White House Declares National Day for the Victims of Communism - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Patrickov wrote:Marxism failed.

Nope. Also, you seem to be confusing Marxism as an analytical tool and Marxism as a political ideology. We were discsusing the former.

What you said is inequality going to the extreme. Yes it exists, and that's the "extreme" part which is bad and should be removed (I mentioned something similar in #14861287), not the inequality itself (and besides it CANNOT. As long as we value different things differently there will be inequality because it's impossible for everyone to have the same ability and skill set). If you count those suffering from primitive living in, then we are possibly at the upper half as well. Expect a lowering of our living standards during the change (not that I care about it, but I have to remind you).

I have no idea what you are trying to argue here.

Don't expect those will go down without a fight. And that's a fight that they can have advantage by "buying their way". Plan your war wisely.

Yes, I am aware that capitalists have the money and the power, and will kill those people who directly threaten their power.
Oxymoron wrote:What is inherently good about economic equality? Why only economi c? Why not sports equality, and science equality? I mean why should only smart people be scientists, why should only steady hands be allowed to operate in surgery? Seriously cannot you see the foolishness of that statement?

Well, by giving all strata of society a decent income, this opens the door to everyone participating in all other fields like sports, science and political decision-making.

With massive income inequality, all fields are run by the same oligarchy and entire sections of society are alienated and often discarded like trash.
SolarCross wrote:When they have had enough equality they can be let out to rejoin civilisation.

By that time, all that will be left of civilization is radioactive, flooded ruins. Inequality leads to social sickness and nihilism because it's unnatural.
QatzelOk wrote:By that time, all that will be left of civilization is radioactive, flooded ruins. Inequality leads to social sickness and nihilism because it's unnatural.

Yes but all the socially sick nihilists can have their communism in siberia, while the rest of us get a break from their incessant whining. So it will be a win all round. 8)
QatzelOk wrote:Well, by giving all strata of society a decent income, this opens the door to everyone participating in all other fields like sports, science and political decision-making.

With massive income inequality, all fields are run by the same oligarchy and entire sections of society are alienated and often discarded like trash.

this only happens if there are barriers for gaining and increasing income, in the US there are no such barriers.This why for example Armenians, Jews, J,Koreans, Chinese etc etc come to this country and excel. Because those cultures stress the value of entrepreneurship, education and independent action these traits. The reason poor stay relatively poor is mindset not opportunity.
Oxymoron wrote: The reason poor stay relatively poor is mindset not opportunity.

Totally agree with that, 100%. It's like something's wrong with these assholes, all they gotta do is take it and it's theirs, but for some reason they don't do it? I would've done it already, they're definitely fucked in the head somehow.
The Immortal Goon wrote:You think that material reality is less important than your thoughts and feelings...

:lol:

Absolutely material reality is less important that your ability. Otherwise underdogs would always lose against superior numbers in war for example. Yet many times superior mindset and abilities led small armies to crushing victories against people with huge armies. Like take out Alexander as leader, and the Greeks never take over Persia, against huge numerical superiority.
Oxymoron wrote:this only happens if there are barriers for gaining and increasing income, in the US there are no such barriers.This why for example Armenians, Jews, J,Koreans, Chinese etc etc come to this country and excel. Because those cultures stress the value of entrepreneurship, education and independent action these traits. The reason poor stay relatively poor is mindset not opportunity.

skinster wrote::lol:

I have to agree with Oxy on the fact that mindset can lead to wealth (surrounded by a sea of poverty).

Look at how succesful many drug lords are in countries where "other mindsets" struggle to feed their kids. The opportunity to make money exists, and narcotraficantes have the mindset to seize this golden chance for self-enrichment.

Or look how well mafias do for themselves even in the poorest, worst-managed societies. And notice how they can use their money to make sure these societies remain badly-managed.

Mindset over matter.
QatzelOk wrote:I have to agree with Oxy on the fact that mindset can lead to wealth (surrounded by a sea of poverty).

Look at how succesful many drug lords are in countries where "other mindsets" struggle to feed their kids. The opportunity to make money exists, and narcotraficantes have the mindset to seize this golden chance for self-enrichment.

Or look how well mafias do for themselves even in the poorest, worst-managed societies. And notice how they can use their money to make sure these societies remain badly-managed.

Mindset over matter.

To an extent I agree, some people just do not want to take risks or take advantage of opportunities. While the risks fluctuate between being a Criminal who can get shot by other criminals or arrested, to going to night school, or learning a trade. Depending whether you live in Mexican drug state, or in the US or other western Nations where only Dopes sell Dope.

Great german commentary: https://www.nachdenkseit[…]

Hmm. I took it a second time and changes three ans[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

is it you , Moscow Marjorie ? https://exte[…]

This year, Canada spent more paying interest on it[…]