What will you do in a post employment world? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All sociological topics not appropriate or suited to other areas of the board.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
SolarCross wrote:Entrepreneurship. It is amazing no one is suggesting this, such lack of vision, most sad.

Beg, buy, borrow, steal or rent some AI workers and start your own enterprise. It's not rocket science.

Even rocket science is not rocket science, when AI is doing it. What possible enterprise could you conceive not already being done better and far more efficiently than a machine? And who the fuck are gonna sell it to?
SolarCross wrote:Entrepreneurship. It is amazing no one is suggesting this, such lack of vision, most sad.

Beg, buy, borrow, steal or rent some AI workers and start your own enterprise. It's not rocket science.

Drinking a lot seems a good idea. Maybe I would try and visit every Weatherspoons in the country? That seems a worthy goal.
quetzalcoatl wrote:Even rocket science is not rocket science, when AI is doing it. What possible enterprise could you conceive not already being done better and far more efficiently than a machine? And who the fuck are gonna sell it to?

Doesn't have to be a new enterprise or a big enterprise: cafe, pub, dog walking, carpet laying, whatever, get yourself a robot or two tell them how to do the work, keep an eye on them to make sure they aren't doing anything retarded and collect the dough.

You sell it other entrepreneurs, duh.

Or if that sounds like too much work you could just follow Decky's example become an impecunious gentleman of leisure, I guess that is more your speed. At least with AI barman in every pub the drinks should be cheaper.

I don't like that idea, it is technicallly illegal to serve a drunk person in a pub, of course this is universally ignored but what if a robot was doing the job? It might actually obey the law.
Decky wrote:I don't like that idea, it is technicallly illegal to serve a drunk person in a pub, of course this is universally ignored but what if a robot was doing the job? It might actually obey the law.

lol, yeah I hadn't thought about that. Actually I suppose publican/barman will be one of those jobs least likely to be automated, because there are some jobs that require the human touch and that is one of them. I think in general leisure and entertainment jobs will be quite resilient against automation.
The major factor in the ascendancy of machines in the workplace, particularly where there is direct intelligent interaction, is acceptance not competence.
I would be very happy not to work any more.
Provided everybody will get sufficient allowance to live, have shelter, eat, education and medical insurance, sounds great to me.

I have to admit I have not "worked" much in my life, and was able to do almost everything I wanted. So I would do what I have already done, like bird watching, fishing in the big rivers of the world, camping in nature reserves in Africa, reading, eating well, and enjoying a lot of sex.

But more of it.

With periods in between of introspection, simple family life, cocooning at home, keep on studying till the last day of my life.

Voila, that was my honest answer.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab […]

Pretty clear France will be taking a leading role […]

He is even less coherent than Alex Jones. My gu[…]

Yes, and it did not order a ceasefire. Did you ev[…]