Poland demands €350 BILLION from Germany for WW2 war crimes - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Potemkin wrote:Poland was once a great nation, but the past three centuries have totally fucked them in the head.

Same as Hungary, basically. In Hungary's case it's five centuries though.

Potemkin wrote:But no, they have to do it the pathetic whiny loser way. :roll:

Because they are pathetic whiny losers, hence their pathetic whiny loser history.
Decky wrote:Squeeze Germany till the pips squeak. It is well past time for a new Versailles, the Hun are up to their old tricks and are trying to retake the world via the EU, they need to be slowed down with huge reparations for their great evil. Good for the Poles, Germans are not good neighbours and should be reminded of their wartime conduct as often as possible.

Son of Hans Frank, the butcher of Poland says same things

AS WE END THE INTERVIEW, DO YOU HAVE A FINAL MESSAGE?

Acknowledge that the German people didn’t [start] any war the last 70 years—that’s a good thing. But the next 70 years will follow, so be careful. Never trust the German. [Winston] Churchill [made a] brilliant sentence [about the Germans]: “You have the Germans either at your knees or at your throat.” And that’s exactly, that’s a very good characterization of the German people. I love this guy.
Negotiator wrote:Poland needs an external enemy because their inner situation is so awful that they need a distraction from that.

From the Polish perspective, to their East there is a resurgent Russia trying to manipulate foreign governments, supports insurgencies and annexed territory from Georgia and Ukraine. To their West is Germany committing cultural suicide (making horrible decisions regarding refugees, subsidies, etc) uses state power to silence any dissent and make demands (through the EU) that others (Poland) follow their policies. During the downturn around 2007 and the blips a few years later there was optimism in Poland and the culture in the free world/West was just an environment one lives in, but now the softer coercion methods are showing themselves while their freedom, cooperation and other principles seems to be rather shallow. Some parties are able to capitalize on this disappointment and spin a narrative better than others.
Wait, what ? "Cultural suicide" ? Lolz !!

Thats the good old "homosexual marriages threaten heterosexual marriages" line of argument all over again. No they dont. No heterosexual marriage was ever influenced by the fact if homosexuals could marry or not, either.

Likewise I havent changed my culture one bit just because theres some refugees here. I dont think any other german has.

If at all our culture got even more diverse. But german culture has always has been diverse. We're in the center of europe, no less than nine different countries have borders to us.

Diversity is power, not a weakness.
Depends on what you mean by diversity. Trying to give equal rights to people who do not share the same concepts of right and wrong creates chaos, not strength. Without common community values they can not truly work together. Individual rights that ignore community rights are doomed to failure.
Negotiator wrote:Wait, what ? "Cultural suicide" ? Lolz !!

Thats the good old "homosexual marriages threaten heterosexual marriages" line of argument all over again. No they dont. No heterosexual marriage was ever influenced by the fact if homosexuals could marry or not, either.

Likewise I havent changed my culture one bit just because theres some refugees here. I dont think any other german has.

If at all our culture got even more diverse. But german culture has always has been diverse. We're in the center of europe, no less than nine different countries have borders to us.

Diversity is power, not a weakness.

I dont view Germany as being unique from its neighbors, but it does have its own style and history. Part of culture is recognizing your history. Germany does a fine job recognizing the evils of the Nazis, but the good of the last few centuries (education, art, productivity, work ethic) seems to be taken for granted and left aside for the cultural norms of foreigners. Taking it for granted and embracing new oddities is normal the world over, but those old cultural norms built a society that functions, and that is generally a good thing. Now it seems like you are vilifying those that want to keep the old ways, and while I am fine with vilifying the militaristic past, you are grouping all the old ways together, including the productive ones that laid the foundation for the modern productive progressive society. At the same time you are fetishizing foreign culture, and seem to be oblivious to those that are less productive and less tolerant than the native German one, and ones that dont look at evil in their own past. In a hundred years society will be different, I dont want that German society to be one that doesnt care for retrospection, tolerance and productivity. I view current Germany as a nice country heading down a path where your new society will ignore/detach itself from past evils, is intolerant and non-productive.. a GDR v2.0, but with less moral and political constraints.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls There is no ethnic cleansing going on[…]

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hamas are terrorist animals who started this and […]

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]