How Anti-Racism Today and Racism in the Past are Actually the Same Thing - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

I'd like to consider four leftist ideas: being a "white ally", the double standard between Christians and Muslims, the recent liberal trend towards wanting segregation and "cultural appropriation". As we'll see, all four of these things actually stem from presumptive racism on the liberal's part.

First, the term "ally" is reserved for people you are working with in a militaristic situation but whom are aliens. You don't call people from the same group as you allies, you reserve that term for people who are from a different group.

Second, the double standard between Christians and Muslims (often held by people who consider themselves to be "Muslim allies") exists because the Muslims are preemptively a different group, so what they do is none of the white liberal's business or concern. In contrast, the white Christian is a part of their group because they are white so they can be very concerned about what the Christian does, even if it is basically a less extreme version of the same behaviors.

Third, liberals are increasingly for segregation because as the above two points show (and as the fourth will also show) they assume that different groups are not only separate but that they should be separate.

Fourth, cultural appropriation is a term for when someone uses things that are attributable to another culture. This could be as simple as a white person making a burrito; the real problem in their minds when a white person culturally appropriates a burrito or so-on is that said person assumed there was no difference between their group and the other group.

So in a way, liberals presume a level of racism (and a militaristic relationship between the races) that a conservative who will eat burritos and so-on does not.

I really believe that in a different environment, most of these Anti-Fa would have been Nazi brownshirts and so-on. The difference between conservatives who are supposedly conspiring against them due to their regressive beliefs and Jews who were supposedly conspiring against people over their regressive beliefs is that Jews were arguably an ethnic group but a conservative is not an ethnic group. Using today's semantics that would make singling out Jews wrong, whereas conservative's willingness to cross sometimes arbitrary social lines means they are not an ethnic group and can be targeted without it being "racist". Thus we end up with things like "black white supremacists" and so-on whose real crime is not racism against blacks, their crime was having presumed there was no line to be crossed.
Last edited by Hong Wu on 28 Aug 2017 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
By slifelthes
I think generally girls read a little more then boys, but there are some boys who read a ton and some girls who dont read anything, it varies.
Hong Wu wrote:I'd like to consider four leftist ideas: being a "white ally", the double standard between Christians and Muslims, the recent liberal trend towards wanting segregation and "cultural appropriation". As we'll see, all four of these things actually stem from presumptive racism on the liberal's part.

First, the term "ally" is reserved for people you are working with in a militaristic situation but whom are aliens. You don't call people from the same group as you allies, you reserve that term for people who are from a different group.

Second, the double standard between Christians and Muslims (often held by people who consider themselves to be "Muslim allies") exists because the Muslims are preemptively a different group, so what they do is none of the white liberal's business or concern. In contrast, the white Christian is a part of their group because they are white so they can be very concerned about what the Christian does, even if it is basically a less extreme version of the same behaviors.

Third, liberals are increasingly for segregation because as the above two points show (and as the fourth will also show) they assume that different groups are not only separate but that they should be separate.

Fourth, cultural appropriation is a term for when someone uses things that are attributable to another culture. This could be as simple as a white person making a burrito; the real problem in their minds when a white person culturally appropriates a burrito or so-on is that said person assumed there was no difference between their group and the other group.

So in a way, liberals presume a level of racism (and a militaristic relationship between the races) that a conservative who will eat burritos and so-on does not.

I really believe that in a different environment, most of these Anti-Fa would have been Nazi brownshirts and so-on. The difference between conservatives who are supposedly conspiring against them due to their regressive beliefs and Jews who were supposedly conspiring against people over their regressive beliefs is that Jews were arguably an ethnic group but a conservative is not an ethnic group. Using today's semantics that would make singling out Jews wrong, whereas conservative's willingness to cross sometimes arbitrary social lines means they are not an ethnic group and can be targeted without it being "racist". Thus we end up with things like "black white supremacists" and so-on whose real crime is not racism against blacks, their crime was having presumed there was no line to be crossed.

I applaud your efforts to make sense of the insensible. I am too drunk at the moment to be articulate but I am convinced collectivism is a clue. A collectivist is just an individualist who hates himself, having run away from the horror of his own personal mediocrity into a group identity he becomes a collectivist. A collectivist is a necessary bigot, in this way commies and nazis are alike.
SolarCross wrote:I applaud your efforts to make sense of the insensible. I am too drunk at the moment to be articulate but I am convinced collectivism is a clue. A collectivist is just an individualist who hates himself, having run away from the horror of his own personal mediocrity into a group identity he becomes a collectivist. A collectivist is a necessary bigot, in this way commies and nazis are alike.

If only the majority of weirdoes had that good an excuse. It is wonderful to see the hicks beating their hollow chests and telling us about their (totally imaginary) individual accomplishments. If you steal land from those who own it and have it worked for nothing by those you bully, rape and murder, does that make you 'superior' or just utterly despicable?
Ned Lud wrote:If only the majority of weirdoes had that good an excuse. It is wonderful to see the hicks beating their hollow chests and telling us about their (totally imaginary) individual accomplishments. If you steal land from those who own it and have it worked for nothing by those you bully, rape and murder, does that make you 'superior' or just utterly despicable?

You don't know me at all. I don't brag about my individual accomplishments because while I have a few, as everyone does, they aren't very interesting or impressive. I am a mediocrity too, the only difference is I am totally at peace with that.

Also I don't know what hallucinogens you are on, but back here on earth, I am not a land owner, have not stolen land, I have not raped or killed anyone. Back in school, a long time ago, I did bully a little, though I was also the subject of bullying, so even there I probably come out evens.

Does it ever bother you to make unfounded slanders?
SolarCross wrote:You don't know me at all. I don't brag about my individual accomplishments because while I have a few, as everyone does, they aren't very interesting or impressive. I am a mediocrity too, the only difference is I am totally at peace with that.

Also I don't know what hallucinogens you are on, but back here on earth, I am not a land owner, have not stolen land, I have not raped or killed anyone. Back in school, a long time ago, I did bully a little, though I was also the subject of bullying, so even there I probably come out evens.

Does it ever bother you to make unfounded slanders?
You suppose those who robbed the native Americans and enslaved Africans gave it all back, and you gained nothing whatever? Grow up!
Ned Lud wrote:Your post of the 29th August seems to me worthy only of right-wing American druggies, not of decent British drunks! In evolutionary terms individualism will finish us off sooner than Keg beer.

"For a man's house is his castle, et domus sua cuique est tutissimum refugium [and each man's home is his safest refuge]."

This was established as common law by the lawyer and politician Sir Edward Coke (pronounced Cook), in The Institutes of the Laws of England, 1628

The americans get their individualism from us brits and europeans in general. The individualist does not deny community but sees community for what it is an association of individuals.

For the collectivist the community is an abstract god which is superior to those whom are subjected to it. When men are reduced to ant like automatons then civilisation is over.
SolarCross wrote:The americans get their individualism from us brits and europeans in general. The individualist does not deny community but sees community for what it is an association of individuals.

For the collectivist the community is an abstract god which is superior to those whom are subjected to it. When men are reduced to ant like automatons then civilisation is over.

It seems to me that capitalism reduces people to total automatons, licking arses in mechanical unison and pausing only to cry. 'We are free!'
The only purpose of a community is to improve the lives of the individuals within the community. This becomes a contradiction because you must deny some individual wants when granting others. The larger the community, the less it can fairly accomplish it's purpose. Political ideology is simply different solutions to this contradiction.
Only local autonomy, on a scale that finds the best balance, really addresses the basic conflict.
Let me take a perfect example to summarize what this poster wants to say:

You are calling for gender equality, while saying "lady first".

Men and women are equal, Okey, is that really the case when it comes to conscription?

Conclusion: discriminating against males is fine (if not encouraged), not the other way around.
And everyone understands what this means, but you just can't say honestly, otherwise you'd be fired, like that guy from Google.
Yes, the only way you can "convince" people you are right, is to ban or fire people, and everyone knows what it means. Yes you win. I dare not say anything.
Red_Army wrote:I assume this is another justification for your shitty opinions about nazis so you're talking about America. When was America 98% white? I seem to remember there being a whole lot of non white people when the whites showed up, a lot more non whites were then added to the mix unwillingly, then some people who are now white, but weren't then came, as well as railroad and taco americans.

I'm not surprised you came to a dumb conclusion based on your ignorance of basic facts. Keep trying! Maybe you should stick to posting this shit on forums where the threads time out.

The people starting with "shitty" behaves most like Nazis. What angered you if he's not talking about something really happening.

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]