Pope Francis and His Lies - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
Hindsite wrote:Pope Francis

The Holy Father reads his Bible.

If anyone hears my words and believes not, I judge him not, for I came not to judge the world, but to save it.

John 12:47

God judges the secrets of men.

Romans 2:16

the Roman Catholic Church

The Church recognises the sin.

Since it rejects or denies the existence of God, atheism is a sin against the virtue of religion. The imputability [see Romans 2:14-16] of this offense can be significantly diminished in virtue of the intentions and the circumstances.

Catechism of the Catholic Church #2125

imputability

The law that requires works... Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

Romans 3:27,31

:)
ingliz wrote:The Holy Father reads his Bible.

If anyone hears my words and believes not, I judge him not, for I came not to judge the world, but to save it.

John 12:47
God judges the secrets of men.
Romans 2:16

Your Satanic bible again?

This is what the Holy Bible reveals as truth:

God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.
(Romans 2:16)

For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
(John 5:22)

and He gave Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man.
(John 5:27)

And He ordered us to preach to the people, and solemnly to testify that this is the One who has been appointed by God as Judge of the living and the dead.
(Acts 10:42)

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
(2 Corinthians 5:10)

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah
This is what the Holy Bible reveals as truth:

I and the Father are one.

John 10:30

ingliz wrote:I and the Father are one.

John 10:30

Jesus is saying that He, as the Son of God, is in unity with the Father. And of course, needless to say, the Father and the Son are also in unity with the Holy Spirit.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
(John 1:1-3 NIV)

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
(John 1:14 NIV)

The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God."
(Luke 1:35 NIV)

For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,
(Colossians 2:9 NIV)

When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”
(Luke 3:21-22 NIV)

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.
(John 14:16-17 NIV)

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
(2 Corinthians 13:14 NIV)

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
(Matthew 28:19-20 NIV)

https://www.everystudent.com/forum/trinity.html
Hindsite wrote:trinity

Bizarrely, two men who were not Christians, Constantine and Nectarius, were appointed to preside over the two major church councils tasked with determining what the Church would teach regarding the nature of God.

Constantine did not experience any conversion; there are no signs of a change of faith in him. He never said of himself that he had turned to another god . . . At the time when he turned to Christianity, for him this was Sol Invictus (the victorious sun god).

N. Brox, A Concise History of the Early Church

So it was that one Nectarius, an elderly city senator who had been a popular prefect in the city as a result of his patronage of the games, but who was still not a baptized Christian, was selected . . . Nectarius appeared to know no theology, and he had to be initiated into the required faith before being baptized and consecrated.

C. Freeman, Heretics, Pagans and the Dawn of the Monotheistic State

councils

Council of Nicaea 325 AD

Arius believed Christ was subordinate to the Father.

Athanasius believed the Father, Son and Holy Spirit were one but at the same time distinct from each other.

Which view the church council accepted was to a large extent arbitrary - Athanasius won over the emperor and the delegates went along for the ride.

Constantine was no theologian.

But disagreements soon centered around another issue, the nature of the Holy Spirit. The statement issued at the Council of Nicaea said simply, "We believe in the Holy Spirit." This seemed to have been added to Athanasius’s creed almost as an afterthought.

So we get the Council of Constantinople, 381 AD, affirming the divinity of the Holy Spirit, which up to that point had never been clearly stated, not even in Scripture.

Jesus is saying that He, as the Son of God, is in unity with the Father. And of course, needless to say, the Father and the Son are also in unity with the Holy Spirit.

All God's works proceed from Him as One and not from the Persons as distinct from each other.

Inseparable in what they are, the divine persons are also inseparable in what they do.

Catechism of the Catholic Church #267

But I can understand your confusion.

No sooner do I conceive of the One than I am illumined by the Splendor of the Three; no sooner do I distinguish Them than I am carried back to the One. When I think of any One of the Three I think of Him as the Whole, and my eyes are filled, and the greater part of what I am thinking of escapes me.

Gregory of Nazianzus, Oration 40 XLI, On Holy Baptism

Last edited by ingliz on 23 Sep 2017 22:15, edited 3 times in total.
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
(2 Corinthians 5:10)

Deeds? Hmmmm.

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
(Matthew 28:19-20 NIV)

"Obey everything I have commanded you...." You believe this?

“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven”

“Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?” (Matthew 7:1–3).

But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind: and thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just”

“And the second [commandment] is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets” (Matthew 22:39–40).

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Jesus was all about works.

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make Our home with him.
ingliz wrote:But I can understand your confusion.

What is my confusion and what does it have to do with Pope Francis and his lies?

Drlee wrote:"Obey everything I have commanded you...." You believe this?

Yes.

Drlee wrote:Jesus was all about works.

Jesus was about faith and believing too.

Drlee wrote:Jesus replied, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make Our home with him.

Praise the Lord. HalleluYah.
Hindsite wrote:What is my confusion

Arius's, apparently.

Given you rely on "and He gave Him authority" to make your argument, I was surprised when you failed to quote John 14:28

I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

and what does it have to do with Pope Francis

In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross!

Philippians 2:5-8

Last edited by ingliz on 24 Sep 2017 10:29, edited 1 time in total.
ingliz wrote:Arius's, apparently.

and He gave Him authority

I was surprised when you failed to quote John 14:28

I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross!

Philippians 2:5-8

Surely you can't be claiming Pope Francis and the Roman Catholic Church believe in Arianism.

Arius held that Jesus was created by God as the first act of creation, that Jesus was the crowning glory of all creation. Arianism, then, is the view that Jesus was a created being with divine attributes, but was not divine in and of Himself.

Arianism misunderstands references to Jesus’ being tired (John 4:6) and not knowing the date of His return (Matthew 24:36). Yes, it is difficult to understand how God could be tired and/or not know something, but relegating Jesus to a created being is not the answer. Jesus was fully God, but He was also fully human. Jesus did not become a human being until the incarnation. Therefore, Jesus’ limitations as a human being have no impact on His divine nature or eternality.

A second major misinterpretation in Arianism is the meaning of “firstborn” (Romans 8:29; Colossians 1:15-20). Arians understand “firstborn” in these verses to mean that Jesus was “born” or “created” as the first act of creation. This is not the case. Jesus Himself proclaimed His self-existence and eternality (John 8:58; 10:30). John 1:1-2 tells us that Jesus was “in the beginning with God.” In Bible times, the firstborn son of a family was held in great honor (Genesis 49:3; Exodus 11:5; 34:19; Numbers 3:40; Psalm 89:27; Jeremiah 31:9). It is in this sense that Jesus is God’s firstborn. Jesus is the preeminent member of God’s family. Jesus is the anointed one, the “Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6).

After nearly a century of debate at various early church councils, the Christian church officially denounced Arianism as a false doctrine. Since that time, Arianism has never been accepted as a viable doctrine of the Christian faith. Arianism has not died, however. Arianism has continued throughout the centuries in varying forms. The Jehovah’s Witnesses and Mormons of today hold a very Arian-like position on Christ’s nature. Just as the early church did, we must denounce any and all attacks on the deity of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

The Moody Handbook of Theology by Paul Enns
Surely you can't be claiming Pope Francis and the Roman Catholic Church believe in Arianism.

I am not.

Note...

Hindsite wrote:What is my confusion

My reply,

"Arius's, apparently."

Are you Pope Francis?

ingliz wrote:I am not.
Note...
My reply,
"Arius's, apparently."
Are you Pope Francis?

What a silly question. Now, I think you are the one that is confused. May God help you. Praise the Lord.
Hindsite wrote:What a silly question.

It would be, if your posts hadn't become so bizarre lately, across a number of threads.

People notice these things.

Example:

Bulaba Jones wrote:This is literally insane.

I was afraid that discussing the mystery of the Most Holy Trinity, given your hyper-religiosity and associated thanatophilia, had driven you over the edge.

Anyway, I am only a layman, but believing that your own confused thoughts are the Holy Father's cannot be a good sign.

help

A Christian helpline: Meier Clinics 1-888-7-CLINIC (1-888-725-4642)

They offer a 24/7 service, are 100% confidential, and they are free.

ingliz wrote:It would be, if your posts hadn't become so bizarre lately, across a number of threads.

People notice these things.

I was afraid that discussing the mystery of the Most Holy Trinity, given your hyper-religiosity and associated thanatophilia, had driven you over the edge.

Don't worry about my sanity, because I am just fine. Praise the Lord.

ingliz wrote:Anyway, I am only a layman, but believing that your own confused thoughts are the Holy Father's cannot be a good sign.

So why should you think you no more than me about Christianity? I have been a Christian, since I was baptized at age 12 and I am now 73 years old.
Allah, Jehovah, and God are the same fucking thing. Jesus is the most important phophet in the Muslim religion. You really need to get an education beyond Breitbart, Infowars, Fox News. Your knowledge of your own religion is really pathetic. I mean it's below Sunday School level.

You saying the Pope is wrong, is downright hilarious! Are you going to tell Stephen Hawking his theory's wrong because you saw Alex Jones say so?
I continue to believe that the contradictions in the bible, including things like works vs. faith, are there deliberately and not for us to take one side of so that we can needle other Christians for disagreeing.
Godstud wrote:Allah, Jehovah, and God are the same fucking thing. Jesus is the most important phophet in the Muslim religion. You really need to get an education beyond Breitbart, Infowars, Fox News. Your knowledge of your own religion is really pathetic. I mean it's below Sunday School level.

You saying the Pope is wrong, is downright hilarious! Are you going to tell Stephen Hawking his theory's wrong because you saw Alex Jones say so?

Satanic Pope Francis Worships Satan, Catholic Church, Mystery Babylon, Lucifer

Hong Wu wrote:I continue to believe that the contradictions in the bible, including things like works vs. faith, are there deliberately and not for us to take one side of so that we can needle other Christians for disagreeing.

Pope Francis is not a Christian.
If you're trying to get your education from Youtube, I can already see the flaw. This is called CONFIRMATION BIAS, Hindsite. You just search out people who agree with you, and it's what uneducated people do. You do this because you don't like the idea that a man who studied the Bible, and Christianity his whole life, knows more about the religion than you do. That's that sin of pride rearing its ugly head, again.

Sad. Posting things saying he worships Satan is plain stupid, and low for any person who considers him/herself a Christian. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Godstud wrote:If you're trying to get your education from Youtube, I can already see the flaw. This is called CONFIRMATION BIAS, Hindsite. You just search out people who agree with you, and it's what uneducated people do. You do this because you don't like the idea that a man who studied the Bible, and Christianity his whole life, knows more about the religion than you do. That's that sin of pride rearing its ugly head, again.

Sad. Posting things saying he worships Satan is plain stupid, and low for any person who considers him/herself a Christian. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Tell me why you shouldn't be ashamed of yourself.
What should I be ashamed of? I am not criticizing a good man(Pope Francis), while idolizing a bad one(Donald Trump).

What has the Pope done that warrants your hatred of him? Has he ripped off many people? Does he incite violence amongst his followers?

How about Russia uses a battle field nuclear we[…]

@Tainari88 , @Godstud @Rich , @Verv , @Po[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 29, Friday Mackenzie King wins Canadian el[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over main[…]