We only kill black people. Racism in the US police force. Why? - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Buzz62 wrote:No.
As a FATHER, I might expect you to teach them not to get howling drunk and get arrested for disorderly conduct.
Go be a Dad.

Are you saying I should ignore the potentially lethal racism of police?

What kind of a dad would I be if I deliberately ignored a potential cause of death for my children?
Pants-of-dog wrote:Are you saying I should ignore the potentially lethal racism of police?

What kind of a dad would I be if I deliberately ignored a potential cause of death for my children?

No. I'm saying if you really think the police are your enemy...then you have deeper problems than I'd thought. And if you really would teach your kids to fear the police, then I would have to say...wrong lesson POD.
Buzz62 wrote:No. I'm saying if you really think the police are your enemy...then you have deeper problems than I'd thought. And if you really would teach your kids to fear the police, then I would have to say...wrong lesson POD.

Why? Are the cops not killing indigenous people?

Because I already posted evidence shpwing otherwise.
Buzz62 wrote:Killing? They left the drunken fools out in the snow.
Not the best decision, granted.
But you weren't there...how do you know these drunken idiots didn't demand to be let out?

Yes, the indigenous victims of police homicide demanded to be let out of a warm car miles and miles away from shelter on winter nights when it was so cold out that they would certainly die of hypothermia before reaching shelter.

:roll:

Why are you defending racist killings?
One unintended side effect of the focus on virtue signalling over actual policing may be more violent crime and especially black on black violent crime.
City Journal wrote:
Hard Data, Hollow Protests

FBI crime figures paint a very different picture of crime and policing than this weekend’s demonstrations suggest.

The FBI released its official crime tally for 2016 today, and the data flies in the face of the rhetoric that professional athletes rehearsed in revived Black Lives Matter protests over the weekend. Nearly 900 additional blacks were killed in 2016 compared with 2015, bringing the black homicide-victim total to 7,881. Those 7,881 “black bodies,” in the parlance of Ta-Nehisi Coates, are 1,305 more than the number of white victims (which in this case includes most Hispanics) for the same period, though blacks are only 13 percent of the nation’s population. The increase in black homicide deaths last year comes on top of a previous 900-victim increase between 2014 and 2015.

Who is killing these black victims? Not whites, and not the police, but other blacks. In 2016, the police fatally shot 233 blacks, the vast majority armed and dangerous, according to the Washington Post. The Post categorized only 16 black male victims of police shootings as “unarmed.” That classification masks assaults against officers and violent resistance to arrest. Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police. In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer. Black males have made up 42 percent of all cop-killers over the last decade, though they are only 6 percent of the population. That 18.5 ratio undoubtedly worsened in 2016, in light of the 53 percent increase in gun murders of officers—committed vastly and disproportionately by black males. Among all homicide suspects whose race was known, white killers of blacks numbered only 243.

Violent crime has now risen by a significant amount for two consecutive years. The total number of violent crimes rose 4.1 percent in 2016, and estimated homicides rose 8.6 percent. In 2015, violent crime rose by nearly 4 percent and estimated homicides by nearly 11 percent. The last time violence rose two years in a row was 2005–06. The reason for the current increase is what I have called the Ferguson Effect. Cops are backing off of proactive policing in high-crime minority neighborhoods, and criminals are becoming emboldened. Having been told incessantly by politicians, the media, and Black Lives Matter activists that they are bigoted for getting out of their cars and questioning someone loitering on a known drug corner at 2 AM, many officers are instead just driving by. Such stops are discretionary; cops don’t have to make them. And when political elites demonize the police for just such proactive policing, we shouldn’t be surprised when cops get the message and do less of it. Seventy-two percent of the nation’s officers say that they and their colleagues are now less willing to stop and question suspicious persons, according to a Pew Research poll released in January 2016. The reason is the persistent anti-cop climate.

Four studies came out in 2016 alone rebutting the charge that police shootings are racially biased. If there is a bias in police shootings, it works in favor of blacks and against whites. That truth has not stopped the ongoing demonization of the police—including, now, by many of the country’s ignorant professional athletes. The toll will be felt, as always, in the inner city, by the thousands of law-abiding people there who desperately want more police protection.

Pew survey:

Of course, according to the NYT the increase is puzzling:
NYT wrote:
Violent Crime in U.S. Rises for Second Consecutive Year

Violent crime, including homicides, rose for the second consecutive year in 2016, driven by increases in a few urban centers including Baltimore, Chicago and Las Vegas, according to F.B.I. data released Monday.

Violent crimes increased nationally last year by 4.1 percent and homicides rose by 8.6 percent, one year after violence increased by 3.9 percent and homicides jumped by 10.8 percent. A total of 17,250 people were murdered in 2016, the F.B.I. said.

While crime over all and violent crime remain well below their levels of the 1980s and 1990s, last year was the first time violent crime increased in consecutive years since 2005 and 2006, according to the F.B.I. data, which is collected from local police departments around the nation and released annually.

Police officials and criminologists continue to express puzzlement about the upsurge. There is disagreement not only about the reasons for the increases, but also about how law enforcement should respond and whether the figures represent a blip or the start of a long-term trend. The figures come against a backdrop of steady crime reductions nationally during the last 25 years.

[...]

Kaiserschmarrn's article wrote: In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer.

It's kind of dishonest to move the goalposts in the middle of a sentence. How many unarmed black males are babies? How many are arthritic 80 year olds?

How about comparing the homicide rate by police officers and unarmed police officers to see if they're less trigger happy when, "he was going for my gun" is no longer a rationale for killing.

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over mains[…]

So the evidence shows that it was almost certainl[…]

Yes, and that conditional statement is not necessa[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0pAf3aBt18 How […]