Barcelona attack – ’13 dead’ and 20 injured - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

http://news.sky.com/story/van-hits-crow ... a-10992725
Two armed men have taken hostages in a Turkish restaurant in the capital of Catalonia after a crash, according to local media.
16:59, UK,
Thursday 17 August 2017
Authorities push people back on streets of Barcelona following an incident involving a van and a crowd
Streets cordoned off in Barcelona following incident

Police say a "massive crash" in Barcelona city centre in which "several" people were injured is a terrorist attack.

A white van mounted the pavement of the main tourist area in the city and struck several people, police said.

El Pais newspaper report that intercepted police communications say there are 20 wounded and one dead.

Two armed men have since entered a restaurant in the city and have taken hostages, one TV station is reporting.

Debris on the ground after a van hit pedestrians in Barcelona
Debris on the ground after a van hit pedestrians in Barcelona
Pictures from the scene of the crash show emergency services and civilians attending to at least two people on the ground.

One social media video post shows bodies strewn across the pavement for at least 100 metres of the famous street.

The Ministry of the Interior said on Twitter: "There has just been a massive crash on the Ramblas in Barcelona by a person with a van. There are injured."

A police car blocks the road after the collision
A police car blocks the road after the collision
Emergency services in Catalonia say they have asked the Metro and train services in the area to close.

They have also cordoned off the wide street and shut down several of the shops.

Social media footage showed many people fleeing the area in alarm and a helicopter flying overhead.

The National Police have told people to avoid Plaza Catalunya area after the smash in Las Ramblas.

The scene after the incident
Image:
The scene after the incident
An eyewitness, lawyer Aamer Anwar, who's at a conference in the city, said: "All of a sudden I heard a crashing noise, and the whole street just started to run screaming.

"I saw a woman next to me screaming for her kids."

El Pais newspaper said the driver fled the vehicle on foot.
Right wingers continue to show their ideology for the childish shitslinging that it is. You guys can't even manage to have an adult conversation about your own bogeymen anymore. It would be nice if we could actually fight ISIS and cease funding its financial backers, but our president is too busy playing the clown for his constituents @maz @Oxymoron who care more about "liberal tears" then policy.
Red_Army wrote:Right wingers continue to show their ideology for the childish shitslinging that it is. You guys can't even manage to have an adult conversation about your own bogeymen anymore. It would be nice if we could actually fight ISIS and cease funding its financial backers, but our president is too busy playing the clown for his constituents @maz @Oxymoron who care more about "liberal tears" then policy.

You are a perfect example of Sand meeting head.
Red_Army wrote:I don't even support mass immigration in Europe. You are a perfect example of flinging shit instead of actually thinking. I just think your instinct to turn this tragedy into a justification for a previous one that it had nothing to do with to be crass and honestly - stupid.

The tragedy is that someone is repeatedly punching you in your fucking face and you just keep coming up with excuses for them. This is a war, and you bozos will only make it bloodier and longer, and even risk us loosing it.
Again I have never made any excuses for ISIS. I think we should destroy them and I don't think massive scale immigration is good. I just take issue with you comparing the victim of the nazi riot in Charlottesville with the perpetrators in Barcelona. It doesn't make any sense and you are just doing it because you think being an asshole is funny. The alt right are like middle school children obsessed with dead baby jokes - they mistake being a cunt for being interesting.
Red_Army wrote:Again I have never made any excuses for ISIS. I think we should destroy them and I don't think massive scale immigration is good. I just take issue with you comparing the victim of the nazi riot in Charlottesville with the perpetrators in Barcelona. It doesn't make any sense and you are just doing it because you think being an asshole is funny. The alt right are like middle school children obsessed with dead baby jokes - they mistake being a cunt for being interesting.

Where exactly did I connect the two? Also how the fuck is it a nazi riot, the people there had a protest licence and the left attacked them. Talk about being dim. ISIS has little to nothing to do with the attack in Spain, Islam does.
#Moorlivesmatter in reply to maz's obvious reference. We don't need to discuss the nazi riot anymore since this isn't the thread. So your argument is that the concept of Islam is more responsible for self-proclaimed members of ISIS killing a bunch of people than ISIS? Its an interesting proposition, but I don't think it holds much water. Let me guess, musselmen are genetically predisposed to terrorism?
The perception of terrorist is that we're all living in fear to go outside because of them. I wonder what would they did if they realized that we're not really scared. At the end of the day, you are far more likely to die by other means than some dumbass terrorist.
Red_Army wrote:#Moorlivesmatter in reply to maz's obvious reference. We don't need to discuss the nazi riot anymore since this isn't the thread. So your argument is that the concept of Islam is more responsible for self-proclaimed members of ISIS killing a bunch of people than ISIS? Its an interesting proposition, but I don't think it holds much water. Let me guess, musselmen are genetically predisposed to terrorism?

Islam is predisposed to violence, and terror.
You're talking like Rei now. Islam is not a gelatinous ooze, a hive-mind, or any such entity. Do you mean the religion itself incites people to violence, that most muslims today are violent, that all muslims for all time have been violent? Does it take effect upon conversion? Are muslim children born terrorists? Does the terrorism go away if they convert? Is the terrorism predicated on their consistent and dedicated practice of the religion?

Again I agree with you that Islam is a stupid religion that gets kicked into the head of dirt poor goat herders in the third world as well as the hajji equivalent of 4channers in the first world, but Islam is a religion that has gone through changes like any other. Heck it wasn't long ago when Decky's people were the ones blowing up kids! If I recall it was them who taught the dread mohammedan how to do it to begin with! Maybe we should expel the Irish while we're at it.
Red_Army wrote:You're talking like Rei now. Islam is not a gelatinous ooze, a hive-mind, or any such entity. Do you mean the religion itself incites people to violence, that most muslims today are violent, that all muslims for all time have been violent? Does it take effect upon conversion? Are muslim children born terrorists? Does the terrorism go away if they convert? Is the terrorism predicated on their consistent and dedicated practice of the religion?

Again I agree with you that Islam is a stupid religion that gets kicked into the head of dirt poor goat herders in the third world as well as the hajji equivalent of 4channers in the first world, but Islam is a religion that has gone through changes like any other. Heck it wasn't long ago when Decky's people were the ones blowing up kids! If I recall it was them who taught the dread mohammedan how to do it to begin with! Maybe we should expel the Irish while we're at it.

Children are not born terrorists, but they are thought to honor them. Islam was born in violence, spread through violence and has never gone through much in terms of modernization. While other groups practiced certain tactics, they never become centuries long dogmas. Irish fought for independence, and when they got a good deal they took it and lived peacefully ever since. The Muslims will never live in peace, their whole ideology is designed to spread or die.

Or maybe there is evidence, just like it was in th[…]

The protest encampments are now spreading to other[…]

I was reading St. Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain […]

I have never seen this on TV, so I can't imagine […]