60,000 nationalists in Poland march to celebrate their country, others join in. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Thunderhawk:
Title edited for accuracy.

Crowd of mostly young people carries banners that read ‘Europe Will Be White’ and ‘Clean Blood’
Tens of thousands of Poles marched across downtown Warsaw on Saturday, in an independence-day procession organized by a nationalist youth movement that seeks an ethnically pure Poland with fewer Jews or Muslims.

The largely young crowd shot off roman candles and many chanted “fatherland,” carrying banners that read “White Europe,” “Europe Will Be White” and “Clean Blood.” Some of the marchers flew in from Hungary, Slovakia and Spain and waved flags and symbols that those countries used during their wartime collaboration with Nazi Germany.

A number of people in the crowd said they didn’t belong to any neo-fascist or racist organization but didn’t see a problem with the overall tone of what has become Poland’s biggest independence day event.

“There are of course nationalists and fascists at this march,” said Mateusz, a 27-year-old wrapped in a Polish flag, “I’m fine with it. I’m just happy to be here.”

The march, organized by a group called the National Radical Camp, underscores the rightward politics of a growing section of Polish youth. The Radical Camp presents itself as the heir to a 1930s fascist movement of the same name, which fought to rid Poland of Jews in the years just before the Holocaust. A second group, All Polish Youth, also named after an anti-Jewish interwar movement, co-organized it.

Officials in the city government said they thought the march reflected poorly on Poland, but they said they had no choice but to approve the demonstration, as it fulfilled the legal requirements: It qualified as a celebration of Polish history. “This is not the type of event I would take my children to,” said Agnieszka Kłąb, spokesperson for the Warsaw City Council.

The Radical Camp has been holding independence-day marches since 2009. Until several years ago, it struggled to attract more than a few hundred people. In the past three years, it has become the largest independence-day occasion in Poland, and one of the largest nationalist marches of its kind anywhere in Europe. Saturday’s was expected to be the largest ever. Police estimated the crowd at 60,000.

“It’s getting more and more vicious,” said Jakub Skrzypek, 25, one of about a dozen counterprotesters standing behind a banner that read “We Are Polish Jews” and surrounded by police. “We are really in fear.”

The Radical Camp’s followers argue, on their social-media accounts and in their literature, that the influx of Syrian refugees into Europe is part of a conspiracy driven by Jewish financiers, who are working with Communists in the European Union to bring Muslims into Europe, and with them, Shariah law and homosexuality.

The group has regularly held events to mark a 1936 pogrom against Jews. Its symbols were displayed on a banner that appeared over a Warsaw bridge, reading: “Pray for Islamic Holocaust.”

This year, the group said it was adopting a new slogan, a quote from a July speech here by President Donald Trump : “We want God.”

“This march is just an expression of a bigger social phenomenon, which is definitely very troubling, and is the growing acceptance of extreme nationalism and xenophobia among young people in Poland,” said Rafal Pankowski, a political-science professor at private university Collegium Civitas in Warsaw. “It is a contrast: Polish parents and grandparents are paradoxically more liberal than their young.”

Richard Spencer, an American until recently banned from 26 European countries who wants to create a country just for white people in North America, was invited. The Polish government asked him to stay home, and he didn’t show up. Roberto Fiore, an Italian anti-immigration politician who describes himself as a fascist, was scheduled to appear.

Some Poles on Facebook and Twitter said they were staying away from the city center on their country’s independence day, to avoid potential violence. Three previous years’ marches devolved into tear-gas-clouded scuffles with police. Police detained at least 45 people Saturday.

The crowds drawn to Saturday’s march reflect the politics taking hold in the soccer clubs and youth hangouts where Radical Camp recruits. The group holds a staunch nativist standpoint, saying the European Union and Russia represent equal threats to Polish sovereignty. It argues that Polish people should nationalize the assets belonging to foreign corporations and distribute the profits across an ethnically homogenous state.

Similar movements have taken hold—even captured seats in parliament—in Hungary, Slovakia and Czech Republic. Some of these countries are among Europe’s most prospering. Poland is the only country in the EU that didn’t experience a single quarter of economic contraction after the financial crisis.

Still, the fear that Poland is under siege by distant elites has captured the imagination of some here, as has the worry that hordes of immigrants could soon pour over the border. Government-controlled media broadcasts near-nightly reports on crimes committed by Muslims in Europe. On Saturday, Polish state television called the procession a “great march of patriots.

“It’s like this inner need we have,” said Lukasz, a 24-year-old protester. “We want a Poland that will be for Polish people.”
https://www.wsj.com/articles/polish-nat ... 1510429006

Poland
Thank you skinster.
Nationalism has an ugly face, because it is about excluding and in last consequence depicting and mistreating minorities.
It is a poisonous glue to keep a majority as such under control, and it is infectious to neighbors.
All major conflicts in the 20th century were fuelled by nationalism.
And now we maybe will see Poland sliding away. They can hardly afford it, it would be madness. As cannot Hungary or Slovakia.
But mad people have stirring insects in their ears, that make them going moron.
When the alt right tards are on the business end of hyper-racism, I wonder if they'll graciously accept their place in the new order?

The problem with ordinary racism is its utter incomprehension of the near future. Not only will capabilities for genomic manipulation dissolve biological identity into techno-commercial processes of yet-incomprehensible radicality, but also … other things.

The genetically self-filtering elite is not merely different — and becoming ever more different — it is explicitly superior according to the established criteria that allocate social status. Analogical fusion with Cochran’s space colonists is scarcely avoidable. If SES-based assortative mating is taking place, humanity (and not only society) is coming apart, on an axis whose inferior pole is refuse. This is not anything that ordinary racism is remotely able to process. That it is a consummate nightmare for anti-racism goes without question, but it is also trans-racial, infra-racial, and hyper-racial in ways that leave ‘race politics’ as a gibbering ruin in its wake.

Neo-eugenic genomic manipulation capabilities, which will also be unevenly distributed by SES, will certainly intensify the trend to speciation, rather than ameliorating it. On the sweetness-and-light side, racists and anti-racists can be expected to eventually bond in a defensive fraternity, when they recognize that traditionally-differentiated human populations are being torn asunder on an axis of variation that dwarfs all of their established concerns.
https://alternative-right.blogspot.com/2014/10/hyper-racism.html
Saturday’s march was not organized or officially promoted by the governing right-wing Law and Justice party. Yet, despite the extremist slogans and posters, officials refrained from condemning the march, and even voiced public support: In a statement on Monday, Poland’s Foreign Ministry defended the march as a largely patriotic event and “a great celebration of Poles,” although the ministry condemned racist, xenophobic and anti-Semitic remarks. The interior minister had previously called the rally “a beautiful sight.”

Even if he may have been unaware at the time of some of the posters held up at the rally, he probably must have known who was behind this annual protest. The organizers include anti-Semitic and anti-Muslim radical groups such as the All-Polish Youth and the National-Radical Camp, according to the Associated Press.

Members of the All-Polish Youth movement have had strong ties to the Law and Justice party in the past. In 2006, the former chairman of the movement was named as the vice prime minister.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... b78fa95885

The far-right rally was tacitly approved by the Polish government. In previous years, there were violent clashes between the marchers and anti-fascist demonstrators but this year thousands of police sealed off the streets to avoid contact with any protesters against the march. The Law and Justice party is closely associated with one of the organizers of the rally, Konrad Bonisławski. The All-Polish Youth movement that he chairs is playing a major role as part of the National Movement party.

Meseznikov also sees Russia's encouragement of anti-European Union and anti-American views that spread on social networks as part of a "toxic mixture" behind the growth of the far-right.

It could be years before the tide ebbs and reverses, according to Pankowski, the Polish expert.

Sociological data show that the generation of Poles that only has known democracy is more prone to xenophobic and far-right nationalism than their parents' generation, with younger Poles paradoxically "turning their backs on democratic values," he said.

"I think many of them will keep those far-right views inside them for decades to come," Pankowski said. "It's not an issue that will disappear."

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wir ... r-51058493
Harry Graf Kessler, German count, diplomat, and writer in 1914 wrote:The Poles, a beautiful, noble, only too much idealistic and childish race, will never be capable o governing themselves, that is, to offer us the guarantee that they would keep their country functioning domestically...Already the Jews, the size of this alien minority in the Polish state, would prevent any normal healthy development of a completely indepdnent Polish state. Just as impossible is a simple annexation and assimilation into either Austria or Germany. Austria's would quickly fall to pieces due to it, and an absorption of Poland into our state would burden us with a lasting sickness warping our growth probably forever.

...What we require is, indeed, the absolute stratigic domination and security of this terrain...We must be in possession military's of all the necessary strong points, supply routes, and all railroads, with the right to use and extend these as we see fit.

...[Poles are] strangely un-European, with brightly painted houses and ancient wooden verandas. The population in costume and type quite Oreintal: the men in white felt pants and jackets, a shaggy sheepskin casually draped over one shoulder, and a pointed fur hat on the head; the women in colorful shawls, white shirt-like dresses, and high boots that give them a uniform elephant-like leg, but naked knees between the hem of the dress and the boots. THe boys are saucy and slender with pretty clear eyes; they all wear the white felt costume and little fur hats. Among them circulate the quite different Jews with their sly, narrow faces and curled locks.

Goebbels on October 10, 1939 wrote:The Fuherer's verdict on the Poles is damning. MOre like animals than human beings, completely primitive and amorphous. And a ruling class that is an unsatisfactory result of a mingling between the lower orders and an Aryan master-race. The Pole's dirtiness is unimaginable. Their capacity for intelligent judgement is absolutely none...The Fuherer has no intention of assimilating the Poles...Had Henry the Lion conquered the East...The result would certainly have been a strongly slavicised race of German mongrels. Better the present situation. Now we know the laws off racial hierarchy and can handle things accordingly.

"Hey guys, let's give the fascists a try and enact their fun racial theories say about us Poles!" :excited:
foxdemon wrote:@Sivad An interesting read. The genetically changed trait that will seperate the rich from the poor will be longevity.

It'll be more than that. Everything will be enhanced in the near future: life expectancy, intelligence, beauty, creativity, psychology and temperament, strength, reflex, coordination, stamina, immune response, and who knows what else? We're at the tail end of our span as the dominant life on the planet.
Longevity will make the most difference. A person who lives a standard life time can’t be compared with one who lives many centuries. The rich will have interfacing with AI to produce AGI. So they will be godlike in intelligence too.

Humans as we are now will be like chimps compared to the trans human elites. It’s odd that neo-Nazis aren’t into the idea in a big way. Futurism and eugenics used to be a central theme for Facists.
foxdemon wrote:Longevity will make the most difference. A person who lives a standard life time can’t be compared with one who lives many centuries. The rich will have interfacing with AI to produce AGI. So they will be godlike in intelligence too.

I get the advantage but I think they're probably going to crack a lot of these mysteries around the same time so longevity probably won't be the sole factor.

Humans as we are now will be like chimps compared to the trans human elites. It’s odd that neo-Nazis aren’t into the idea in a big way. Futurism and eugenics used to be a central theme for Facists.

Like any good materialist I think transhuman upgrades are going to solve a lot of problems. I don't think it ever occurred to Marx that we might just do away with the human condition altogether but that's the route we're going and I think it holds a lot of promise. I fully embrace transhumanism.
Politiks wrote:From what I saw they are protesting against immigration and they don't want to receive Muslims, isn't anti any particular race.

Yes, they advocated for religious prejudice and discrimination instead of racial prejudice and discrimination.

It is still prejudice and discrimination.

——————————

Oxymoron wrote:Poland for the Poles.

You agree that they should ethnically cleanse Poland of all Jews?
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, they advocated for religious prejudice and discrimination instead of racial prejudice and discrimination.

It is still prejudice and discrimination.

——————————

You agree that they should ethnically cleanse Poland of all Jews?

Too late for that, :lol: I suspect there are not that many left.
Pants-of-dog wrote:You seem like you do not want to answer my question.

If I were a Jew who had supported anti-Jewish groups, I woukd also be hesitant about clarifying my position, so it is understandable.

Buddy, I answered your question. There are no Jews to force out... unless you are asking in a hypothetical sense? If so I would be in favor of all Jews getting the fuck out of Europe, go to the US or Israel.
Last edited by Oxymoron on 13 Nov 2017 22:30, edited 1 time in total.

Of course, Morgan Freeman is black. He conforms t[…]

My take from this discussion is that @QatzelOk w[…]

Semafor. :lol: The Intercept :lol:

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is why they are committed to warmongering.[…]