOW :?:

Same fucken country... Their history books won't ever change to say otherwise or ever differentiate between mid-20th century USA and 21st century USA.

Kim Jong-Il and Un both solidified their power based on that fact, playing on the historical hatred of the USA. They will always hate the USA because of the Korean War, it's too late to change that.

Fact is you are the same country, even if your country did it 60 years ago.

Their textbooks will forever say "USA killed 3 million of us... USA is evil..." With no differentiation between "USA back then" and "USA today"....
colliric wrote:Their textbooks will forever say "USA killed 3 million of us... USA is evil..." With no differentiation between "USA back then" and "USA today"....

USA "today" has tons of US soldiers in South Korea, weapons pointed at it and threats of annihilation from US neocons over the last sixteen years. Also there's the sanctions/embargos.
colliric wrote:Same fucken country... Their history books won't ever change to say otherwise or ever differentiate between mid-20th century USA and 21st century USA.

Kim Jong-Il and Un both solidified their power based on that fact, playing on the historical hatred of the USA. They will always hate the USA because of the Korean War, it's too late to change that.

Fact is you are the same country, even if your country did it 60 years ago.

Their textbooks will forever say "USA killed 3 million of us... USA is evil..." With no differentiation between "USA back then" and "USA today"....

The USA hasn't continued to invade and attack countries after the end of the Korean War? We have, in fact, killed more than 3 million we killed in Korea since Korea. How exactly is the USA different today in terms of warmongering?

I have no love for the DPRK and its government, but if you try to avoid thinking about the Korean situation less emotionally and more purely rationally, it's easy to see why they hate the US. And I'm not talking about the government of North Korea ramming anti-US propaganda down its people's throat, I mean the memory of the Korean War in the minds of average citizens. People and their families definitely pass on memories and stories of the shit we did to them. We firebombed their cities and completely ravaged their country. We left it completely ruined, in ashes, and starving. The North Koreans and the Chinese did horrific things too.

The USA has not changed, either.
Concern about US military intervention is probably one of the most rational aspects of the North Korean state. Two countries that stopped their nuclear programs were then overthrown by the US, it's pretty clear our interests are not simply nuclear disarmament.

It's perfectly clear that we'd love a pro US country housing our bases on China's border as leverage. It's a great powers dispute and North Koreans are fucked in the middle.

The best case scenario is China intervening to switch out the NK government and it's probably something we should encourage them to do imho. Secretly of course.

Perhaps as part of some kind of reconciliation on the North China Sea.

Pity the current president isn't capable of rational political deal making.
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has backed down on his threat to launch a missile attack on Guam.

Pyongyang's state media reported early Tuesday local time North Korea's military won't strike Guam, a U.S. island territory of 160,000 people in the western Pacific Ocean that hosts American military bases.

But Kim could change his mind "if the Yankees persist in their extremely dangerous reckless actions."

A strike on Guam would be a "most delightful historic moment," Kim said, that would "wring the windpipes of the Yankees and point daggers at their necks."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/north ... le/2631521

Comrade Kim is having second thoughts about striking Guam, according to new reports. President Trump's threatening words really worked on the warped mind of the North Korean dictator. Attacking Guam would be like another Pearl Harbor and North Korea will certainly be reduced to ashes, which his military advisors seem to have understood.
skinster wrote:Of course they do, because 3 million of them remember their parents and grandparents being bombed to smithereens in the 1950s.

WHY OH WHY WOULD KOREANS HATE AMERICA NOW :?:

So, by that logic the Germans should hate the Americans (and British). Can any Germans here clarify this matter?

Zagadka wrote:I think I saw somewhere on social media where Trump told the governor (or whatever) of Guam to enjoy the tourism.

I'm sure there are plenty of people dying to get a selfie with a mushroom cloud in the background. They might have time to post their photo on social media before the shock wave hits if they are quick.
foxdemon wrote:So, by that logic the Germans should hate the Americans (and British). Can any Germans here clarify this matter?

If we were to be fair, the US and UK would have to be threatening Germany with annihilation since 2001, constantly demonizing the state and imposing sanctions etc. on them. I'm sure Germans would hate the US for the same too (if they don't already).
The Korean War ended in a stalemate/draw.... Where as Germany lost the war. That changes things. The Nazi Party was out of the picture.

North Korea's governing political party is still technically that which fought the Korean war.

If WW2 ended in a stalemate ceasefire and the Nazi party still somehow controlled Germany, I'm sure they'd play heavily on the historical hatred of America, Britain and Russia in order to stay in power.

EU is not prepared on nuclear war, but Russia,[…]

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]