Trump Takes on NFL - Page 23 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Hindsite
SpecialOlympian wrote:They're not average citizens and you seem to describe this as some kind of universal responsibility. Also getting people to stop protesting police brutality sure is quite the win.

No it is not a universal responsibility. So stop trying to move the goal post.
Hindsite wrote:No it is not a universal responsibility. So stop trying to move the goal post.

You're the one who just said it was a requirement of all citizens.
By Hindsite
SpecialOlympian wrote:You're the one who just said it was a requirement of all citizens.

Ha, ha, ha. :lol: You can't be serious that you actually thought I meant all citizens everywhere in the universe. Certainly, even a moron should know I was was only referring to citizens of the USA.
By Godstud
Hindsite wrote:No, I would not have condemned Obama for doing the same as Trump under that identical situation.
But you have, so I know that's a bold-faced lie. If you're going to argue points, at least be consistent.

[Zag Edit: Rule 3]
By Drlee
Come on Godstud. A little maturity. OK?
Hindsite wrote:Ha, ha, ha. :lol: You can't be serious that you actually thought I meant all citizens everywhere in the universe. Certainly, even a moron should know I was was only referring to citizens of the USA.

Yeah and you're still wrong.
By Godstud
Drlee wrote:Come on Godstud. A little maturity. OK?
After a case of beer, I guess I just didn't have any left in me. :p
By Stormsmith
Hindsite wrote:Well, let us wait and see if the NFL players stand next season. Then we will know who won.

Let's hope the players are standing Because this dastardly policing situation is put to rights
Stormsmith wrote:Let's hope the players are standing Because this dastardly policing situation is put to rights

I completely agree.

If the protest against police brutality is stopped because Trump forces them to, then this is a clear case of censorship. It would be a government effort to silence people who are protesting government attacks against citizens.
By Stormsmith
Cheers, Pants of Dog. I've been listening to this trashing of NFL players since forever, and not once have I heard Trump or his minions suggesting (what I think is the bloody obvious point) addressing these issues.

I appreciate that for the most part the cops and court are city police and court, but surely a meeting of the governors could be convened to review the situation.
By Hindsite
Stormsmith wrote:Cheers, Pants of Dog. I've been listening to this trashing of NFL players since forever, and not once have I heard Trump or his minions suggesting (what I think is the bloody obvious point) addressing these issues.

I appreciate that for the most part the cops and court are city police and court, but surely a meeting of the governors could be convened to review the situation.

These issues have already been addressed after investigation by Obama's Justice Department. The disrespectful kneeling by NFL players are publicity stunts for an imaginary problem.
By blackjack21
jimjam wrote:Off hand the only reason I can think of to do that is to eliminate all those annoying regulations that retard both environmental degradation and profits of donors to blowhards like Donald.

Well, they have abused power fairly regularly. We need to shrink government, and that is a great place to start.

Libertarian353 wrote:Racist statement one, you assume Blacks are more criminal therefore you justify an illegal act of murder by cops. You adhered to one criminal white act because Blacks are in nature criminals to you.

Blacks are more inclined to violent crime. There are mountains of evidence to support that statement. I do not justify cops murdering people. I do think they are within their rights and powers to use violence in many cases.

Libertarian353 wrote:You don't care that it's reall, you call it fake cause you want him to make minorities lives even more miserable.

I don't care about stories like that. The media and the Democrats collude and make up stuff like that, and for some reason they think I should care about this stuff.

Libertarian353 wrote:It's fake news cause since a Black woman said it and it's her word against a white man. You'll side with him. Hell you side with him even if the soldier was white. You care nothing for veterans. You're so desperate for a race war, you let him trump kill 15 million whites if that's what it take.

I'm not interested in the story. It doesn't put money in my pocket. So I frankly don't care about it. You should examine the logic of your statements, because you just inadvertantly made the point that race is not what motivates my support of Trump.

Libertarian353 wrote:Also when I was larper I saw you defending the cop literal words of "we only shoot blacks".

The cop made a bad attempt at humor using the woman's own words against her.

Libertarian353 wrote:Now if a black cop or public officer say he want to kill us whites(as a joke), would you have defended him as well?

If he's talking to a black man and says that as some humor, I don't think he should be fired. I think the case deserves a reprimand, but not an extreme one.

Libertarian353 wrote:Also we know you're a racist as well, so Blacks being racist to us is warrant. Only we whites have the power to change their view on us.

I'm not in to reverse psychology.

Libertarian353 wrote:Mitt Romeny had more of the white vote than trump, and compare to context 60 mil is small niche.

That's an excellent point. Trump won more of the black vote and the Hispanic vote than Romney.

Libertarian353 wrote:Just say you want white rule and minorities as second class citizens.

There are a lot of white people I do not want anywhere near political power.

Libertarian353 wrote:I mean most of these pofo right wingers don't have to hide their hatred of "negros" and their rights.

I go to football games. People like me make black football players very wealthy.

Libertarian353 wrote:No whites are calling for segregation with their white flight, gentrification and other republican policies: https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/comm ... verty-trap

These are not policies of any major political party.

Libertarian353 wrote:One of many, we wanted to separate from Blacks. Not them, so don't you dare project like it's their fault. Shame on you racist.

Blacks routinely self-segregate. It is one of the phenomena that pro-integration leftists find puzzling. For example, blacks have their own TV channels like BET (Black Entertainment Television), because they are more comfortable watching an all-black cast rather than a lot of white people. By contrast, there is no corresponding "White Entertainment Television or WET.

Hindsite wrote:This Thursday night football between the Chiefs and the Raiders, none of the players took a knee in disrespect at the playing of the National Anthem.

Yep. And it was a fantastic game too.

MistyTiger wrote:Just because Cheney did that, doesn't mean Trump wouldn't try to copy the move. We all know how much Trump hates Obama. Trump would even try shooting in the face several times and doing other vindictive stuff, maybe use a golf club. :lol:

Trump isn't going to shoot anyone. Trump doesn't like Obama, and that's fine.
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:Well, they have abused power fairly regularly. We need to shrink government, and that is a great place to start.

Simple things for simple minds straight from Fox Fake News. Sure, let's eliminate the entire EPA as Donald has declared and get back to his vision of a Great America with rivers on fire and putrid stinking air.
By Finfinder
Zagadka wrote:We need a small government. That arrests people for not being loyal enough to God and Country. Clearly, because that makes sense.

Who is saying that ? Just admit it, Trump was correct, kneeling is bad for business, for both the owners and the players. Why do think NBA players are not taking on this issue at game time?

Many players make more on endorsements than their salaries.
By blackjack21
Zagadka wrote:Sure, let's eliminate the entire EPA as Donald has declared and get back to his vision of a Great America with rivers on fire and putrid stinking air.

The EPA has regularly been used by anti-industrial anti-capitalists purporting to be environmentalists to attack legitimate businesses and propertied interests. In other words, they are against anybody making money.

The EPA's Abuse of Power
Naturally, the prospect of a boom in fossil fuel production has driven environmentalists crazy. Environmental activists soon made contact with Mr. Lipsky, told him to watch a largely fraudulent documentary called Gasland, and encouraged him to bring EPA into the action quickly. In later summer 2010, he duly filed a complaint with both federal and state regulators.

EPA testing soon showed that there were traces of methane in his drinking water, and that, like the methane deep in the Barnet Shale, it was “thermogenic” rather than “biogenic.” All that proved was that both samples had come from deep underground, which was obvious anyway. But that was all the EPA needed to slap Range Resources with an endangerment finding and remediation order. “We know they’ve polluted the well,” claimed EPA regional administrator Al Armendariz in a television interview at the time. “We know they’re getting natural gas in there.”

In fact, Armendariz didn’t know anything. A week after the EPA order, its staff met with the company, which wanted to find out just how EPA thought it had polluted the well. The gas from the company’s well could only have gotten into Mr. Lipsky’s well in one of two ways: either it had migrated vertically over 5000 feet up to the Trinity Aquifer as a result of 10 days of fracking the new well, or it had migrated into the aquifer from a mechanical integrity failure in the well pipe. EPA staff agreed that fracking could not have caused the contamination, because there were no faults extensive enough to permit migration of gas over such a great distance. And they did not dispute the veracity of the pressure-testing that confirmed the mechanical integrity of the well. They couldn’t propose a single theory as to how the gas had gotten into the well.

Range challenged the order in court, and after EPA fought mightily to avoid having anyone testify at all, a federal judge ordered EPA to provide information about its investigation and make someone available for a sworn deposition. Under oath, regional EPA enforcement chief John Blevins was confronted with internal emails in which an EPA engineer warned that the simple methane isotope test EPA had conducted was not “conclusive” proof.

Range lawyers asked Mr. Blevins whether he was aware that many of the water wells in the area had contained natural gas long before any drilling. He was. Had he seen the email from an outside scientist telling EPA that it had to “evaluate the potential for other sources that would be thermogenic and the geology or structures that would store or transmit the gas from origin to aquifer.” He had. Had EPA had considered other possible geological sources of the gas in the Lipsky well? It had not.

In other words, EPA hadn’t even completed the most elementary investigation before issuing the “emergency order.”

This goes on constantly now. This was not the legislative intent for the EPA. It has become, as you like to say, about the money. There are a lot of people who do not have any moral qualms about coming up with a dodgy legal theory to try to pilfer money from a corporation via tort feasors.

At every step in this fast-moving fiasco, EPA’s legal position shifted: Its original order was based on the factual assertion that Range had caused the contamination; when it couldn’t explain how, it retreated to the position that Range “may have” caused it; and when that possibility was excluded, it retreated to the ultimate redoubt of government authority: arbitrary power. Now, confronted with incontrovertible evidence that the source of the gas was something else entirely, EPA claims that the law didn’t require to prove or even allege any connection between Range and the contamination. It is suing Range for millions of dollars for failure to comply fully with its original order.

This is the type of thing you support jimjam? Once the government is proven to be wrong, they still sue the person who proved them wrong. That's your position?

Zagadka wrote:That arrests people for not being loyal enough to God and Country.

Is it reasonable to ask for complete sentences? By the way, the point, if I understand what you're saying, is that we shouldn't arrest people for disloyalty to God and Country. However, at this point, I haven't heard of anyone being arrested for such things.

What's germaine is that people like Michael Brown were clearly guilty of many felonies, including assault on a police officer, and killed as a result of their own actions. Many people disagree with the essential complaints of "Black Lives Matter."
By 4cal
Finfinder wrote:Who is saying that ? Just admit it, Trump was correct, kneeling is bad for business, for both the owners and the players. Why do think NBA players are not taking on this issue at game time?

Many players make more on endorsements than their salaries.

Apparently, you haven’t heard anything L. James or Greg Popovich or S. Curry have said.

Perhaps do some research next time.
By Finfinder
4cal wrote:Apparently, you haven’t heard anything L. James or Greg Popovich or S. Curry have said.

Perhaps do some research next time.

What part of at game time do you not understand?

Popovich hilarious he is such a disrespectful ahole I saw the lame ass press conference .........
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote: In other words, they are against anybody making money.

That's kinda stupid. Did you hear it on Fox Fake News?
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:That's kinda stupid. Did you hear it on Fox Fake News?

It is more stupid that you refer to the fair an balanced Fox News as fake.

A new film has been released destroying the offic[…]

Sounds like perfect organized crime material ex[…]

Since you keep insisting on pretending that the I[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]