Mujica, the Najashi of our time - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Mexico to Argentina.

Moderator: PoFo Latin America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
abu_rashid wrote:I just found it very befitting, as every time I've watched something on Mujica, I've always reflected on how much his humble and austere lifestyle resembles that of the early Muslim rulers.

I'm sure.

abu_rashid wrote:The fact he's now taking in the Guantanamo victims is also very reminiscent of how the Najashi took in the early Muslims and sheltered them from the oppression of the Arabs.

I'm sure.

abu_rashid wrote:I am indeed a supporter of treating people well, regardless of their ethnicity, religious affiliation or any other factor.

I'm sure.

abu_rashid wrote:I know you can't get past your "You're an Islamist, you must support ISIS" delusion, but sooner or later, it might sink in I guess.

I don't believe that's an accusation that I've levelled at you yet, but others have picked up on your own defence of ISIS and are calling you out on that. My 'delusion' is that all Islamists need to be liquidated - I don't care if you actually claim to support ISIS or not.
Noob wrote:I don't believe that's an accusation that I've levelled at you yet, but others have picked up on your own defence of ISIS and are calling you out on that. My 'delusion' is that all Islamists need to be liquidated - I don't care if you actually claim to support ISIS or not.

What' this then?

"He doesn't care about human rights when applied to Shi'a Muslims, Yazidis, Christians, or any other ethno-religious group. His concern is only with Muslims."

If that isn't a claim that I support IS, I don't know what is. Unless there's others who have defined themselves by their fight against Shi'a, Yazidis etc?
Thats almost impossible. Ive got a client who spends the winter months down there. Next time he comes up to Seattle Ill have to ask him. Have you seen the number of babies produced in latin countries? LOL. Men and women celebrate their differences instead of butting heads like they do here in Northern America.

I call B.S. big time...
abu_rashid wrote:Of course!

Right, since their fate is now sealed.

The Creator is the changer of hearts, not us.

Contrary to your delusions, not everyone is an Islam hater.

Latin America, although it has roots in Western colonialism has been famous for resistance against Western colonialism.

Reminds me of the Communist Brotherhood.

As a Uruguayan I think is offensive to compare Mujica to Najashi and is delusional to think South Americans want to have anything to do with Islam. This illusion we gladly want to receive Muslims, are ok with Islam stands for is nearly insanity.

Nothing is more polar opposite to South American values than Islam. Mujica accepted receiving Muslims refugees against the will of Uruguayan people. We also had problems with the very few we received.

I also must say South America is Western and by any meanings we oppose our European culture, we do oppose USA and EU as influences in a political, economical and social way exactly because those institutions go against Western Values.

There's only 20-30 people going to the 2 Mosques we have in Montevideo.

Uruguay also has a big number of agnostic people. They aren't into Muslim fundamentalism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion_in_Uruguay

You know what I find very irritating? Is thinking all Latin American nations are the same. They are not. They vary a whole lot. I wish people would do their homework.

Argentina has the most licensed amount of psychologists in the world. They love psychotherapy in Argentina. Bolivia banned McDonald's restaurants because they competed with local street vendors and the Bolivians like their street vendor food.

So many lies spreading about Latin America because everyone has distorted visions of Latin America.

I love Uruguayan literature, and I love Uruguayan poetry, and music and food. Beautiful nation.

I loved that little novel by Mario Benedetti, "La Muerte y Otras Sorpresas", "Death and Other Surprises".

Great soccer/football team too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Mujica

I like Mujica.

The link and quote has been posted. As well as l[…]

Nobody is trying to distract from the humanitarian[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Again: nope. Putin in Feb 2022 only decided ... […]

Helping Ukraine to defeat the Russian invasion an[…]