We only kill black people. Racism in the US police force. Why? - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

AFAIK wrote:
It's kind of dishonest to move the goalposts in the middle of a sentence. How many unarmed black males are babies? How many are arthritic 80 year olds?

About half of the black male population is between 15 and 50 years old, so you can divide that number by 2 if you use that age group, i.e. 9 times more likely. Divide it by roughly 2.5 if you want to restrict it to 15-40 year olds or about 7 times more likely.

What I take away from this is that the danger goes both ways. Not only do police officers in the US kill more people than in most other developed countries, they are also more likely to be killed.

As for dishonesty, I'm not going to hold the few who currently counter the narrative of racist police officers killing blacks to higher standards than the vast majority who have been deliberately feeding it for years if not decades. Dishonesty is so disproportionately skewed towards the latter that I don't mind the author of the article I quoted making a somewhat questionable comparison to get a point across.

AFAIK wrote:
How about comparing the homicide rate by police officers and unarmed police officers to see if they're less trigger happy when, "he was going for my gun" is no longer a rationale for killing.

Hard to test unless you force only some police officers to be unarmed which I doubt is politically feasible, especially if such an experiment was carried in high crime areas. Even if it was tried, the first unarmed police officer being killed would almost certainly stop it in its track.

Apart from that, if criminals are likely to carry firearms, I strongly support police officers being armed too.
This is such a stupid debate. And BLM is such a bunch of lying sacks of shit.
If black people don't like the treatment they get from law enforcement, maybe they should quit shooting cops...breaking laws...joining criminal street gangs...writing noise (because its certainly not "music") that promotes abuse of women and killing cops...etc...etc...etc...

If there is 1 constant in this world, its that "Ya gits what ya pays fer".

Slavery has been over for a long, long time. It is not an excuse for what goes on in the black communities.

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous&q[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

so American traitor Russell Bentley kidnapped and[…]

The dominant race of the planet is still the Whit[…]

I recently heard a video where Penn Jillette (w[…]