Florida members Irma!!! this is a serious storm !!!! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The West is burning to the ground; the South is drowning; the biggest storms ever are hitting the East; fascists are marching.

It's weird that conservatives always look to weather as proof that the country is going in the wrong direction when a Democrat is in office. When it's a Republican in office, it's all a big coincidence.
No, so far the only victims have been liberals. Conservatives are reporting amazing rescues. It is pretty clear God has decided to give Trump some help to fight the Fascist liberals. :D
One Degree wrote:No, so far the only victims have been liberals. Conservatives are reporting amazing rescues. It is pretty clear God has decided to give Trump some help to fight the Fascist liberals. :D

Sure, God sends deadly storms over Texas and Florida to kill liberals and help Trump revive his base. :roll:
Beren wrote:Sure, God sends deadly storms over Texas and Florida to kill liberals and help Trump revive his base. :roll:

You thought I was serious? LMAO
mikema63 wrote:I'm battening down the hatches. You evacuating fin?

At this point no it looks like its heading more towards the East coast of Florida
but 175 mph winds and 225 gusts has our attention. Two weekends ago it rained for 3 days and we flooded badly. Just got some gas (at 5am) the generator started and am collecting water since there is none to buy. If it gets past the keys Im boarding up and will be out of here. I went through "Charlie" we didn't have power for a week, a Cat 5 there will be nothing left to come home too.

People are panicking though.

@jimjam

Its best you are in Maine nothing to do but worry your ass off especially if its a 5 ...I guess that's why we pay the heavy insurance premiums.

I already am hearing heavy traffic on I 95 and I 75 North no hotels and gas stations are running out or low.
Last edited by Finfinder on 06 Sep 2017 20:19, edited 2 times in total.
Beren wrote:No, I thought it was a bad joke. However, if it's God all behind it, then it is supposed to be a kind of punishment, and I wonder whether he would slam Texas if he wanted to punish liberals. :lol:

Well, Houston would be understandable but South of there gets iffy. :)
B0ycey wrote:If America refuse to acknowledge global warming then they will have to accept these frequent and powerful storms.

:lol: everyone acknowledges global warming, 99% of people believe we have had multiple ice ages. But as I recall Woolly mammoths did not drive SUV's. There is no conclusive numbers to even explain how much of an effect humans have on the natural cycles of the Earth, so why create economic dark ages to prevent the unpreventable.. at least in terms of reactive actions. I do believe we can work to counter these natural earth cycles to an extent, but not by punishing the first world. In reality the left mostly wants to curb our emissions to commentate for "white privilege".
B0ycey wrote:If America refuse to acknowledge global warming then they will have to accept these frequent and powerful storms.

Don't hold out on us if you have a way to prevent these storms let us know. Do you mean man made global warming ? Are you sure you are just not consumed by the social media mob?
Oxymoron wrote::lol: everyone acknowledges global warming, 99% of people believe we have had multiple ice ages. But as I recall Woolly mammoths did not drive SUV's. There is no conclusive numbers to even explain how much of an effect humans have on the natural cycles of the Earth, so why create economic dark ages to prevent the unpreventable.. at least in terms of reactive actions. I do believe we can work to counter these natural earth cycles to an extent, but not by punishing the first world. In reality the left mostly wants to curb our emissions to commentate for "white privilege".

Humans pump 40,000,000,000 TONS of co2 into the atmosphere annually. I cannot imagine that is having any effect whatsoever :lol:
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

He was "one of the good ones". Of cours[…]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous&q[…]

The dominant race of the planet is still the Whit[…]